• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb Speculates: PS5 Pro releasing in September 2024 for $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

Draugoth

Gold Member
image-2023-10-18T105226.721-1044x587.jpg

• He says it will probably launch in September 2024
  • Doesn't know the exact specs, but Sony is (or was) choosing between multiple configurations
  • (Not sure if he is citing the leak here or backing up the original leak claim with his own confirmed information) He says it would support DLSS-like machine learning upscaling: “The big thing here, like the big feature that this system would support, is Sony’s own proprietary DLSS-like solution, where they use their own machine learning to improve images so they can run things at a really high resolution and really high frame rate, and they would include their own hardware in the PS5 Pro to do this."
  • Speculates $600

Source

Last edited:

tommib

Too cheap. I’m ready for the trade-in, Jim. Oh wait, who will my money go to after he leaves?

Hope they make things that make me wanna buy... Happily skipped PS4 pro back then...
Now I have more disposable income... I would pay for 60fps alongside Graphics that are for Quality modes...

skit_data

I somehow get the feeling everything he has to go on is stuff already discussed in the threads here and elsewhere. Seems like an odd timing to suddenly "have heard" things about both PS5 Pro and next Xbox at the same time pretty much everyone else does. No new info.

Last edited:

ProtoByte

Give me a built-in disc drive with all that, and I'm in day zero.

They definitely need a blowout of really impressive 1st & 3rd party games though.

Metnut

Why the fuck would anyone invest in that given how pitiful next gen has been so far.......I know a lot of you will,have fun,lol.

This has been one of the best years for gaming with great games continuously coming out. The first half of next year is loaded too. If you don’t like games, then why game as a hobby?

I’m in day 1. After trading in my base PS5, the upgrade is only a few hundo. Much better investment than thousands on a PC.

Last edited:
Gamestop is currently giving $330 USD trade in for PS5. I'm gonna take them up on it.
I've got so many other games on other systems, I will catch up when I can get my hands on their Pro model.

Sw0pDiller

i dont know, my PS5 still feels kinda great. mostly 1440p @ 60fps games, great loading times. FF16 could use a powerboost though in 60fps mode

Mowcno

I imagine they will price-cut the standard PS4 then? $499/$599 for PS5/PS5 Pro seems pretty close on price, to the point I think you'd be mad to get the standard PS5. PS4/PS4 Pro was $100 difference too but there's a big difference between $299/$399 and $499/$599 (one is 33% more expensive, the other is only 20% more expensive)

Last edited:
Why the fuck would anyone invest in that given how pitiful next gen has been so far.......I know a lot of you will,have fun,lol.
Day 1 for me.

Also, this makes no sense to me:
  • Doesn't know the exact specs, but Sony is (or was) choosing between multiple configurations
Aren't devs getting the devkits as we speak? That means specs have been finalized right?

Last edited:

onQ123

He doesn't know the price the devs don't need to know the price so that's not going to leak until closer to release unless internal documents leak

Tsaki

Oh yeah classic Grubb; throw the word 'speculate' in there, throw some nebulous "choosing between multiple configurations" and get the pulse of the forum chatter. If it's right: "Sources told me". If it's not: "I was just guessing".
The thing is he knows people will talk about what he says and he chooses to leave it vague on what it is he actually heard from people in the know and what others reported.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
£500 (and I'm adding here to compensate for the "Rip Off Britain" tax) don't seem realistic as the PS5 is already £479 here
I can see them screwing over the UK with a £550($700) price tag or more and keeping the US price at $600
But unless they do a proper conversion like they did with the PS3's price it's not gonna fly

$600 seem believable & reasonable from a US perspective but not for the rest of the world with how they do their prices
And that's if it's a big jump visually (not on paper) over the PS5.
And not like the PS4 Pro
if not I can see it being D.O.A
Wouldn't even hit 10m unit's in its life time

Last edited:

Zuzu

$600 would be the sweet spot. That should be enough money to make something significantly better without it being prohibitively expensive for customers.

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Finally.

They haven't done $600 since the PS3. Still buying it. If I can shell $1700 for a 4090...hell why not. Been waiting too long for this.

Those who say this gen has been poopy, I mean...You got a Spiderman, a Horizon, a God of War, a Gran Turismo, a Ratchet and Clank, a Demon Souls...like...what exactly are we looking for here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom