• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jason Schreier's new book

Brute

Some embarassing responses to this guy in the thread. "Responsible for making gaming worse" - yeah no, a prick with a clear agenda and some bullshit tweets that isn't actually making games isn't responsible for the state of shitty game releases because developers feel like they can't "crunch." The fudge?

Agreed. Who cares who is delivering the message if the story is one that should be told. Like this:

. . .is fucking ridiculous.
You’re right it was incredibly immature of me, and insensitive.

I just dislike JS - he’s not a nice person from the information I have about him.

He's the Miss Cleo of game journalism.
I remember her all the time, I think during ad breaks for Cleopatra 2525.

MvRbipN.jpg

"In the year.. 2525.."

Last edited:

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Is the paper used high quality to double up as toilet paper? Cuz I could wipe my ass with it.

StereoVsn

I know the dude gets a lot of hate here, but his books were actually pretty good. Might take a look at this one once it’s on Amazon.

Nonehxc

rwazNDz.png

Imagine anybody cares about your book except your closed circle

The QRTs are on fire

So you like paying taxes for missiles and pennies for your clearly empty conscience, huh?

You can put your royalties together with your leathery foreskin where Jehova doesn't shine, Jason. 🖕🏻

FingerBang

Some embarassing responses to this guy in the thread. "Responsible for making gaming worse" - yeah no, a prick with a clear agenda and some bullshit tweets that isn't actually making games isn't responsible for the state of shitty game releases because developers feel like they can't "crunch." The fudge?

Agreed. Who cares who is delivering the message if the story is one that should be told. Like this:

. . .is fucking ridiculous.
Fully agree. I dislike him as a person and for his political leanings, BUT we all know his reports are legit, and his books offer great insight into the gaming industry.

Many people on gaf have the same mentality as those on REEEEE, but reversed. But you get to express your opinion here, even if it doesn't align with the leaders, making it much better.

Impotaku

Can’t think of a more boring subject for a book, like who the fuck cares about blizzard enough that they’d read that shit.

I’d rather read a phone book.

SJRB

Gold Member
Something about this feels sinister. He knows and has known about (sexual) misconduct over at Blizzard for many years now, and he knew while things were happening.

The idea of writing a book about it and selling it feels uncomfortable and of questionable morality. The Russia bit it just the icing on the cake.

What a strange guy he is.

Dick Jones

Gold Member
I can't wait to read the book about how ole Jason knew about the allegations in Blizzard and did fuck all leading to continued abuse and the death of staff, then boasted that he knew. Great job Jason, you fucking fuck. Rot in fucking hell for not doing anything or trying to claim after the fact that you knew.

hemo memo

Gold Member
This book should be called Gossip Girl 3. What’s next, my microwave write a book?

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
I know the dude gets a lot of hate here, but his books were actually pretty good. Might take a look at this one once it’s on Amazon.
Good by what metric? Sit with your grandfather or grandmother for an hour and you’ll probably get a more informed opinion that this dude fiction books.

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Why do people hate this guy so much? He's like the only game journalist that does real journalism.

Last edited:

Valedix

Why do people hate this guy so much? He's like the only game journalist that does real journalism.
I called him out on Twitter when the Queen died and how he was making fun of her death because he also has an Era account so I wasn't at all surprised by his comments, he then blocked me straight away dude doesn't take criticism at all.

hemo memo

Gold Member
I called him out on Twitter when the Queen died and how he was making fun of her death because he also has an Era account so I wasn't at all surprised by his comments, he then blocked me straight away dude doesn't take criticism at all.
Yes people called him out on that tasteless joke about the titanic submarine and he banned them all. Funny how someone who sees himself as a ”journalist” doesn't like opinions.

rob305

I enjoyed his other 2 books but couldnt care less about Blizzard.
He needs to write a book about more secretive companies like Rockstar, he seems to have good connections there based on his leaks. Would def read a book about them

shaddam

So I was thinking about this and.... how can he release his book in Russia when he is supporting the "enemy" with his revenue? Will the goverment be happy about it? Would be really funny if both russia and ukraine supporters would tell him to f off.

cormack12

Gold Member
So I was thinking about this and.... how can he release his book in Russia when he is supporting the "enemy" with his revenue? Will the goverment be happy about it? Would be really funny if both russia and ukraine supporters would tell him to f off.
He is right though, Russians with their rich heritage of Tolstoy, Dostoevsky, Chekhov and Pushkin would go apeshit if they were deprived of this seminal work of literature.

GymWolf

Perfect timing, the minimarket close to my house stopped selling 4 veil toilet paper just yesterday and i have a delicate uranus.

Last edited:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
Fo fuck sake

Captain America Lol GIF by mtv

If that’s real journalism then middle schoolers do a far better job.
How many game journalists actually investigate what is happening at companies behind the scenes rather than just going through PR channels?

Like honestly, it's rare. Most game journalists are not trained journalists and have no idea how to do that sort of thing. I appreciate it when someone does.

I recognize that a lot of people would prefer to consume PR hype than to hear negativity about corporate culture at game studios but you gotta respect the effort.

Last edited:

hemo memo

Gold Member
How many game journalists actually investigate what is happening at companies behind the scenes rather than just going through PR channels?

Like honestly, it's rare. Most game journalists are not trained journalists and have no idea how to do that sort of thing. I appreciate it when someone does.

I recognize that a lot of people would prefer to consume PR hype than to hear negativity about corporate culture at game studios but you gotta respect the effort.
Texting disgruntled employees who were just let go to catch them at their weakest point to talk is investigative journalism? His books are he said she said gossip. It’s like the dude knows nothing about office politics or never worked an office job in his life. The things he write about would never be published if it is not for this stupid industry operating like the defense industry and game hobbyist obsession with so called “insiders”.

Last edited:

Faust

Perpetually Tired
Staff Member
He doesn’t. He lies, manupulates, and pushes false narratives that garner him more clicks and attention.

He sat on the rape allegations for years. Got pissy when others finally revealed the info because he couldn’t be first to monetize it.

He had hundreds of rockstar employees telling him how they loved the work culture, but he didn’t publish their views and instead focused on only the negatives. Many of which weren’t even good employees or game devs at all. A number of them were janitorial staff.

Similar things happened with all his “reveals”.

He is a hypocritical weasel who just wants attention and money. He doesn’t give a rats ass about anyone in the industry and would sell anyone under the bridge if he could make a quick buck.

Last edited:
Top Bottom