• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan lost the Mandate of Heaven and must be removed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's not about being different - it's about being smart (by being less greedy).

What you are basically saying is that if Nintendo and MS were selling their consoles' gamepads for 50$ and Sony sold the PS5's for 150$, we should be all like, 'either buy it or shut the fuck up, Sony doesn't owe you anything'. Yeah, no shit.
03_withnotice.jpg
That would be music to my ears. 550$ PS5 Digital with a DualsenseVR controllers packed in.
E-YnAteWQAEA_G8

Banjo64

cumsessed
Nah, I’m not a defender nor an attacker. I just don’t see a problem with Jimbo so far. He is doing fine overall (with some exceptions).

He is trying to make some profit for the company and that is ok. He is leading the brand, it’s a very difficult job. One bad decision can hurt the profits and the sustainability of the PlayStation brand.

From my perspective I see that console sales go very well, games are selling very well and Exclusive game output is also good. So what’s the problem? Why he should be replaced?
I agree that it’s extreme to compare him to Matrick and the Xbox One launch. Sony will do fine this gen.

I do however think that Ryan is a suit, and unlike Spencer he can’t hide the fact. His interviews make me cringe out of my head. The bottom line will be fine, but he doesn’t seem to grasp that for every £10 milked for a next gen update there might be serious long term ramifications in terms of good will.

It’s undeniable that House, Shu and Tretton had some swagger during the PS4 years.

kyoji

I agree that it’s extreme to compare him to Matrick and the Xbox One launch. Sony will do fine this gen.

I do however think that Ryan is a suit, and unlike Spencer he can’t hide the fact. His interviews make me cringe out of my head. The bottom line will be fine, but he doesn’t seem to grasp that for every £10 milked for a next gen update there might be serious long term ramifications in terms of good will.

It’s undeniable that House, Shu and Tretton had some swagger during the PS4 years.
Jim aint perfect but id far far much rather him than phil spencer or matrick, jim been putting out a steady flow of good games and content since november 2020. Phil is a tell you about it pr piece and so is Greenberg. The xbox 2020 launch and the 7 or 8months and counting is proof of that. Phil, Greenberg, Don.. are talkers, Jim let's games do that for him.

KAL2006

Banned
Honestly he does. I know he did well to make PlayStation a success in europe. But that success is based on marketing, all the games were not down to him. And to be honest we had a ton of shitty PAL conversions and late releases back then.

My feelings remains the same, every month this devil gives more reason to want him down.

Playstaters really like this "focus" on porting to PC and remakes?
He refuses to improve backwards compatibility, instead he buys studios to port old games to PC. Ok, he can make an extra money with this, but how is this money being invested? Remaking old games to charge us again, in this last case spending millions and hundreds of developers working for months that could be instead creating new games, new, smaller fun games.

I'm starting to desire to see Microsoft hoarding studios to pay off starting new year.
It's all about the games, right?

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
My feelings remains the same, every month this devil gives more reason to want him down.

Playstaters really like this "focus" on porting to PC and remakes?
He refuses to improve backwards compatibility, instead he buys studios to port old games to PC. Ok, he can make an extra money with this, but how is this money being invested? Remaking old games to charge us again, in this last case spending millions and hundreds of developers working for months that could be instead creating new games, new, smaller fun games.

I'm starting to desire to see Microsoft hoarding studios to pay off starting new year.
It's all about the games, right?
Given how profitable the PS division is (record profits), and the fact they arent exactly pumping out tons of new games like the PS3 days where they had lots of first party games (love them or hate them) coming out, Sony is more about banking the profits. The company is in the best financial situation in probably 20 years where the profit driver is gaming.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Given how profitable the PS division is (record profits), and the fact they arent exactly pumping out tons of new games like the PS3 days where they had lots of first party games (love them or hate them) coming out, Sony is more about banking the profits. The company is in the best financial situation in probably 20 years where the profit driver is gaming.

They may not be "pumping out tons of new games" but Sony are way, way, more productive than their console rivals,.

yurinka

Someone end that fucker already, please?
I can't take this anymore, seriously.
Every news is terrible.
Which ones?
The ones they are perfoming better than ever, with the temporal exception of hardware sales due to chips shortage?
The ones about them growing their game studios and working on more games than ever and planning to make more games for console, PC and mobile than before?
The ones of them working on both in more multiplayer/Gaas but also in more single player traditional games?
The ones of them working on more new IPs but also in more sequels?
The ones of them making more movies and tv shows of their games?
The ones of MS and Nintendo delaying their big 2022 games to next year but GoWR not being delayed to 2023?
The ones of their game subs getting a big improvement?
The ones of their console getting record demand and engagement numbers?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom