• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jet Set Radio HD Trailer

Miller Ball Breakers was part of the original OST, as were all the Deavid Soul tracks.
Those must stay.
Personally, MBB is my absolute favorite.

beat

Yeah, didn't the US version have a special NYC stage?

I remember fondly that as I left the controller alone, each of the characters would start dancing on their own. But it's the amalgamation of the look to the sound that makes it so damn memorable...such a damn good soundtrack.
A stage loosely based on Times Square and another one based on, I dunno, Chicago? Queens? Somewhere urban and American, but with an elevated train.

Miller Ball Breakers was part of the original OST, as were all the Deavid Soul tracks.
Those must stay.
Personally, MBB is my absolute favorite.

Mine too, but Recipe was my second one. :(

EDIT: regarding MBB.

Guys, search for VA - Jet Set Radio The Complete Soundtrack - 2CD (2000) [FLAC].

Took me a while to download but it was worth it! 17 great songs including Miller Ball Breakers. FLAC > 320 kbps MP3.

Meicyn

Gold Member
Er... no they aren't. I own the OST, and they definitely are not part of it. That's what led me to seek out and eventually obtain a copy of Sparkling Music many years ago. The same goes for the Guitar Vader songs... they aren't on the OST, and I had to look for a separate CD to get those tracks as well.

Speaking of those songs, the full, unedited versions of those songs are available on my website since the CDs are long out of print.

salromano

Three new screens came out today:

jet-set-radio_2012_0317yck.jpg

jet-set-radio_2012_03tpyqz.jpg

jet-set-radio_2012_03bfzcg.jpg

UrbanRats

Let's all buy JSR. It should help the chances for JSRF.
JSRF is SEGA or Microsoft, though?
Er... no they aren't. I own the OST, and they definitely are not part of it. That's what led me to seek out and eventually obtain a copy of Sparkling Music many years ago. The same goes for the Guitar Vader songs... they aren't on the OST, and I had to look for a separate CD to get those tracks as well.

Speaking of those songs, the full, unedited versions of those songs are available on my website since the CDs are long out of print.
I was going by wikipedia on this and they list it as in the game.
I don't really care, as i said, i'll get it PC and will find a way to have them in, somehow.
But can it be that it was in the game but not in the OST disc?

EDIT: No wait, Guitar Vader can't not be in :mad:.

Hmm. I see.
Checking around online, the printed OSTs for both JSR and JSRF only have the Naganuma tracks on them.
Though, if the music in game is based on the JP game track availability, it shouldn't be cause for concern.

Meicyn

Gold Member
But can it be that it was in the game but not in the OST disc?

EDIT: No wait, Guitar Vader can't not be in :mad:.
Yeah, it's a case of me misinterpreting what was being said. When I read "OST", I'm thinking music CDs and not the soundtrack as featured in the game.

Ignore my previous post.

We also confirmed Jet Set Radio for PSN and XBLA will have the extra levels added to the North America version – Batam Street and Grind Square. However, the music from Jurassic 5 and Rob Zombie may not be in the game. A Sega representative explained to Siliconera, right now they have 70% of the music from the Dreamcast game confirmed for this version. Songs from B.B. Rights, Guitar Vader, and Hideki Naganuma will be in this version of Jet Set Radio. Sega is trying to track down rights for other songs, some of which have changed hands over the last decade.

http://www.siliconera.com/2012/03/13/jet-set-radio-is-pretty-in-hd-but-might-not-sound-the-same/

The absence of Jurassic 5 and Rob Zombie music honestly wouldn't matter to me as long as they get all the more unique lesser known stuff in there that I associate with the game.

On the same note, they need to do a real HD version of Crazy Taxi and they need to get all the Offspring music back. The half assed PC port that is on the PSN right now is an embarrassment.

On the same note, they need to do a real HD version of Crazy Taxi and they need to get all the Offspring music back. The half assed PC port that is on the PSN right now is an embarrassment.

Agreed, but I don't see it ever happening. They released the version they did, and I don't see why they'd think it necessary to go back and re-do it now.

That game just isn't the same without the original voices and music.

EYEL1NER

So from the new article, it seems like the graffiti swapping from SegaNet won't be there.
But the way it is worded makes me think the graffiti creation will still be there. Or it seems that way to me. So maybe I'll be able to recreate some tags incorporating the initials of the girls I would crush on in high school, like the creeper I used to be.

SykoTech

Yeah really, for all the people that bitch about LittleBigPlanet, just wait until they play Jet Set Radio!

Both of those are some of the best games out there.

Maybe I should hunt down some other games that caused people to whine about "floatiness". They're probably awesome.

beat

As long as we're dreaming, they also need to re-tune the controls. Playing it on a 360, the crazy dash/crazy drifts feel off by a fair bit.

FLEABttn

Banned
There's a really good mix in the game that starts out as Miller Ball Breakers and transitions to Toronto's Electric Toothbrush, so, hope that's in the game. I've an MP3 of it with some corruption at the end because of how it was sent around the internet.

Meicyn

Gold Member
There's a really good mix in the game that starts out as Miller Ball Breakers and transitions to Toronto's Electric Toothbrush, so, hope that's in the game.
That was one of the things I really liked about Jet Grind Radio versus Jet Set Radio Future. The transitions between songs were handled phenomenally by Naganuma in Grind. Future just didn't have the same amount of care, at least in terms of sound.

Tain

Yeah really, for all the people that bitch about LittleBigPlanet, just wait until they play Jet Set Radio! It's necessary though; you need the precision that floaty jumping affords in order to nail those difficult jumps and rail grinds.

Kinda doubting these are the same people!

That was one of the things I really liked about Jet Grind Radio versus Jet Set Radio Future. The transitions between songs were handled phenomenally by Naganuma in Grind. Future just didn't have the same amount of care, at least in terms of sound.

Yep. Even the transitions from something like Everybody Jump Around into Improvise made me take notice on how well done the OST is in the game. Hell, even Dragula and the other rock tune had nice transitions really.

3rdman

Yep. Even the transitions from something like Everybody Jump Around into Improvise made me take notice on how well done the OST is in the game. Hell, even Dragula and the other rock tune had nice transitions really.

On the OST, the best track is the Jet Set Medley...Great mix.

Top Bottom