• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jazz Jennings ‘proud’ to show off gender confirmation surgery scars

Status
Not open for further replies.

brap

Banned
How can people let this be done to a teenager? Btw I Am Jazz is a fucking entertaining ass show. The brothers are totally gay for each other.

Transgender activist and reality star Jazz Jennings says she is “proud” to show off scars from her 2018 gender confirmation surgery and post-procedure complications.

When Jazz went through her initial surgery, doctors had to use a new technique because she started using hormones at such a young age, so she hadn’t developed enough tissue to construct a vagina.

“They’re using the tissue I have, the peritoneum, and also, they may take a skin graft as well. I say it’s going to be like a patchwork vagina, Franken-vagina,” she told ABC News. “So yeah, as long as it’s functional, that’s all that matters.”

Jazz was assigned a male gender at birth but felt she was a girl at age 2 and was diagnosed with gender dysphoria at 5. With her parents’ approval, she started using hormone blockers when she was 11, according to ABC News, and started taking estrogen when she was in high school.

Papa

Banned
Never would have. Jazz is annoying as fuck and selfish. Not attracted to her either.

The shirt says “feminism is not a dirty word”. Every damn time it comes back to this narcissistic cult.

The transgender obsession is a function of males being viewed as intrinsically toxic and abused by feminist mothers like an even more perverse form of Münchausen syndrome by proxy. Change my mind.

This is the girl from Transtastic Tales 1? I thought her starting hormone blockers so early made it impossible to do the surgery because there was not enough penis to invert?

brap

Banned
Damn I need to watch this, it's like watching a trainwreck, looks entertaining
Definitely is dude. Last season one twin brother got mad at the other because he got a gf and was spending less time with him. Dudes are gay as hell.

DMjVh33.jpg

This is the girl from Transtastic Tales 1? I thought her starting hormone blockers so early made it impossible to do the surgery because there was not enough penis to invert?
Fuck you for making me google that. And yeah thats her. They had to use skin for her ass and thighs to make the vagina because the hormones at an early age.

Yeah. I had to read the sentence 3 times to make sure I read the correct thing. Never heard of this Jazz show. It's just about her transitioning?
It's about her life with a big focus on that. She already transitioned so idk what the new season is gonna be about.

Malakhov

Banned
Definitely is dude. Last season one twin brother got mad at the other because he got a gf and was spending less time with him. Dudes are gay as hell.
Haha, I definitely need to watch this. As soon as I'm done with parks and recreation I'm binge watching this thing

brap

Banned
I'm thankful to hear she's happy. Things could have gone a lot worse for her.
I mean her vagina almost fell out and now she has huge scars on her thighs probably forever. She also got accepted to Harvard (lol she was homeschooled for like her last 2 years of high school) and had to defer. I feel bad for her.
“It’s also a place where I can feel that anxiety and depression to an even greater degree than I do now, because there’s so much going on all the time,” she continued. “You want to be involved in everything, but school’s stressful in and of itself. I’ll be studying for tests and exams and trying to be the best I can be. In high school, I always got straight As, because I put that pressure on myself.”

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
As far as I know, "sex reassignment surgery" is the most common term ever since Lili Elbe in 1930 and Christine Jorgensen in 1952.

Some of the newer titles may have come about by those who no longer approve of the term transsexual, which I am more than fine with.

...And for more info no one asked for, a growing trend is zero-depth or shallow-depth vaginoplasty. For those who have no desire for sexual intercourse or having to deal with a lifetime of painful dilation, many feel it's the way to go until better medical science becomes available, such as with stem cell organ growth.

Papa

Banned
As far as I know, "sex reassignment surgery" is the most common term ever since Lili Elbe in 1930 and Christine Jorgensen in 1952.

Some of the newer titles may have come about by those who no longer approve of the term transsexual, which I am more than fine with.

...And for more info no one asked for, a growing trend is zero-depth or shallow-depth vaginoplasty. For those who have no desire for sexual intercourse or having to deal with a lifetime of painful dilation, many feel it's the way to go until better medical science becomes available, such as with stem cell organ growth.

HEY BIGOT

They're confirming her gender by removing her sex organs not reassigning her sex lol. How would removing sex organs be reassigning sex? That's ridiculous. Gender is a social construct and sex is biological (but only when I say so), so clearly the removal of sex organs is just a confirmation of her chosen gender that she was actually born with.

Grinchy

Banned
“They’re using the tissue I have, the peritoneum, and also, they may take a skin graft as well. I say it’s going to be like a patchwork vagina, Franken-vagina,” she told ABC News. “So yeah, as long as it’s functional, that’s all that matters.”

I mean, it's obvious why I could never understand it, but I just don't think I can wrap my head around doing this instead of just keeping the penis. I understand how looking down and seeing it could be a problem, but these "vaginas" just seem like the ultimate wrong move.

Cattlyst

Wondering why they (the surgeons) would create such conspicuous scars. Do all (post op) trans women have scars like that? Surely they could do grafts from elsewhere on the body? Obviously I'm neither a surgeon nor trans so genuinely curious.

CAB_Life

The insidious way this nonsense radical ideology slipped in so greasily under the banner of LGB-acceptance deeply concerns and offends me. Gay people do not deny sex, nor seek to redefine it, we (like heterosexuals) are defined by it.

The pushback and fallout over the next decade when detransitioners become mainstream and lesbians with double-mastectomies and beards realize they’ve been subjected to Twitter-brainwashing and conversion therapy is going to be fucking horrific.

Ailynn

Faith - Hope - Love
Wondering why they (the surgeons) would create such conspicuous scars. Do all (post op) trans women have scars like that? Surely they could do grafts from elsewhere on the body? Obviously I'm neither a surgeon nor trans so genuinely curious.

It's actually the first I've ever heard of such scars, as well as the procedure she had. I'm assuming skin drafts had to be done because her early-life hormone therapy left very little to work with otherwise, as usually everything down there shrinks/atrophies throughout estrogenic hormone therapy.

Last edited:

McCheese

Looking at the facts behind this one, how she identified as female from such an early age and has been living as a girl/woman most of her life without any mental problems.

Good for her. Some folks are dealt shitty cards in life, glad she's happier now.

This really isn't the same as some 30 year old anime hermit wanting to wear a wig and be beautiful because they failed so miserably at life.

Last edited:

lock2k

Banned
My five year old plays with boy toys and loves to pretend she is Green Ranger. If I was retarded, I would probably be trying to turn her into a man by now. Thankfully we are normal people and she is just a nerdy tomboy.

Last edited:

Hinedorf

Banned
My wife watches this and it really bothers the shit out of me. This young woman has some fantastic supportive parents but anybody at this age has enough shit going on in their life that being on television just amplifies everything.

Could care less about what gender the person identifies with, just feels way too exploitative to a minor in any capacity.

Looking at the facts behind this one, how she identified as female from such an early age and has been living as a girl/woman most of her life without any mental problems.

Good for her. Some folks are dealt shitty cards in life, glad she's happier now.

This really isn't the same as some 30 year old anime hermit wanting to wear a wig and be beautiful because they failed so miserably at life.

This is the main reason I can never outright say early transitioning is never the right choice.

From all the research and data I've ever read, this is a real neurological condition some people are unfortunate enough to be born with, and altering the body to match the brain genuinely helps those afflicted with it. The earlier that process can be started, the more effective it is.

The problem is, that same data and research showed the vast majority, 80%+, of those with the symptoms no longer suffered from gender dismorphia once they'd been through puberty, so the options are either unnecessary hormone treatments and surgery for the majority, or a lack of adequate treatment for the minority.

There needs to be far more research and testing done, without poltical interference and accusations of transphobia, to be able to tell the two groups apart as early as possible, and tragically I just cannot see that happening in the current politcal climate.

Last edited:

Malakhov

Banned
This is the main reason I can never outright say early transitioning is never the right choice.

From all the research and data I've ever read, this is a real neurological condition some people are unfortunate enough to be born with, and altering the body to match the brain genuinely helps those afflicted with it. The earlier that process can be started, the more effective it is.

The problem is, that same data and research showed the vast majority, 80%+, of those with the symptoms no longer suffered from gender dismorphia once they'd been through puberty, so the options are either unnecessary hormone treatments and surgery for the majority, or a lack of adequate treatment for the minority.

There needs to be far more research and testing done, without poltical interference and accusations of transphobia, to be able to tell the two groups apart as early as possible, and tragically I just cannot see that happening in the current politcal climate.
Agree 100%. This child started hormones at 5? That's a crime, parents should be in court and lose child custody.

Sorry but a 5 years old has no clue about this stuff. They might feel more feminine and play with girls toys and prefer girl stuff but a sex change? My 5 years old son can't even watch a man and a woman kiss each other still. That is really fucked up.

Malakhov

Banned
Yeah she seems happy as a teenager good for her!

I mean there's no chance that in his late 20s he'll regret this and finds out he can't never get an orgasm or have a child on his own without going through some process. No chance of depression that will come out from this and that it could end very badly for anyone

😒

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom