• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jeff Grubb Speculates: PS5 Pro releasing in September 2024 for $600

Status
Not open for further replies.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
Noone Cares GIF by Ryan The Creative
And yet, you cared enough to reply. Go figure.

Killer8

The DLSS-like hardware is both the most and least interesting feature. Most, because it's going to be a substantial image quality leap over FSR in the games that use it. If it can solve issues like TAA ghosting, like the recent DLSS iterations do, it's going to be great for games with fast movement like GT7. I can also see developers being able to run the games at even lower base resolutions and get away with it, depending on how good the upscale is. Coupled with the Pro naturally being more powerful, it should create a lot more games supporting high FPS. But it's also the least interesting feature, since so many games are already relying on image reconstruction anyway just to perform adequately. So it's not going to be the silver bullet for performance it once was.

DonF

$600 would be so sweet. I can get like $300 for my ps5 no problem.

Last edited:

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Something internal that can produce similar results to DLSS would be a game changer.
Most of their own first party games since the PS4 Pro have been using proprietary solutions with great results and they've been getting better and better each new game. So I can believe they'll have a much better solution than that FRS trash, since they already do now in their games.

MiguelItUp

I think I'll only do it if there's a reasonable PS5 -> Pro upgrade. $600 is a bit much for me considering I'm not on console/PS5 too often, and usually on PC.

Toots

Gold Member
will get it day one and still be pissed off because i'll have to wait another year to play GTAVI on it :messenger_grinning_sweat:

Iced Arcade

After the very minimal gains of the mid gen refreshes last Gen, I'm out. That and price outside of the U.S. will be hilarious.

Good for those enthusiast and to see what they do with the base models in terms of price drops and sales.

skit_data

These upscaling tech rumors seems to persist to some extent which is very interesting. Especially if its more like DLSS than FSR.

RCU005

They haven’t released ONE game this generation that looks better than a PS4 game remastered. They still have cross-gen games. What is the need for this machine? Only to have “better” 4K/60fps.

If this gets released it will be the biggest waste. Last gen was at least justified, this time is just a money grab for extremely hardcore people (even a smaller market than the one for PS4 Pro.

Shifty1897

Hot take but in a post inflation world you're never gonna see a Sony console at launch priced at less than $600 ever again.

Thirty7ven

Banned
I don’t play my PS5 enough to warrant an upgrade.

I can relate honestly, got a Series X recently and I’m already out of games I’m interested in. 6 months of Gamepass and all I needed was one month. So MS has less than 12 months to convince me to not trade my Series X and PS5 for a PS5 pro.

Generic

Bad news. The PS5 was released 3 years ago and still got no price drop. They should decrease its price to $400 and release the PS5 Pro for $500. Anything above that is unthinkable.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
I'm in, but I'm not sure I'll sell my PS5 this time around.

As a console collector, I regret as fuck selling my Vanilla Ice PS4 to get the PS4 Pro.

saintjules

Yeah, expecting $500-600. It won't be $700-800 like so many are speculating.

Definitely $600USD or even $649 I feel if they market it properly to let Consumers know that it's a "premium" product. I mean that damn Apple Vision Pro is $3499 and they had to market/brand it in a way to justify the price tag. Sony has to do well to present the Pro in a similar vein to justify these kinds of costs.

I continue to say that I don't believe it will be priced the same or lower than the PSVR2 hardware regardless of features, presentation, specs, etc. I mean, $7-800 are Michael Pachter numbers:

So still pressing "X" for doubt on it being $800. Especially if a next-gen Console is undoubtedly coming anyway. Imagine PS6 being at that same price point or even higher. Doesn't make sense for the Pro to be there.

Last edited:

Dorfdad

Gold Member
They better have some Stellar looking games to show in May. This gen still feels like Ps 4 pro pro…
The secret Sauce is the dlss if done correctly this may make it so developers do not need to do anything or very little to improve graphic fedilty and framerate for existing games! Maybe they added ps3/ps4 titles as well as a bonus must have feature?

I imagine this launches with Bloodborne Remaster 4k

Del_X

Reasonable price. I'm expecting an Xbox next for the same price in 2026, then an Xbox next "very good pro model" in 2029 after the PS6 drops in 2028. Source: I'm guessing.

Sleepwalker

I can relate honestly, got a Series X recently and I’m already out of games I’m interested in. 6 months of Gamepass and all I needed was one month. So MS has less than 12 months to convince me to not trade my Series X and PS5 for a PS5 pro.
Mine has been a paper weight for the better part of 3 years. Only reason im not selling it is because MS keeps discounting it lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom