• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John Cena raps about Nintendo for Kobun Heat

We put this stuff on the NOM UK E3 CD (as a hidden bonus), but I just realized I never put it on my webpage. I'm going to post about it tonight, but I figured I'd give it over to GAF first for the hell of it.

John Cena says: read Kobun Heat! (MP3, 230K)

John Cena freestyles about Nintendo - pretty amazing talent! (MP3, 2,046K)

cena.jpg

aku:jiki

I have no idea who John Cena is, but the freestyle is actually pretty impressive. I couldn't name that many NES games that fast for sure.

Agent X

John Cena is a WWE wrestler, whose gimmick is that he's also a rapper.

Thanks for sharing those with us, Kobun Heat!

Trevelyon

Kobun is the one on the left, with the chain & padlock... right? ;)

Gosh! Cena has some crazy talent & it didn't sound like he struggled at all.

Penguin

I haven't downloaded the clip, but it seems like John Cena is a big Nintendo fan in general. I've seen him wear Nintedno wrist bands (the green ones with the One-Up Mushrooms), if anyone actually follows wrestling, WrestleMania XX is the most obvious place. Also he has wore Nintendo boxers (same design) and oddly enough you can see those in the PS2 game SmackDown vs Raw.

Heard he also wears Atari gear.

is kobun the sexy beast on the left or the pallid white gamer on the right?

:D

Umm Kobun, who have you worked with before (publications).. you look awfully familiar.

I do of course realize that the picture in question makes me look even worse than usual. As if that were somehow possible.

I've written for Animerica, Wired, and Nintendo Mag UK among a handful of other publications, here and there.

Sho Nuff

Banned
I met Cena later, and he said:

“With a face like that Kobun ain’t gettin’ no poon,
His mom slammed the Rossi with him in the womb.
That grease on his forehead just feeds the fat fryer,
Coz Kobun is Hardee’s chief oil supplier.
This guy cramps my style, so I’m gonna cruise--
‘Coz Xbox’s the shit…Mario’s yesterday’s news.
Word life.”

jobber

Would let Tony Parker sleep with his wife
Cena is going to blow in the next couple of years. Freestyling isn't a gimmick for him. He's been on tracks with Murs, E-40, and Everlast. He's a cool guy in person too. Why is there a X over his Von Dutch hat tho?

edit: oh yeah, Cena is in someone's avatar here

mashoutposse

Ante Up
That was actually kinda hot. He definitely was a big gamer back in the day -- impressive how he pulled all of that material together and made it sound good.

StoOgE

First tragedy, then farce.
I swear to God if this man could wrestle he would be my favorite of all time... if only we could combine Benoit's in ring talent with this guys mic skill.

Guzim

jobber said:
Cena is going to blow in the next couple of years. Freestyling isn't a gimmick for him. He's been on tracks with Murs, E-40, and Everlast. He's a cool guy in person too. Why is there a X over his Von Dutch hat tho?

edit: oh yeah, Cena is in someone's avatar here
I think he's releasing a rap album in November, and it's my avatar :D

Penguin

StoOgE said:
I swear to God if this man could wrestle he would be my favorite of all time... if only we could combine Benoit's in ring talent with this guys mic skill.

Hahah, I know what you mean his mic skills are impressive, and his matches are cool if kept short, he just needs to add more moves to his arsenal and learn more basics.

Scrow

Still Tagged Accordingly
I blow on it, so it works, because it used to jump
that was one of the best lines.

And just the rap in general is one of the best things to come out of GAF.

Truelize

Steroid Distributor
See, it's things like this that make this forum so awesome. Freakin John Sena rappin with our boy Kobun. Gee Kobun I feel so honoured that we used to play FFXI together. If only I knew you were a celebrity. :D

DCX

DCX
Truelize said:
See, it's things like this that make this forum so awesome. Freakin John Sena rappin with our boy Kobun. Gee Kobun I feel so honoured that we used to play FFXI together. If only I knew you were a celebrity. :D
It's Cena but yeah it's awesome.

DCX

DCX

DCX
MaddenNFL64 said:
Awesome shit Kobun :D.

I didn't know Cena actually knew how to freestyle, I thought it was an act :\.
It's funny so did i :p That was good though.

DCX

Greekboy

Banned
Fucking sweet. That Tecmo Bowl, RBI Baseball and double-stacking carts and blowing into them brought back some memories.

No Castlevania love though....

Top Bottom