• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

It's not the final one anyway, he'll either won't beat it or have more tech issues anyway!

Plus dlc.

Meh, dlc is bonus. I'd like to see him play other games too. He's been playing Souls for hundreds of hours. He started out with Black Mesa you know. (and maybe two test streams of LoL)

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

The time for streaming Dark Souls 2 is now. Please join me at twitch.tv/greenspeak for frivolity and fun times.

An-Det

Awesome job, Jeff. Through Nashandra he died 994 times, it was 700-ish for DS1 I think? Looking forward to him doing the dlc or whatever he decides to stream while we all wait for Bloodborne.

Hupsel

Nice job, Jeff! Such a nice guy haha I asked him to play Dota with Brad Shoemaker, would be fun to watch him play a Moba
smile.gif

UrbanRats

1000 (1001, to my count) deaths.
Incredible run it has been.

I was one of the doubters admittedly, but Jeff has proven me wrong multiple times, even though those roadblocks were indeed very tough for him.

2AdEPT

GReat ride...I should get a new capture card and give my old avermeida PCI-e card to Jeff so he can do Demon's souls....that card is ideal for console recording.....Demon's is classic, all bosses either epic or at least interesting..... wouldn't take him as long as its a much shorter game....what I would give to hear Jeff say "Umbasa" and Kill
Ostrava
at first meet etc. He probably could not figure out the world tendency though and chat would lose it arguing over whether or not/how to get him to shift it..

Jeff a cheap capture card only costs $100-150...there is also cheap (free) software from NVidia...does anyone know if it works for consoles?

Phinor

Yay, the stream happened so late (02-05 am) local time so I was hoping to rely on the archives. Except the archive file is broken. It's supposed to be 3 hours and 14 minutes, and it stops at around 1 hour 58 minutes. Few of the previous archive files have had issues too ie. the stream suddenly stops as if the file had ended but if you restarted and scrolled just past that point, it would keep going. But that's not an option this time around, the scroll bar ends at 1 hours 58 minutes and 28 seconds.

I assume everyone is seeing this? I wonder if it's fixable or if we lost that (apparently crucial, thanks twitch) part forever.

Totbjorn

Neo Member
Looks like the archived footage on twitch is broken. It reports the length as 3h 14m but it ends after less than 2 hours. And Jeff was still trying to beat Nashandra.
Does that mean that I'll never get to see the epic conclusion to Jeffs 200h journey!?!

Totbjorn

Neo Member
Thanks.
Weird the highlights lists 37a and 37b but the past broadcasts only have one that is called 37b but actually seems to be a.

The past broadcast is weird and is both split and not split, use the highlights (a+b) folks. I've also pressed upload on both parts so they should be coming up on youtube soon. Hopefully.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, part a just went live on youtube.

I missed the final stream live because of a dinner party... awful.

Finally caught up...

Congratulations, Jeff!!

King Jeff, what do you think about doing Resident Evil (REmaster) on PC?
(Assuming you've never played it.) A lot of these older style horror games have a lot in common with games like Demon's/Dark Souls, and they would make great games for streaming.

But my vote definitely goes to P.T. It's a very short, demo-like experience. You can 'beat it' in a couple hours or less. That'll give you some time to consider what next big game you want to be streaming.

I'm making suggestions here, but I agree with the guy who said he'd watch you if you streamed anything. So at the end of the day, do what you wanna do and your audience will still be here.

UrbanRats

I missed the final stream live because of a dinner party... awful.

Finally caught up...

Congratulations, Jeff!!

King Jeff, what do you think about doing Resident Evil (REmaster) on PC?
(Assuming you've never played it.) A lot of these older style horror games have a lot in common with games like Demon's/Dark Souls, and they would make great games for streaming.

But my vote definitely goes to P.T. It's a very short, demo-like experience. You can 'beat it' in a couple hours or less. That'll give you some time to consider what next big game you want to be streaming.

I'm making suggestions here, but I agree with the guy who said he'd watch you if you streamed anything. So at the end of the day, do what you wanna do and your audience will still be here.

Holy shit, that REmaster suggestion.. YES!

Bedlam

I loved Jeff's DS1 streams but I'm calling it here and now: Jeff Green will not finish DS2.

I'm still going to watch every stream of course until he gives up. :p

Here I am now, 9 months later, eating crow. I was one of the doubters but to be fair: I did blame the game not being good enough rather than Jeff not being persistent enough. ;)

Congratulations, Jeff! I watched every single episode and will continue to watch no matter what game you choose (I will skip the coming DLC streams though since I haven't played it myself yet).

How about streaming something more relaxing until Bloodborne arrives? Maybe finish Black Mesa? Btw: can I watch his old Black Mesa streams somewhere? They don't seem to be archived on the Greenspeak twitch channel.

tchocky

Btw: can I watch his old Black Mesa streams somewhere? They don't seem to be archived on the Greenspeak twitch channel.

They are not on his youtube channel either and a quick google search turned up nothing. Hopefully somebody downloaded them before they were deleted from twitch and can upload them again.

The past broadcast is weird and is both split and not split, use the highlights (a+b) folks. I've also pressed upload on both parts so they should be coming up on youtube soon. Hopefully.

EDIT: Speak of the devil, part a just went live on youtube.

A heads-up: Part b doesn't seem to have been uploaded properly. I can't find it anywhere on his Youtube channel.

Sande

WHen would this typically start? Any ideas?
On a weekday I'd say 4-6 hours from now but since it's Sunday it could be any minute.

I had to stop watching at the end of the previous stream because I don't want any DLC spoilers. So Jeff's (planning on) doing all the DLC after being kind of on the fence about it? Or did he talk about doing something else after PT?

UrbanRats

PT stream was fun, even if i had to catch up for half of it later.
I'll say though, the game's pacing clearly takes a nosedive after the running segment.

Also, the way Jeff casually missed some of my favorite set pieces was frustratingly classic.

Top Bottom