• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Green plays Dark Souls II - The real Black Dragon starts here

2AdEPT

Has he said anything if he'll play Demon's Souls (presumably before Bloodborne)?

He seemed to ponder it when I brought it up in chat, but it appears to be well known he has no capture card for for the consoles. PS4 has its own capture and send to twitch capabilities, but to my knowledge the PS3 does not so my guess is we wont see a PS3 title unless he gets a capture device or software. Since it is a tech heavy rigamarole to get started recording PS3 I am afraid it might not happen. Which indeed is too bad since it is the original and in many ways the best at certain things in the series. (Jeff if you are listening I strongly encourage you to play it for fun on your own if not stream it.)

The set-up I have totally allows for easy console recording, but it did take me a while to get around the HDCP which you have to do for PS3 still even though PS3 simply has an option to turn it off:

avermedia live gamer HD - I got the PCI -card which supposedly saves the PC from too much overload for PC recording, but for consoles it works REALLY well, i.e. zero lag and you can play and record at the same time, I actually played demon's on my 1440P monitor, the colour was better than on my TV....since the new detached 1080/60FPS one (u3) is out this one has gone down in price..should be able to get it for $150. This company is better for support recently (used to be terrible and despite alleging with X-split and giving you a free membership for 3 months it didnt work very well.) FU X-split! I dunno if Jeff is still with X-split or not.

powered dvi->hdmi converter - $60 on monoprice - this takes the hdmi message from the console, strips the HDCP and sound by converting to dvi, so then you get an hdmi video out free of hdcp and the sound is re-attached via an optical cable (which you have to configure in the PS3 settings menu) and all is good.

Totally optional is an hdmi multi-input..it was a cool $100, but now I switch my inputs from the ps3, ps4, and split feed from the PC,using a remote. I only have a single out to the TV now, and now only have to switch one or two cables if I want to record consoles and then PC back and forth instead of several.

Sushi Nao

Jeff is spot on about this hall in Undead Crypt before the boss gate imo

Really lazy room, seems like it was designed to just annoy people and waste their time. I ended up cheesing it with an upgraded bow, but that shouldn't be an expectation

One of the few spots that has infinitely respawning enemies, the witches for almost 1000 souls apiece. It's for grinding souls more than anything.

Haunted

PT stream was fun, even if i had to catch up for half of it later.
I'll say though, the game's pacing clearly takes a nosedive after the running segment.

Also, the way Jeff casually missed some of my favorite set pieces was frustratingly classic.
The way he basically completely missed the significance of meeting King Vendrick in the Undead Crypt was so frustrating. ;_;

One of the best gaming moments of 2014 and he just didn't understand.

UrbanRats

Watching this stream, i'm very much like "uh uh yeah, uhm, yeah... i know some of these words!"

Still, Jeff is doing a great job at explaining every move/card.

There should just be a Jeff Green mega thread instead of making a new one for each game or event/whatever he does. It's not like any of the threads will be bustling with posts, might as well consolidate.

Tevious

Jeff's Dark Souls 2 Boss To Do List:

• Belfry Gargoyles (Optional)
    How to get there:
    Lost Bastile 3rd Bonfire, down ladder to Belfry Luna.
  • Royal Rat Authority (Optional)
    How to get there:
    Doors of Pharros bonfire 2
  • Royal Rat Vanguard (Optional)
    How to get there:
    Down Majula well into the first entryway to Grave of Saints.
  • Vendrick (Optional)
    How to get there:
    Undead Crypt after Vestaldt
  • Ancient Dragon (Optional - Jeff chickened out on fighting this boss.)
    How to get there:
    Dragon Shrine.
  • Darklurker (Optional - This boss is too hard for Jeff! And he likely couldn't even get to her...)
    How to get there:
    Find the old man in a chair at Shaded Ruins, Black Gulch, and Drangleic Castle. Complete all 3 Dark Chasm of Old areas.

Crown of the Sunken King DLC (Jeff started this one)
  • Elana, Squalid Queen
  • Sinh, the Slumbering Dragon
  • Afflicted Graverobber, Ancient Soldier Varg, and Cerah the Old Explorer
    (Optional)

Crown of the Iron King DLC
  • (Blue) Smeltor Demon
    (Optional)
  • Fume Knight
  • Sir Alonne
    (Optional)

Crown of the Ivory King DLC
  • Aava, the King's Pet
  • Burnt Ivory King
  • Lud and Zallen, the King's Pets
    (Optional)

I really, really enjoyed Jeff's hearthstone stream, I very much hope he does more. It's like playing Hearthstone, but without all the anger and frustration I get out of the game.

JustinBB7

I really, really enjoyed Jeff's hearthstone stream, I very much hope he does more. It's like playing Hearthstone, but without all the anger and frustration I get out of the game.

Yea I liked it a lot too, hope he just streams it daily whenever he plays (and feels like it of course) fun to watch.

Haunted

Just don't post it in the official Hearthstone thread, most of the players there would flip out if they were to see Jeff's level of play. :lol

Even pros and semi-pros get ripped apart for a single mistake in there. >_>

Jeff Green @Greenspeak

Gonna start livestreaming Hearthstone soon, and hopefully the guy who challenged me to beat him for $50 will show up!

I invite someone more into Hearthstone to make an OT for this!

Sande

The latest stream is not really working for me. It keeps buffering every two minutes or so and just ends randomly.

Jeff's Dark Souls 2 Boss To Do List:

• Belfry Gargoyles
    How to get there:
    Lost Bastile 3rd Bonfire, down ladder to Belfry Luna.
  • Royal Rat Vanguard
    How to get there:
    Down Majula well into the first entryway to Grave of Saints.
  • Ancient Dragon (Jeff chickened out on fighting this boss.)
    How to get there:
    Dragon Shrine.
  • Darklurker (This boss is too hard for Jeff! And he likely couldn't even get to her...)
    How to get there:
    Find the old man in a chair at Shaded Ruins, Black Gulch, and Drangleic Castle. Complete all 3 Dark Chasm of Old areas.
And Vendrick in
Undead Crypt
Did he ever beat Royal Rat Authority? I just remember him struggling with it but not actually beating it.

OMG Aero

Darklurker would be a pretty good boss for Jeff to try and beat since there's a fair few unique areas before it with some encounters that would be fun to watch.
Someone would probably have to get summoned in and drop a ton of human effigies for him though.

Tevious

The latest stream is not really working for me. It keeps buffering every two minutes or so and just ends randomly.

And Vendrick in
Undead Crypt
Did he ever beat Royal Rat Authority? I just remember him struggling with it but not actually beating it.

Added Vendrick. I thought he beat RRA, but I'm not sure. I will try and confirm it.

Okay, he fought him in Part 19, then quit, came back in part 20, tried him once again and died, then moved onto Earthen Peak. So I guess he never did finish him.

Tevious

Sorry to quote myself but is this significant? I'm nearly there and don't want to have an abrupt stop if part b is long. Twitch never works for me.

Jeff if you see this and it is an oversight upload it please!

He said on twitter a few days ago that he was having trouble uploading the final episode (37b) on youtube. Looks like Twitch is your only avenue for now.

Did Twitch swallow part two of the Dark Souls II finale VOD?

Sorry to quote myself but is this significant? I'm nearly there and don't want to have an abrupt stop if part b is long. Twitch never works for me.

Jeff if you see this and it is an oversight upload it please!

It's going to happen. Working behind the scenes. Jeff needs to download the video I sent him of it and then upload. Direct upload from twitch to youtube is broken for that part.

An-Det

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Gonna livestream something soonish! But what? Dark Souls 2 DLC? More Hearthstone? Heroes of the Storm? What do The People want?

Zafir

Jeff Green
@Greenspeak
Gonna livestream something soonish! But what? Dark Souls 2 DLC? More Hearthstone? Heroes of the Storm? What do The People want?

I've been playing Heroes of the Storm quite a bit over the past few days, so wouldn't mind seeing that for a change.

That said, I'm easy.

Top Bottom