• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence Is on the Cover of Vogue (US) x 4

lenovox1

For it's 125th anniversary, the editor of Vogue have commissioned four covers each featuring American actress Jennifer Lawrence.

06-jennifer-lawrence-vogue-september-cover-2017.jpg

(Annie Leibovitz)

07-jennifer-lawrence-vogue-september-cover-2017.jpg

(Bruce Webber)

09-jennifer-lawrence-vogue-september-cover-2017.jpg

(Inez and Vinoodh)

08-jennifer-lawrence-vogue-september-cover-2017.jpg

(John Currin)

Stars. They're just like us.

Accompanying the images is a full interview and making of video. In it, she talks a bit about her director boyfriend, Darren Aronofsky, Mother, Passengers, among other things. Choice quotes, provided by DListed:

She didn’t really say a whole lot about her boyfriend Darren Aronofsky the last time she spoke to a magazine about their relationship, but that was before they had a movie to sell. This time, JLaw has quite a bit more to say.

“We had energy,” Lawrence says, then adds drily: “I had energy for him. I don’t know how he felt about me.”

“When I saw the movie, I was reminded all over again how brilliant he is. For the past year, I’ve been dealing with him as just a human.” She praises Aronofsky as an “amazing father” and for his directness of purpose. “I’ve been in relationships before where I am just confused. And I’m never confused with him.”​

And Darren had something to say about how talented his girlfriend is. Try not to roll your eyes too hard.

“It’s such a raw, natural talent she has,” he continues, with a touch of wonderment. “I always kind of compare her to Michael Jordan.”​

While on set, the Michael Jordan of acting was given her own special room to unwind in. Although honestly, this sounds far more traumatizing than anything that could have happened during filming.

Wanting to protect Lawrence’s well-being amid that darkness, some of the Mother! crew assembled a “Kardashian tent” for the actress off set – a refuge where she could get away from the work and decompress with her chatty friends from reality TV. “It was a tent that had pictures of the Kardashians and Keeping Up with the Kardashians playing on a loop—and gumballs. My happy place.”​

Jennifer couldn’t really talk much more about Mother! too much, because it’s supposed to be all secretive and whatnot. But she did speak about her last big film, Passengers. Specifically the backlash it got for playing like a weird outer-space tale of intergalactic Stockholm syndrome.

“I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t spot it. I thought the script was beautiful – it was this tainted, complicated love story. It definitely wasn’t a failure. I’m not embarrassed by it by any means. There was just stuff that I wished I’d looked into deeper before jumping on.”​

(Via, DListed | Source, Vogue)

Darren Aronofsky said:
”It's such a raw, natural talent she has," he continues, with a touch of wonderment. ”I always kind of compare her to Michael Jordan."
where cryingjordan.gif and yeahokay.gif intersect

Wanting to protect Lawrence’s well-being amid that darkness, some of the Mother! crew assembled a “Kardashian tent” for the actress off set – a refuge where she could get away from the work and decompress with her chatty friends from reality TV. “It was a tent that had pictures of the Kardashians and Keeping Up with the Kardashians playing on a loop—and gumballs. My happy place.”

what

Eidan

"My movie is releasing soon. Remember me, I still exist. Now go watch my movie."

You're telling me the majority of actors go on late night talk shows, photo shoots, and cute "viral" videos...to promote whatever project they're working on? My god.

You're telling me the majority of actors go on late night talk shows, photo shoots, and cute "viral" videos...to promote whatever project they're working on? My god.

I am, dare I say it, shocked and appalled by this heinous allegation!!!!!!

8byte

Banned
Man, sometimes GAF is super disappointing. Like, I get it you don't like her, but the vitriol is so absolutely embarrassing.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
In the second one, it kind of looks like she has tiny T-Rex arms.

AlexBasch

I find some of them being far more likeable when they do that rather than other actors, yeah. :p

Not that I have an absolute hate driving force towards Jennifer Lawrence, but her whole "lol im so clumsy" deal got old really fast, IMO.

Kayhan

Darren had something to say about how talented his girlfriend is. Try not to roll your eyes too hard.
”It's such a raw, natural talent she has," he continues, with a touch of wonderment. ”I always kind of compare her to Michael Jordan."

Translation: She is hot and I want to sleep with her for a while yet.

I am sure they will be together 5 years from now.

HMD

Is she still that big of a deal to use in such an important cover for the magazine? At least they didn't go for Kylie Jenner.

Top Bottom