• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joe Rogan goes full blown MRA; defends Trump, denies gender wage gap

Status
Not open for further replies.

Audioboxer

Hyperbole galore. Why wouldn't his fans defend him when compared to a maniac like Alex Jones? It's a ridiculous comparison to begin with.

Noam Chomsky was a guest on Alex Jone's radio show. That really says it all...

Yeah the Alex Jones stuff seems a bit far, this is maybe where I WILL defend Rogan. Jones is like a fucking nutcase who is openly abusive to his audience and any guests he does manage to get. Not to mention isn't even saying he likes "conspiracy theories cause he's a silly bitch", but actually appears to full on believe crazy to the max.

Honestly, I'd even just say is Alex Jones getting intellects like Thereoux, Sam Harris, Dr. Rhonda Patrick, Brian Cox, De Grasse Tyson and others to repeatedly come back to his show to be interviewed? I don't think so. No one with a shred of dignity would touch Alex Jones, or if they ever have they'd run a mile and accept they made a huge mistake. (Yes I know the argument here is Rogan went on, but that does instantly mean Rogan is Alex Jones anymore than saying any given guest on Rogans podcast is now Joe Rogan? (Damn son, Brian Cox you lovable scientific bastard some on GAF might claim you're now an MRA...). Have a little more use of your crticial thinking faculties than jumping straight to hyperbole to the max.

You can see a full list of his podcast guests here (first Google search that had a list) - https://joeroganreviews.com/ Lets see Alex Jones pull of something anywhere near as reasonable as that. Yes Rogan has had nutty people on, but that is part of his shtick, speaking to anyone. Also as far as I can see Alex Jones has never been on Rogan's podcast.

Dr.Acula

Banned
You guys going on about Rogan believing in bigfoot or thinking the moon landing was faked should listen to his ep with Trevor Valle from the other week where they talk about dinosaurs being fake and the Earth being flat. Rogan just likes talking about crazy shit for laughs.

His buddy Eddie Bravo legit believes in 9/11 theories though, he's a real idiot.

ghst

thanks for the laugh
Because for some of us, the fact that he's spreading ignorant bullshit about us to a huge audience kind of outweighs that other stuff. Why is that hard to understand?

i don't know, i just roll my eyes at it. i love dan carlin's stuff but i roll my eyes when he goes off the libertopian deep end too. if they were my mate i'd pull them up on it, but as is it's like hearing the conversation from the other side of the room at a party.

i don't even like joe rogan much to be honest, his good life+ stuff does my head in, but i like his humanity. in a world of echo chambers where everyone is looking for the next tweetable tabloid gotcha it's nice to have a bloke willing to just shoot the breeze for hours on end with a set of guests with completely eclectic worldviews.

Audioboxer

You guys going on about Rogan believing in bigfoot or thinking the moon landing was faked should listen to his ep with Trevor Valle from the other week where they talk about dinosaurs being fake the Earth being flat. Rogan just likes talking about crazy shit for laughs.

His buddy Eddie Bravo legit believes in 9/11 theories though, he's a real idiot.

Never heard him on before, but I have skipped 99% of the MMA stuff as I have no personal interest. One thing I have heard a few times when scientific guests (pretty much the only episodes I've seen) have been on is discussion around long-term head injuries caused by sports that involve hits to/hitting the head. It is interesting to listen to as there is definitely cases where athletes come out of physical sports with brain damage and/or changes in personality due to the head sustaining more hits and knocks than it's really made for. Yes the skull and brain are resilient, but we're talking day in day out (or weekly) potential knocks over a reasonably long period of time.

On a related note people should watch Louis Therouixs documentary on brain damage. It's equally chilling as it is rather depressing. Also obviously educational, as I do think the audience at large probably plays down just how extreme a change in behaviour a brain injury can cause. We're not just talking physical changes, but severe mental/personality changes.

It sounds like Bravo is just an asshole if he believes in 9/11 theories. Being a dumb ass and talking about bigfoot, UFO and moon landing conspiracies for "shits and giggles" isn't the same as truly entertaining theories around something like 9/11, a large scale terrorist attack which claimed the lives of many innocent civilians and law enforcement agents. Hence why I went a bit ham on anyone saying Rogan might as well be called Alex Jones. That's the kind of shit Alex Jones peddles in.

nilbog21

Banned
man, I finally got around to listening to this... That was so tame. If you are offended by this you should probably stay away from the internet

Arkeband

Banned
You guys going on about Rogan believing in bigfoot or thinking the moon landing was faked should listen to his ep with Trevor Valle from the other week where they talk about dinosaurs being fake the Earth being flat. Rogan just likes talking about crazy shit for laughs.

Yeah, that episode (which was linked and someone already went "but it's 3 hours long bububu" (despite being a link to a specific timestamp)) is really good.

They talk about debunking conspiracy theories, paleontology, the rise of anti-intellectualism and Trump, and a range of other topics.

Taking a cursory look at Rogan's podcast politics it's clear he's a bit of a chameleon in his podcast, adapting to whatever the guest of the day is on about. A lot of it is painful to listen, but IMO to get outraged over it is to fundamentally misunderstand the show. It's not political advocacy.

JimiNutz

Banned
Loving the UFC/podcast faithful that are trying to sidestep this and defend this idiot.

Fuck Joe Rogan, always was a piece of shit.

What exactly has Joe Rogan done to warrant being called a piece of shit?

I've seen a few drive by posters saying this now but they haven't quantified why he's a piece of shit or provided any evidence to back up the claim.

Rolling by and calling someone a piece of shit for no apparent reason simply make you look likes piece of shit.....

I've seen a few drive by posters saying this now but they haven't quantified why he's a piece of shit or provided any evidence to back up the claim.

Rolling by and calling someone a piece of shit for no apparent reason simply make you look likes piece of shit.....

I'm sorry, do I need to link the content that OP listed again? Do I need another reason? You OK defending him from my opinion? Don't want you to over-exert yourself.

Audioboxer

As I said previously this really falls into Rogan being an adult and being able to handle and/or defend simplifed remarks like that. Someone being "a piece of shit" can be a bit subjective if your entry to calling someone a piece of shit is simply anyone who has an opinion which challenges yours. This isn't really the problem here, it's people misrepresenting quotes/comments and people in order to "politically dirty bomb" them. My way of putting it to find the quickest and fastest way to create a topic headline that discredits someone and has masses then reply with things like "woah what a piece of shit" without even watching a video or really reading. They get taken in by the 'shock' of what you create in your headline that is simply enough to comment on/make up their mind.

This has really been a political tactic for ages though, it's just gone from media and papers with an agenda to every day posters on the internet as social media/blogs exploded in popularity. Add in the fact we live in a society that when there is content to an article they usually cannot be bothered reading it and just take time to read a title. At times we all fall victim to our haste to comment, and misrepresent/misunderstand, but some make a "career" out of it.

I loaded it and it didn't. It started at the beginning. But I was on mobile so maybe that's why...

YouTube mobile is usually a piece of ass. It doesn't honor timestamps for some reason. At least on Android it doesn't for me.

How does questioning the metrics by which we measure the wage gap make someone an MRA, especially if this person has done things to prop up women using his personal platform in dozens upon dozens of other situations?

JimiNutz

Banned
I'm sorry, do I need to link the content that OP listed again? Do I need another reason? You OK defending him from my opinion? Don't want you to over-exert yourself.

To be honest if you think that anything linked in the OP warrants calling someone a piece of shit then you have a very low tolerance, are extremely easily offended and must be triggered by something in society on a daily basis.

Must suck to be you walking around angry at the world all day and calling everyone pieces of shit lol

Maoyama

Banned
To be honest if you think that anything linked in the OP warrants calling someone a piece of shit then you have a very low tolerance, are extremely easily offended and must be triggered by something in society on a daily basis.

Must suck to be you walking around angry at the world all day and calling everyone pieces of shit lol

Holy shit, why are you being such an asshole to others? The people here are arguing how Joe's ignorant opinions that are played for laughs are offensive in the way that he pretends systematic sexism is not real. You assume this person is unjustifiably angry, that their life sucks, that they are calling people a piece of shit and that being triggered by shitty situations is somehow the fault of the person being triggered and not the person being insensitive.

Audioboxer

That's maybe a bit far Jim lol. As I just said which you seem to agree with people have different tolerance levels to where they sign off calling someone "a piece of shit". It's partly subjective, which means someone isn't always wrong.

I think the only real defending anyone needs to do of a self-aware adult like Rogan is to brush off those rather silly Alex Jones comparisons, and also point out its good to represent someone correctly, even if said representation is to say exactly what someone said about moon landings rather than your biased interpretation.

JimiNutz

Banned
I don't want to offend anyone and if I did then I apologise.

In my head 'pieces of shit' are pedophiles, rapists, murderers and extremists of any kind. I appreciate everyone has a different definition though.

Just seems that people are throwing the phrase around a lot in this thread and I just wanted to get an understanding as to why people felt this way about someone that I appreciate.

Obviously I'm not gonna agree with everyone in here and some people appear to be offended by Joe's comments so I'll just let those people be offended and move on.

And I personally think Rogan's anti-prohibition advocacy outweigh most of his other flaws.

And that's your right! Meanwhile, I'll continue to think him pushing disinformation about people like me that actually gets people killed (and is used to justify repressive laws) makes him kind of an asshole.

Taking a cursory look at Rogan's podcast politics it's clear he's a bit of a chameleon in his podcast, adapting to whatever the guest of the day is on about. A lot of it is painful to listen, but IMO to get outraged over it is to fundamentally misunderstand the show. It's not political advocacy.

So if he said a bunch of really, blatantly hateful racist shit, would that get a pass too because his show isn't "political advocacy"? I'm just trying to figure out where the line is.

Do the folks triggered

Well, that tells us about all we need to know.

So if he said a bunch of really, blatantly hateful racist shit, would that get a pass too because his show isn't "political advocacy"? I'm just trying to figure out where the line is.

Case by case pretty much. I don't think Rogan's crossed that line based on the (few) things I've heard/watched.

Dude Abides

Banned

I hope you see the irony in saying other people are so easily triggered when you're all bent out of shape because other people dared to criticize a podcast host.

This thread has been a fascinating read. I've never been a fan of Joe Rogan, my best friend being a huge one. But I don't have anything specific about him that makes me not a fan. Just don't enjoy his format really. My only real exposure to him is on UFC which I watch quite a lot and it always looks like Joe Rogan does an eightball before the show. Chest all red, screaming super excitedly.

jeemer

I'll continue to think him pushing disinformation about people like me that actually gets people killed (and is used to justify repressive laws) makes him kind of an asshole.

just out of interest, what disinformation is he pushing? i'm interested in exact quotes here and will avoid specifying disinformation that's actually gotten people killed.

Not angry at all, simply stating my view on someone lol

Where did I call everyone pieces of shit lol?

Say what you want about his politics, but his stand up special on Netflix was the first one in quite some time that had me laughing out loud quite a bit, and I watched it on a whim without being familiar with his work.

Say what you want about his politics, but his stand up special on Netflix was the first one in quite some time that had me laughing out loud quite a bit, and I watched it on a whim without being familiar with his work.
I remember laughing at some standup I've seen of him, but I've also always known he'd be the guy to make one called "Triggered" where he talks about the "Bruce Jenner thing."

just out of interest, what disinformation is he pushing? i'm interested in exact quotes here and will avoid specifying disinformation that's actually gotten people killed.

Specifically, in his recent discussion about the trans "bathroom bills", he was talking about the likelihood of some crazy person putting on a dress so he could harass women in the bathroom.

This basically never happens.

Further, it ignores all the other holes in the argument (like "Are these laws going to STOP some crazy person? Are bathroom doors being guarded or something?"), but given the usual standard of his argumentation, this isn't surprising.

There's also his shitty, ill-informed rants against Fallon Fox (who he also misgendered, 'cause he's such a stand-up guy). There's him pushing the idea of trans people being "deceptive".

I mean, I'm not going to go listen to his shit again to give you chapter and verse. Google exists - "Joe Rogan transphobia" is a good starting place.

Darryl

Banned
You wrote a whole paragraph building him up for displaying the skepticism you claim is missing from the media and having some kind of vague yet dire consequence. So yes you were lauding his skepticism. But you never said skeptic of the year - I apologize for using a bit of rhetorical hyperbole. I didn't realize you and Audioboxer would take it so literally.

His comments on the moon landing aren't "normal." They're standard "just asking questions" conspiracy monger nonsense dressed up with even more dumb shit about being a "silly bitch." He's just a D-list celebrity with a podcast. He may be entertaining but he doesn't have any insights, knowledge, or useful perspective you can't get from any other meathead down at the bar. He's just an entertaining idiot so why pretend otherwise?

All I see there is a person saying they want to believe or to find an excuse to believe, but at the end of the day they don't - it doesn't add up. That's not conspiracy theory garbage at all. The nutjobs are the ones that actually believe in this stuff - who walk around in their tinfoil hats and think people are following them down the street.

Wanting to believe isn't weird, it's normal and us non-reptillians (you're so obviously a reptile it's not funny) can relate to that. We can joke about it, talk about the what-ifs, and come home at night and breathe a deep sad sigh that the world is so monotonous.

Like, if a child told you that he knows Hogwarts isn't real and he wasn't going to get his letter but some part of him deep down just wished he would - would that alarm you? Is that a sign of the future mentally ill? I've heard that one dozens of times, and as a kid I knew it was fantasy but I always wanted to humor the reality that it could be true. Checking off boxes and saying it's not possible at all and wasn't even worth thinking about seems like such a dull way of approaching life. Sometimes in life it's just fun to have hope. It's the same hope for that unrealistic, life-altering moment that this guy is laughing about, and that same emotion still ticks for me I just don't dig aliens.

Dude Abides

Banned
All I see there is a person saying they want to believe or to find an excuse to believe, but at the end of the day they don't - it doesn't add up. That's not conspiracy theory garbage at all. The nutjobs are the ones that actually believe in this stuff - who walk around in their tinfoil hats and think people are following them down the street.

Wanting to believe isn't weird, it's normal and us non-reptillians (you're so obviously a reptile it's not funny) can relate to that. We can joke about it, talk about the what-ifs, and come home at night and breathe a deep sad sigh that the world is so monotonous.

Like, if a child told you that he knows Hogwarts isn't real and he wasn't going to get his letter but some part of him deep down just wished he would - would that alarm you? Is that a sign of the future mentally ill? I've heard that one dozens of times, and as a kid I knew it was fantasy but I always wanted to humor the reality that it could be true. Checking off boxes and saying it's not possible at all and wasn't even worth thinking about seems like such a dull way of approaching life. Sometimes in life it's just fun to have hope. It's the same hope for that unrealistic, life-altering moment that this guy is laughing about, and that same emotion still ticks for me I just don't dig aliens.

I guess you didn't listen to him talking to Tyson. But comparing him to a child fixated by Harry Potter is apt. Problem is that Rogan is middle aged. Children aren't generally praised for their skepticism. "Wanting to believe" is kind of the opposite of skepticism.

And calling people reptiles? Are you 10?

Audioboxer

That's standup comedy for you. Some of the internet will tell you you're an asshole for listening to a joke and laughing at it, that George Carlin would have found a weak child's joke. Human beings have always used humour to try and cope with/deal with tragic events and complex social/political situations. It's the reason when people go ballistic at South Park like it's some kids educational show hiding as an adult comedy show they get laughed at. You can certainly think South Park is shit and unfunny, but it's the shock and horror that some display like South Park isn't suppose to target everything and mock everything. That's the point of a lot of humor, finding something to comment on around everything.

Rogan dabbles in more than just standup though which is why so many aren't able to box him off as "just a standup comedian who says risky shit" and instead as this thread shows seemingly see him as a political commentator/journalist of some sorts. He's not that either, he's a comedian with a podcast that admittedly has massive reach but that doesn't mean he's running for government or something. He displays his ignorance and dumbness when he does comment on many things out of his depth, but no one should be looking to Rogan to get an education. Maybe his guests at times, but not him. Unless you're interested in MMA/personal fitness, but there's probably better sources out there still.

Maybe the fact he is coming from a background in stand up comedy instead of being a well educated professor plays a small part in the stupid shit he says around issues that deserve far more respect.

but it's the shock and horror that some display like South Park isn't suppose to target everything and mock everything. That's the point of a lot of humor, finding something to comment on in everything.

I've never found this argument very convincing. The issue isn't that some things are immune to humor. It's that different subjects require a different approach.

The problem with the "makes fun of everyone equally" thing is that it acts like all of these subjects exist in a vacuum. I know I've mentioned this quote before, but there's an Anatole France quote that illustrates the issue:

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Or in other words: equal measures applied to unequal situations can result in unequal outcomes.

There's also a certain degree of Poe's Law at work, but a comedian can't be completely constrained by that (even if it's something they should at least be aware of).

Audioboxer

I've never found this argument very convincing. The issue isn't that some things are immune to humor. It's that different subjects require a different approach.

The problem with the "makes fun of everyone equally" thing is that it acts like all of these subjects exist in a vacuum. I know I've mentioned this quote before, but there's an Anatole France quote that illustrates the issue:

"The law, in its majestic equality, forbids the rich as well as the poor to sleep under bridges, to beg in the streets, and to steal bread."

Or in other words: equal measures applied to unequal situations can result in unequal outcomes.

There's also a certain degree of Poe's Law at work, but a comedian can't be completely constrained by that (even if it's something they should at least be aware of).

But humor isn't about making fun of everything equally, it's about everything being able to be made fun of. There's a difference.

The concept of 'equal' is what many have issue with as in the mind of each person equal means attacking what they don't believe in just as much as what they do. That's not always how life works, as it's quite obvious we don't all live in echo chambers believing exactly the same things.

Basically humor isn't catered to for YOU. It's catered to for EVERYONE and it is up to YOU to filter through the humor you do and don't like. One has to be intellectually honest as well and accept there is a difference between me talking about stand up shows, content produced for TV and then twitter trolls.

As I always say speech has consequences, but in order to wade through life adults also need to use their heads to distinguish between someone being an abusive asshole "cuz it's funny bro", and a George Carlin DVD that offends because it talks about abortion, crime, racial tension, politics, religion and so on.

Basically humor isn't catered to for YOU. It's catered to for EVERYONE and it is up to YOU to filter through the humor you do and don't like. One has to be intellectually honest as well and accept there is a difference between me talking about stand up shows, content produced for TV and then twitter trolls.

As I always say speech has consequences, but in order to wade through life adults also need to use their heads to distinguish between someone being an abusive asshole, and a George Carlin DVD that offends.

Sure, but that also doesn't mean that comedy is somehow exempt from criticism. Comedy CAN be harmfully racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. That doesn't get a pass just because "it's a joke". It's important to look at what the joke is actually saying, who's the target of the joke and what point of view it's expressing.

(And I know you're not necessarily arguing against that position - I just see it brought up with South Park et al all the time, and there've been hints of it in the defense of Rogan.)

Audioboxer

Sure, but that also doesn't mean that comedy is somehow exempt from criticism. Comedy CAN be harmfully racist, sexist, homophobic, transphobic, etc. That doesn't get a pass just because "it's a joke". It's important to look at what the joke is actually saying, who's the target of the joke and what point of view it's expressing.

That's not what I said either. At no point have I been taking about being exempt from criticism.

People go HAM on South Park all the time, heck this season it's many trying to say South Park is now an alt-right show. What I said was these people tend to get laughed at, not that they can't come and say that's how they feel. The original poster of this topic seems to be a bit similar to those I refer to, who would create a topic title to try and instill a quick and judgmental smackdown from people who don't even know who the person is. I mean "gone full MRA"? What does that even mean?

Comedians often get popular/unpopular precisely because criticism is a thing and sales of their content/their shows aren't going to be popular if people don't like their work. The only thing I'll defend on occasion is the right for something/someone to be represented as it is. I seriously dislike people trying to muddy waters and misquote/misuse for their own personal gain. It's a tactic becoming more and more popular as politics becomes so stressful and contested for many. I can empathize with some people, but others most certainly do it and know they are doing it. It's pathologically dishonest and akin to essentially lying. I think we can all agree no one likes a liar, but lying is a human trait and it's all around us. Most of the time, white lies, not so harmless, but other times it's scummy as.

JimiNutz

Banned
I hope you see the irony in saying other people are so easily triggered when you're all bent out of shape because other people dared to criticize a podcast host.

Oh most definitely but I must stress that I'm not offended or bent out of shape in any way, just curious.
I'd seen a few people calling Joe A piece of shit and simply wanted to know if there was something about him that I didn't know because he comes across as a decent guy (with maybe a few strange viewpoints).

Not angry at all, simply stating my view on someone lol

Where did I call everyone pieces of shit lol?

Just so we are clear, you are saying that Joe Rogan is a piece of shit because of segments linked in the OP?

Darryl

Banned
I guess you didn't listen to him talking to Tyson. But comparing him to a child fixated by Harry Potter is apt. Problem is that Rogan is middle aged. Children aren't generally praised for their skepticism. "Wanting to believe" is kind of the opposite of skepticism.

And calling people reptiles? Are you 10?

"Wanting to believe" is the opposite of textbook skepticism, which is to doubt. But to make that point you've stripped it to all the nuance of our conversation. In our conversation, "wanting to believe" means to want to believe that everything is incorrect. That's skepticism.

I think you've built yourself up a pristine image of what being a skeptic is. Maybe you're non-religious, and skepticism among the non-religious was practically synonymous with intelligence for awhile there. You now don't want people to use that title unless you view them as intelligent. That's an easy mistake to make, but it doesn't mean that at all. Being a skeptic doesn't make someone intelligent, so you can take that exit and bow out of this ridiculous and misguided rant you're going on about. You can go ahead and believe in whatever you want about how he's a meathead or whatever - I don't care. I don't know that he's not. He could be or he could not be (that's skepticism right there, and it isn't a sign that I'm intelligent).

Oh most definitely but I must stress that I'm not offended or bent out of shape in any way, just curious.
I'd seen a few people calling Joe A piece of shit and simply wanted to know if there was something about him that I didn't know because he comes across as a decent guy (with maybe a few strange viewpoints).

Publicly pushing transphobic garbage is enough for someone to end up on my personal shit-list.

Audioboxer

"Wanting to believe" is the opposite of textbook skepticism, which is to doubt. But to make that point you've stripped it to all the nuance of our conversation. In our conversation, "wanting to believe" means to want to believe that everything is incorrect. That's skepticism.

I think you've built yourself up a pristine image of what being a skeptic is. Maybe you're non-religious, and skepticism among the non-religious was practically synonymous with intelligence for awhile there. You now don't want people to use that title unless you view them as intelligent. That's an easy mistake to make, but it doesn't mean that at all. Being a skeptic doesn't make someone intelligent, so you can take that exit and bow out of this ridiculous and misguided rant you're going on about. You can go ahead and believe in whatever you want about how he's a meathead or whatever - I don't care. I don't know that he's not. He could be or he could not be (that's skepticism right there, and it isn't a sign that I'm intelligent).

"Wanting to believe"

That's like some X-Files tagline right there.

147741-weird-al-seems-a-little-crazy-1ucJ.gif

JimiNutz

Banned
Publicly pushing transphobic garbage is enough for someone to end up on my personal shit-list.

Joe Rogan pushes transphobic garbage?
I've been listening to his podcast for years and have never heard this.

I'm surprised because the general message that I get from him is that we should let people do whatever the hell they want so long as it's not at the expense of others.

Audioboxer

Joe Rogan pushes transphobic garbage?
I've been listening to his podcast for years and have never heard this.

I'm surprised because the general message that I get from him is that we should let people do whatever the hell they want so long as it's not at the expense of others.

I assume it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5R6XRqELs

Haven't listened to it yet, I don't even know who that guest is. As for your statement yes he does often say everyone should be able to do what they want as long as it doesn't cause harm. Somewhat libertarian views.

edit: Just listened and like I laugh at South Park Jenner like I laugh here. She is a shitty human being and it has nothing to do with gender. Rogan is still being Rogan and being obnoxious (and possibly insensitive) but I can't say this is necessarily transphobia or hating on transgender people. Right at the start he made it clear he gives zero fucks what your gender is (and acknowledges the "plight of transgender"), it's who you are as a person. I'd say does South Parks portrayal by Matt and Trey make them transphobic? It's arguably more offensive than Joe Rogan rambling for 15 minutes about Jenner. (depiction of her face, speech and running over and killing characters constantly ~ also being tied to Trump/Garrisons election career).

If it's not this and it's something else I'll listen as well. I just googled Joe Rogan transphobia and that clip was up.

darscot

I enjoy his podcasts but it really depends on the topic and how fucked up he is. If they stick to UFC they are usually great. If Eddie starts going off I'm out. Same with Joe if he starts going on about politics, hunting or just general maleness.

JimiNutz

Banned
I assume it's this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nh5R6XRqELs

Haven't listened to it yet, I don't even know who that guest is. As for your statement yes he does often say everyone should be able to do what they want as long as it doesn't cause harm. Somewhat libertarian views.

edit: Just listened and like I laugh at South Park Jenner like I laugh here. She is a shitty human being and it has nothing to do with gender. Rogan is still being Rogan and being obnoxious but I can't say this is necessarily transphobia or hating on transgender people. Right at the start he made it clear he gives zero fucks what your gender is, it's who you are as a person.

Yup.
That is not remotely transphobic.
There is nothing in that segment that suggests for one second that Joe does not agree that people should have the choice to change gender if they chose to.

he's extremely ignorant on the topic and said a few super shitty things but doesn't seem to be an outright transphobe.

the more hilarious thing about the clip is all the anti-PC whining. what a bunch of babies.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom