• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimquisition: Weapon Durability, Fanbase Fragility (Mar. 13th, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

L~A

The first portion of this video is some performative yelling about weapon durability, specifically in The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild.

The second portion is about something less durable than any weapon in any game - the psyches of Zelda's most viciously defensive fans.

Link to the video!

Clefargle

f8325fa191d493e3fdaca02c4890d560.gif

Prepare yourselves

Cess007

Damn, that video title lol

Will watch it on my work break, but I expect some people here taking offense on the title instead of reflect on it

Tizoc

Speaking of weapon durability, anyone remember what it was like in koudelka?
Let it die's weapon durability isnt a major concern sinc u can upgrade fists so melees deal decemt damage

The circle of internet trolling. Trolls gonna troll, dudes react to trolls, trolls troll, dudes feed trolls, trolls troll, over and over again.

Not saying Jim is wrong, but he doesn't help the situation.

Saw this coming a mile away.
Kind of getting boring hearing Jim predictably yell about the same shit over and over. It doesn't help that I haven't heard a single rational arguement against weapon durability, so there will probably be nothing for me this episode. Oh well. I'm still going to support him.

BitStyle

Unconfirmed Member
I don't mind the weapon durability, but I feel they should have increased durability across the board so my items wouldn't break in 7-10 swings.

It led me to investing pretty much all my korok seeds in weapon slots

Mr Cola

Brothas With Attitude / The Wrong Brotha to Fuck Wit / Die Brotha Die / Brothas in Paris
I agree, weapon durability is a real bug bare of mine in RPG's

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
I wonder if this thread will get locked like the last one. FWIW I completely agree with him, Zelda is fantastic but it's infuriating me too.

Plum

It's amazing that he had a fully-edited, scheduled Jimquisition about "fragile Zelda fanboys" only a day after he posted the BotW review. That's some South Park-level content making speed right there.

The circle of internet trolling. Trolls gonna troll, dudes react to trolls, trolls troll, dudes feed trolls, trolls troll, over and over again.

Jim doesn't want to help anyone. He is swimming in this pool full of shit and he loves it.

Caayn

I've gotta agree with Jim. Weapon durability annoys the hell out of me in games, especially in Zelda. I want to play the game not play inventory management 2017.

Chaos17

Why would he ?
People receive him well whatever videos he does or say.
Before, I liked his videos but dropped them last year when he started to throw tantrum in his videos, even if it's well written, his videos are becoming more "reaction videos". I liked when they were informative and was defending consumers point of view.

It's amazing that he had a fully-edited, scheduled Jimquisition about "fragile Zelda fanboys" only a day after he posted the BotW review. That's some South Park-level content making speed right there.

I'm pretty sure he had everything already planned and just added a few recent info

Tecnniqe

Banned
He's not wrong. Weapon durability is the god damn worst. It's not hard, it's a chore for backtracking for something useless and takes me out of the game while also in the Dark Souls example weight is a thing so you can't even stack up weapons to avoid it.

At least they don't permanently break in 5 hits tho... Oh..
dem clicks tho

Them clicks for all those non existing ads, ikr

marrec

Banned
Jim doesn't want to help anyone. He is swimming in this pool full of shit and he loves it.

I used to think he was playing a character ala Angry Joe but then I realized that I was wrong and he's just like that.

Actually made me appreciate him a bit more.

OT:

Weapon fragility in Zelda is great and anyone who thinks otherwise is okay to think that.

Blobbers

damn, where was all this outrage when Jim gave TLG a 6/10?

not that I'm surprised. At least on gaf, I would say Zelda is the one fanbase that trumps the Uncharted fanbase in terms of toxicity, and that's one hell of an accomplishment.

Golgo 13

The Man With The Golden Dong
Honestly, I used to really love Jim Sterling but every single video is negative, bitchy, and reactionary now. It's either Digital Homicide is suing him, YouTube is fucking him over, Konami Sucks, DLC sucks, Nintendo sucks, or people are mad at him over a review (and of course, he's always right and everyone who disagrees with him is a fucking knob). It's just the same cycle of dramatic negative bullshit -- he seems to revel in it.

Does he ever do a video about how much joy something gives him? How much he loves a game? I can only stand so much verbal diarrhea before I check out. Good luck Jim.

I've gotta agree with Jim. Weapon durability annoys the hell out of me in games, especially in Zelda. I want to play the game not play inventory management 2017.
Having to hold down one button to scroll through weapons is completely game breaking. Such a burden.

Lanrutcon

Jim is not a troll. Jim is a siege engine of frankness.

Honestly, I used to really love Jim Sterling but every single video is negative, bitchy, and reactionary now. It's either Digital Homicide is suing him, YouTube is fucking him over, Konami Sucks, DLC sucks, Nintendo sucks, or people are mad at him over a review (and of course, he's always right and everyone who disagrees with him is a fucking knob). It's just the same cycle of dramatic negative bullshit -- he seems to revel in it.

Does he ever do a video about how much joy something gives him? How much he loves a game? I can only stand so much verbal diarrhea before I check out. Good luck Jim.

The Jimquisition specifically deals with the negatives of the industry. You might as well complain about all the sick people in hospitals or the disaster coverage on CNN. If you're looking for non-Jimquisition material, go check out his youtube channel where it's a mix of content.

Painguy

Oh jeez. I like Jim's stuff most of the time but sometimes he rly looks like he's dying for attention. Homie needs to relax (and the dumbos who are mad at his score n ddosing). I do think that he should of held off his review a bit longer so the nintendo youtube thing kinda became a less recent event tho.

100% this...

Crazyorloco

the things he doesn't like about the game are not a problem to me.

And that's ok. It's his opinion. Most people don't have that view.

I think the negativity or exaggerated negativity from him is why I don't tend to follow him too much. I don't care why he's bitter with Nintendo for past events or purposefully click bait topic titles. I think it's his fake attitude that turns me off. His shtick.

Just my 2 cents on him and his videos.

Glad for the quick turnaround on commenting about the stupid response to his review.

Curious to watch this after work, as I actually dig the durability system.

Geg

I thought the weapon durability would bother me, but since weapons are literally everywhere I ended up being fine with it. Most of the time I have too many weapons on hand to know what to do with.

Not that it's like a really fun or exciting mechanic or anything, but it doesn't annoy me either. It's just There

How I feel. I always start watching a video and I'm normally over it within a few minutes. His videos are getting predictable at this point.

Kouriozan

I admit at first the durability was an annoyance, then I'm constantly filled up and have to throw weaker weapons, hoping the upcoming hard mode will shake things a bit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom