• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jim Ryan lost the Mandate of Heaven and must be removed ASAP!

Status
Not open for further replies.
JIIIIM!

fJyFncT.jpg

Last edited:
We got Nixxies instead of Bluepoint, the gall of this man...
And no, we can't blame everything on "evil eunuchs" (Hulst) influence, the king really wants to burn the heavenly palace to the ground.

Last edited:

yurinka

And no, we can't blame everything on "evil eunuchs" (Hulst) influence, the king really wants to burn the heavenly palace to the ground.
Buying Nixxies means Naughty Dog, Santa Monica, Insomniac, Bend, Guerrilla, Media Molecule, Polyphony, Asobi and so on will be able to focuse on making new games and to don't waste time porting their games to PC, and that these PC ports will be better. There's nothing wrong on buying them.

And Nixxies doesn't make remakes, they just port stuff. So it's compatible with buying Bluepoint too.

Last edited:

Dick Jones

Gold Member

Bryank75

Banned

Jigsaah

Gold Member

fTCCwOe.png

:messenger_clapping:
Wait what?

You gotta buy a more expensive edition to play on both systems? This game is definitely going to be $70 too right? How much it the Digital Deluxe edition?

Edit: here's what else you get

51418592982_0b2e494f65_h.jpg

Last edited:

Nickolaidas

I get the reasoning behing the 10$ upgrade, but it still looks like a dick move compared to what MS is doing with X Series X and PC for a lifetime.

Don't really care, personally - I only order PS5 versions for the games I wish to play, despite not having one yet.

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Only Sony fanboys can't see the tide turning on Playstation this generation. They are making all the wrong moves, aside from putting out great games - which will get you far, but only for so long.

Seems this forum is starting to catch on though. I'm catching much less flak for pointing this out then around a year ago.

Playstation has the best exclusives and I definitely buying a PS5 once a slim model is out, but I call it like I see it.

Now add a laugh emoji if you agree. :)

Last edited:

The_Mike

I cry about SonyGaf from my chair in Redmond, WA
Only Sony fanboys can't see the tide turning on Playstation this generation. They are making all the wrong moves, aside from putting out great games - which will get you far, but only for so long.
Where do you see that? There's still plenty of people defending this and "don't care as the get games that can only be played in their walled garden"

Sony still dictates the rules by the end of the day, and nothing seems to change that.

Seems this forum is starting to catch on though. I'm catching much less flak for pointing this out then around a year ago.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity

iHaunter

Everyone crying that Sony does not do PC ports, when they get a company to do so, people keep crying. It never ends.

I get the reasoning behing the 10$ upgrade, but it still looks like a dick move compared to what MS is doing with X Series X and PC for a lifetime.

Don't really care, personally - I only order PS5 versions for the games I wish to play, despite not having one yet.

Then everyone would just buy the PS4 version and upgrade for it free no? As it's $60? Myself included.

Last edited:

Rivet

They are making all the wrong moves, aside from putting out great games - which will get you far, but only for so long.

On a game console, making great games is a big part of what matters though. I'd say it will get them as far as they want.

Nickolaidas

Then everyone would just buy the PS4 version and upgrade for it free no? As it's $60? Myself included.
Yes, which is why I said I 'get' the reasoning. But it's still a dick move, considering the fact Sony is trying to cement the notion that every time you buy a better Sony console, you'll have to pay a fee in order to enjoy Sony exclusives taking full advantage of the new hardware.

People are comparing this to PC where every time you upgrade your system all your games take advantage of the new hardware 'for free'.

And what's stopping Sony from starting to do this for even less work? 'Here. A 60 fps patch for Bloodborne (what they did with Zero Dawn). That'll be five bucks, please.'

Men_in_Boxes

Snake Oil Salesman
How many ways can a single hair be split?

Alternatively, how the hell is the tide turning when its coming in higher than ever before?

It's not splitting hairs. The meanings are entirely different.

"The tide is turning" suggests slow, massive change that's almost imperceptible if you don't look closely. Many would argue that based on enthusiast sites like NeoGAF, the perception of XBox and GamePass has improved drastically over the last 3 years. It doesn't take a PhD to think that trend will only continue as MS begins to release its first batch of AAA games over the next few months.

One can view GamePass optimistically while also recognizing the PS5s success.

Flutta

Banned
Why did this old ass thread get bumped? over a 10$ upgrade? 🤣🤣🤣

Sony is a company not a charity organization 🤦🏼.
The announcement of a PS showcase was just too much for some of you haters out there i guess.

MrS

Banned
Optics aren't great on this Horizon shit. MS doing victory laps right now in terms of how it does this stuff. Glad I bought Series X.

Nickolaidas

Why did this old ass thread get bumped? over a 10$ upgrade? 🤣🤣🤣

Sony is a company not a charity organization 🤦🏼.
The announcement of a PS showcase was just too much for some of you haters out there i guess.
If you try to see past your favorite plastic box, you may get a glimpse of what the competition is doing, which basically tells you 'buy the game once and all next-gen patches are completely free'.

It's bad enough that Sony doesn't seem to have a viable strategy against MicroSoft's aggressive Game 'all you can eat' Pass buffet and charge you 70$ per game, now they charge you for glorified patches as well?

This is a bad look, no matter how you slice it.

Last edited:

NickFire

It's not splitting hairs. The meanings are entirely different.

"The tide is turning" suggests slow, massive change that's almost imperceptible if you don't look closely. Many would argue that based on enthusiast sites like NeoGAF, the perception of XBox and GamePass has improved drastically over the last 3 years. It doesn't take a PhD to think that trend will only continue as MS begins to release its first batch of AAA games over the next few months.

One can view GamePass optimistically while also recognizing the PS5s success.
Everyone on the beach can see the tides turn fairly rapidly. Anyway, I'm not sure how gamepass came into the mix on this conversation.

Flutta

Banned
If you try to see past your favorite plastic box, you may get a glimpse of what the competition is doing, which basically tells you 'buy the game once and all next-gen patches are completely free'.

It's bad enough that Sony doesn't seem to have a viable strategy against MicroSoft's aggressive Game 'all you can eat' Pass buffet and charge you 70$ per game, now they charge you for glorified patches as well?

This is a bad look, no matter how you slice it.

Eh i game on PC, PS5, Switch, recently bought a SNES classic, all fun plastic boxes i might say.

If you don’t like what they offer go with Xbox. Simple as that. No need to act like Sony or any other company ows you something. All of them wants your money one way or the other. You think MS is no different? Pls spare me...
Or better yet do as i do buy games when they’re cheaper. Vote with your wallet if 10$ is too much for you.

Nickolaidas

You think MS is no different? Pls spare me...
It's not about being different - it's about being smart (by being less greedy).

What you are basically saying is that if Nintendo and MS were selling their consoles' gamepads for 50$ and Sony sold the PS5's for 150$, we should be all like, 'either buy it or shut the fuck up, Sony doesn't owe you anything'. Yeah, no shit.

We're criticizing Sony's business strategies and the chances it'll blow up in their face, not whether or not those companies are our 'friends'.

Last edited:
The Japanese are using Cellphones and the Switch to get their games. May as well make games for the West. I game on a PC, so the more they release in that space, the better.

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
Where do you see that? There's still plenty of people defending this and "don't care as the get games that can only be played in their walled garden"

Sony still dictates the rules by the end of the day, and nothing seems to change that.

If You Say So Reaction GIF by Identity
Well yeah, there will always be defenders. Especially around here. But tides change generation by generation. You'd be laughed at for calling Xbox out during the 360 era as well, but a few poor decisions at their Xbox one launch, as well as Sony starting to pump out great games, completely turned the tables. It happens. And you can see Sony making all the tone-deaf choices that these companies always seem to make before their time to shine is up.

Add a laugh emoji if you agree ;)

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
On a game console, making great games is a big part of what matters though. I'd say it will get them as far as they want.
It is a big part, I agree. I disagree that it will get them as far as they want. Releasing great games isn't the only thing that matters, especially if you're not the only one releasing great games. Which they have been for a while now. But it won't be the case for long, right? I think it'd be silly to deny that. Soon both companies will be making great games, and one will also be giving consumers a great value, and frankly, more respect in consumer relations, when it comes to transparency. Unless Sony turns that around, of course.

I'm probably going to come off as a Sony hater now, but for context, Death Stranding and Spider-Man are my favorite games from last generation. I love aspects of what they're doing. For anyone who thinks that everything is a console war: it's not. Sometimes you just want to call a company out when they're making a lot of moves you disagree with.

Laugh emoji if you agree ;)

Last edited:

SafeOrAlone

Banned
I'm shocked you would use the word fanboys while suggesting the fastest selling console in world history isn't doing so hot.
I didn't suggest it's not doing so hot. Of course it is. But that is off the backbone of the previous generation.

It's like how Spider-Man 3 (Sam Raimi) made way more money than Spider-Man 2. Spider-Man 2 was way better, and Spider-Man 3 rode that success to make even more money.
Then Amazing Spider-Man came around and no one went to see it. Why? Spider-Man 3 soured them on the character.

You could apply this to almost anything, but I'm looking forward to No Way Home and want to talk about Spider-Man.

Edit: Shit, sorry for the triple post, everyone. That was thoughtless.

Last edited:

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes

Playstation has the best exclusives and I definitely buying a PS5 once a slim model is out, but I call it like I see it.

Now add a laugh emoji if you agree. :)
I feel the same way. I am not even outraged by the new Horizon surcharge but the rest of the forum has had enough it seems.

At this point, nothing Sony will do surprises me. I see that the Uncharted collection is getting ready to be released on PC while the PS4 games are still 30 fps on the PS5. And the PS3 collection is still 1080p. Wasnt even updated for the PS4 Pro, let alone PS5. So yeah, its like nothing these folks do surprises me. They arent even complacent Sony or arrogant Sony. They are greedy, capitalistic, bain capital fuck your consumer kind of company now, and seeing as how successful and profitable they are doing so, there is nothing we can really do.

So I just try not to take this shit too seriously. I shrug my shoulders when they do shit like this and move on with my day. The Sony that we grew up with is long gone. All those original guys save for Shu are gone. Kaz Hirai, Shawn Layden, Andrew House, Ken Kutaragi, Jack Tretton. All gone. They used to care about pushing innovation and technology and would go all out trying to show off their new fancy hardware. Even the disastrous cell had good intentions. Now it's all about the bottomline and reaching mass audiences by holding back games and developers. Companies that do this are always successful. See Ubisoft, EA, Microsoft and Nintendo. This is simply the current state of the industry and its only going to get worse.

We all have to get used to it.

"We PROMISED but we are BREAKING OUR PROMISE, pay us more suckers"

JIIIIM!

fJyFncT.jpg

Last edited:
I have a feeling after the PlayStation Experience we would all wish for Jim to bless us with his seed so that his reign can last for generations.
I hope... lol

DavidGzz

So when Sony raises games to $80, are we going to have to play the extra $10 to unlock our BC PS5 games to play them on PS6? Only time will tell. 😀 Who am I kidding, we're going to be buying the remaster for $80.

Last edited:

Barakov

"We PROMISED but we are BREAKING OUR PROMISE, pay us more suckers"

JIIIIM!

fJyFncT.jpg
iu

BootsLoader

Banned
This idea is probably being discussed on other topics already but I want to focus here, because I had to put this out and record a prediction.

Jim-Ryan-PS5.jpg

This man is putting Dom Mattrick to shame, remember him?
How can a person be so fucking wrong? The Playstation always strived and blossomed by it's variety, the mix of East and West, combining Nintendo and Microsoft strengths. But then the PS4 happens, it's a huge success, the western studios shine and this imbecile thinks, "oh, this is our strong point, lets put all our chips in this!" and goes off killing everything else. What he is doing with Sony Japan is a capital sin, the focus on big AAA "western-style" games is a mistake, no one can "survive" playing just games like that. And now destroying the online store... instead of taking advantage of the celebrated Playstation catalog and making a lot of money at least to compensate from getting rid of the eastern studios, no, he wants to erase that past! Is he insane?! How can anyone even think about that? It's his answer to the backwards compatibility? Getting rid of the older games?

The way I'm seeing things going I'm willing to bet that this generation will become one of the biggest and most spectacular downfall stories of our time.
Nintendo's momentum will not stop, Microsoft can only grow and they are actually putting the effort to make this happen.
Sony is doing nothing besides trying to kill itself.

For a "sony fanboy" like me will be sad to see, but it'll be deserved.
Said a gaf member……
If I remember correctly Mattrick destroyed Xbox, it wasn’t selling well etc. As far as console sales go and also game sales go PS5 is dominating the market so don’t compare Jimbo to Mattrick.
Also I think they recently announced that they are building a new Japan studio (correct me if I am mistaken).

BootsLoader

Banned
So when Sony raises games to $80, are we going to have to play the extra $10 to unlock our BC PS5 games to play them on PS6? Only time will tell. 😀 Who am I kidding, we're going to be buying the remaster for $80.
For over pricey remasters you can ask Nintendo bois. They know a thing or two.

Kagey K

Banned
Said a gaf member……
If I remember correctly Mattrick destroyed Xbox, it wasn’t selling well etc. As far as console sales go and also game sales go PS5 is dominating the market so don’t compare Jimbo to Mattrick.
Also I think they recently announced that they are building a new Japan studio (correct me if I am mistaken).
It really only takes one, and it doesn't have to happen overnight.

But go ahead, keep defending the decisions you don't like and see how that works out for you.

BootsLoader

Banned
It really only takes one, and it doesn't have to happen overnight.

But go ahead, keep defending the decisions you don't like and see how that works out for you.
Nah, I’m not a defender nor an attacker. I just don’t see a problem with Jimbo so far. He is doing fine overall (with some exceptions).

He is trying to make some profit for the company and that is ok. He is leading the brand, it’s a very difficult job. One bad decision can hurt the profits and the sustainability of the PlayStation brand.

From my perspective I see that console sales go very well, games are selling very well and Exclusive game output is also good. So what’s the problem? Why he should be replaced?

Kagey K

Banned
Nah, I’m not a defender nor an attacker. I just don’t see a problem with Jimbo so far. He is doing fine overall (with some exceptions).

He is trying to make some profit for the company and that is ok. He is leading the brand, it’s a very difficult job. One bad decision can hurt the profits and the sustainability of the PlayStation brand.

From my perspective I see that console sales go very well, games are selling very well and Exclusive game output is also good. So what’s the problem? Why he should be replaced?
None, I think he's great. He should stay in for the next 20 years or so

I don't think I've ever said otherwise

Hw is literally my favorite Sony executive yet (no lie)

Last edited:

Tschumi

Looks at a year in which a fraction of the games showcased for release on ps5 have been released, and nothing's been released for ps4, in which the latest sony game showcase is mere days away...

Thinks it indicates some conscious effort on the part of a single man to undermine a console brand...

Expects realists to have time for his take.

:/
Clog Season 3 GIF by The Simpsons

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom