• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennette McCurdy (iCarly) Dating Andre Drummond

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinite

Wasn't that movie awful? They're not "wrong" to cast that way - they're molding their product to its audience. (Much in the same way you get male protagonists in movies/games aimed primarily at a male audience.) The problem's cultural, and they're just businessmen responding to that culture.
Definitely a self fulfilling prophecy like most things of this nature

hey man, that's borderline racist. I'm sure there are plenty of white men that would want her after this.

I'm thinking he means that she will be harder to please, you know, sexually after this.

Black or white, a dude this size is going to be proportionally bigger than the average dude.

Acorn

Young? I was thinking small as fuck.

He must be tearing her in half.

jaOarMz.jpg

No because white male/black female isn't "controversial" among the majority audience.

I'm going to paraphrase someone I heard on the radio explain why he has problem with black men/white women but not white men/black women. He basically said at a base level women are the "property" of men and seeing men who were once slaves and lesser people with his women while he struggles to get one enrages him, while seeing a fellow white man tame a savage black woman doesn't bother him.

That's what it always goes back to for most of the people upset by such.

Personally I hope people who feel like that die alone, but that's me.
I want to punch someone..thanks!

Dereck

Sometimes I wonder why these threads are even on GAF, they're just joke fodder and dumb racial post bait threads at this point, not intentionally obviously.

LowerLevel

They cast a Latina actress specifically to avoid making the movie look like a "black" film (a la Tyler Perry) and to avoid having a white woman/black male relationship on screen.

http://www.today.com/id/7019342/ns/today-entertainment/t/was-race-issue-hitch-casting/#.Ui7yIz_3MZk

I always laughed at him seemingly to be consistent with repeatedly asking Aishwarya Rai to star with him. That could have been interesting...

http://www.bollywoodbuzz.in/aishwarya-rai-turns-down-will-smithagain/

I'm guessing some of you didn't hear about or don't remember the Cheerios interracial family commercial "controversy." Some sections of humanity take issue with crossing color lines, unfortunately.

Dereck

I think this is dope though, as I read it, what happened is that Andre posted on his Twitter that Jennette was his crush and then Jennette saw that and wanted to meet up with him. Then boom boom blow blow, criss cross apple sauce they're together now. And Jenette is older than him.

Awww, look at their hands! It's like a regular sized man hold an infants hand! If I was him, I'd have her squeeze my index finger on a regular basis.

Trey

Drummond so tall he has to look where he steps. Must suck have to walk alongside someone so much shorter than you. Timing each of your steps with her fifth one.

Effect

I think this is dope though, as I read it, what happened is that Andre posted on his Twitter that Jennette was his crush and then Jennette saw that and wanted to meet up with him. Then boom boom blow blow, criss cross apple sauce they're together now. And Jenette is older than him.

Nice. They're going to get a lot of hate in some circles on both sides (screw those people) but good on them. Honestly she was always my favorite on iCarly and why I would watch it when ever I caught it on.

Are those house shoes/slippers on Shaq's feet in that picture?

Ominym

Banned
It was a joke. Christ.

You post a blatantly wrong statement as fact, then when proven wrong, "it was a joke?" Right.

On topic: I had no idea this girl was on iCarly or whatever. I just remember seeing her pop up on Vine's popular section a few times now and again.

Gannd

Banned
Good luck finding a decent white man after this.

I hope you're being sarcastic.

Interracial couples is still a deal. My wife and I have had to put up with a lot of racist bullshit ever since we moved from the city into the suburbs (since we had our daughter) and it's horrible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom