• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jimquisition: Weapon Durability, Fanbase Fragility (Mar. 13th, 2017)

Status
Not open for further replies.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
I thought Jim made some fair points in regards to immersion breaking trips to the item screen to replace broken weapons/shields, as well as enemy encampments not being worth it. He just avoided them because the reward was worth the risk.

I don't think all this uproar over his opinion was necessary. You either agree or disagree and move on.

Nah, that’s way too loaded. Instead, let’s stay on-topic and use this review debacle as an example.

A: Jim Sterling reviewed the game and felt it deserved a 7. The backlash occurred as he was making a video about weapon durability and he decided to finish up early and use it as a platform to respond. His goal was to review the game.

B: Jim Sterling, harbouring a long felt hatred towards Nintendo, decided to review a game low on purpose. Somehow, he knew this would elicit a huge reaction from the company’s fans and had already prepared a response video to further stir-up shit. His goal during this was to get more people to give him money and increase his notoriety.

Would you say these statements lay out the arguments fairly? If so, which one of these is the least complicated solution? Remember: obvious =/= simple.

B.

Going by the evidence that supports judging jimquisition solely based on his merits and his bashing of Nintendo as of late and his prior and post trolling of Nintendo and Zelda fans pre and post "review" lately - "B" all the way.

And saying that my given situation for an Occam's Razor theory is "too loaded" - that can't be an excuse, because anything with a consequence that's based off of evidence that can be weighed and made into a personal choice is an occasion to utilize the principle of Occam's Razor.

That was actually something we used in class and it was the most divisive, which is why I gave that as an example. The obvious answer is that if you're getting evidence from all sides that in fact she did cheat on you and you "feel" as though the evidence is genuine and accurate - even though you weren't there and couldn't possibly know for certain that it did occur - the average person is going to assume that it did and react based on that.

B.

Going by the evidence that supports judging jimquisition solely based on his merits and his bashing of Nintendo as of late and his prior and post trolling of Nintendo and Zelda fans pre and post "review" lately - "B" all the way.

Where's the evidence he's trolling when he scored the last 2 Zelda releses 9.5? You're acting like a crazy person because someone liked a game less than you.

Markitron

Is currently staging a hunger strike outside Gearbox HQ while trying to hate them to death
First the "Ubisoft Style Towers" and now this.
I think this Guy either didnt really play Zelda BotW or he Just didnt Unterstand it, because none of his claims make sense, if you Played the game.

He makes his point well and it makes perfect sense, whether you agree or not. Although it's slightly amusing that you claim he hasn't played the game he is discussing when you clearly haven't watched the video we are discussing.

Where's the evidence he's trolling when he scored the last 2 Zelda releses 9.5? You're acting like a crazy person because someone liked a game less than you.

AFAIK the Nintendo-trolling accusations stem mostly from the 'pirate Nintendo games' video he did a few weeks back. As usual most people just latched onto the title without reading or listening to what he said and this whipped people up into a fury. Personally I think he went to far too make his point, and the title didn't help, but I in no way think this affected his Zelda review. His problems with it are legitimate and I mostly share them, they just don't bother me as much as they bother him.

You haven't been reading anything I've said have you?

It's not because he scored it low and I disagree with it - it's that I disagree with the fact that he scored it low solely because I feel he's got an axe to grind with Nintendo and this is a recent thing - as in the past month or so. Watch his last couple videos and see if you're still drinking the Jim Sterling Kool-Aid ;)

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
First the "Ubisoft Style Towers" and now this.
I think this Guy either didnt really play Zelda BotW or he Just didnt Unterstand it, because none of his claims make sense, if you Played the game.

The Ubisoft tower thing is a bit fishy, definitely. Early on, the first 2-3 towers you would usually find are definitely more boring renditions of the Ubisoft towers, but many come with interesting environmental puzzles, which I think far outclass the Ubisoft towers.

Harlequin

It's not because he scored it low and I disagree with it - it's that I disagree with the fact that he scored it low solely because I feel he's got an axe to grind with Nintendo and this is a recent thing - as in the past month or so. Watch his last couple videos and see if you're still drinking the Jim Sterling Kool-Aid ;)

So your personal feelings count as evidence now? Good to know.

I have been reading what you said, and I disputed it a few pages back which you continue to ignore.

Ignoring it doesn't make it go away. Until you can dispute the above, you have no grounds to say that Jim has an axe to gring with Nintendo. Him not liking their youtube polices never had an affect on his reviews before, so until you can prove that somehow it had an impact on this one, I'm going to continue to call you out for talking out of your ass because you don't like that Zelda got a 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom