• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jennifer Lawrence Is on the Cover of Vogue (US) x 4

SilentRob

Jennifer couldn’t really talk much more about Mother! too much, because it’s supposed to be all secretive and whatnot. But she did speak about her last big film, Passengers. Specifically the backlash it got for playing like a weird outer-space tale of intergalactic Stockholm syndrome.
“I’m disappointed in myself that I didn’t spot it. I thought the script was beautiful – it was this tainted, complicated love story. It definitely wasn’t a failure. I’m not embarrassed by it by any means. There was just stuff that I wished I’d looked into deeper before jumping on.”

Hey, you know what? Goon on her! Often people will defend whatever they've been in, no matter what. Good of her to recognize the criticism.

Toa TAK

Banned
A lot of people here like the second, but I can't get into it. It just sorta.. blurs together for me. It's hard for any of it to really stand out.

But I'm not a photographer or an artist by any means, so it's probably just over my head.

they photoshopped out her best asset

I'm honestly having trouble thinking of what you're talking about. Ah well.

so-hot.gif

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
"the Michael Jordan of acting" made me laugh

As someone who is of the opinion she's been kicking her career along half-heartedly since hitting it big with The Hunger Games, I'd say the comparison is actually kindasorta apt if you interpret the phrase as a reference to Jordan the basketball player versus Jordan the baseball player.

Edit: Err, had a brain fart there. Fixed.

Oersted

For a 125th anniversary cover I would have picked someone with a more impressive body of work and not someone who is busy promoting a current movie. Not against Lawrence, she is simply not there yet. But then again, they do this probably every 5 years and last one was Lady Gaga.

I don't know what the fuck that last one is supposed to be, but the rest look great.

Alien queen

BlueTsunami

there is joy in sucking dick
The tones, and comp in the first one is definitely stunning but the second makes a case for a simple photo being just as compelling, if not more so. Certainly more sincere, and emotionally expressive.

Kin5290

Huh, didn't know they were actually dating. Makes a lot of sense though.

Hollywood being Hollywood he is 22 years older than she is. Jesus.

As someone who is of the opinion she's been kicking her career along half-heartedly since Winter's Bone and hitting it big with The Hunger Games, I'd say the comparison is actually kindasorta apt if you interpret the phrase as a reference to Jordan the basketball player versus Jordan the baseball player.

Yes, I'm sure that's what Arronofsky was going for in that comparison as well.

Raptomex

I have no idea what's going on or what the consensus on JLaw is based on this thread. I think she's a pretty good actress from what I've seen. These are definitely pictures of JLaw on covers. That's what I take away from this.

Top Bottom