• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

John from DF: No raytracing on XSX at launch (Update: “Oh, maybe it will then...”)

But Bethesda,

But 12TF,

But Gamepass,

At least you can play Halo 1 in 4K on launch day

FamousAdolescentDouglasfirbarkbeetle-size_restricted.gif

Last edited:

Jigsaah

Gold Member
The title of this thread seems misleading. John never said that there would be no raytracing at launch Agnostic2020 Agnostic2020 .

He basically said there's nothing shown right now and that their behind. There's still time before launch, as unlikely as it may seem.

Last edited:
I'm not even sure how many games are expected to have it period? Like...is there any multiplat games where it will have raytracing on PS5 but not XSX? For example...Cyberpunk?

I guess my point is it would seem that since the Xbox SX isn't coming out with any 1st party games at launch and Sony is...wouldn't this sort of explain things to some extent?

The games I know of with Raytracing on PS5, is Demon's Souls (I consider Blue Point 2nd party), Spiderman and MM and Ratchet n Clank (?) right? Obviously none of those are on XSX...so what I'm saying is that this may be more of an issue with 3rd party devs than with Microsoft Devs. Microsoft Devs have another entire issue going on where they simply don't have games ready yet.
DMC 5 wi have it at launch on PS5 and be patching it later on Series X.

Tajaz2426

Psychology PhD from Wikipedia University
John saying this shit whole literally forgetting Watch_Dogs already showed RT on Xbox Series, and COD already confirmed it will be there, shows how desperate some are here to paint Xbox in a bad light. The guy doesn't know shit and you should all be ashamed.
I don’t think it’s a big deal myself, but there hasn’t been Watch Dogs shown on the XBox. If you have seen it, please link.

Alexious

Doesn't Watch Dogs Legion have raytraced reflections or is that a PC exclusive feature. This article is reporting that ubisoft confirmed raytracing for the Series X. Last time i checked Watch Dogs is a launch title.

Yeah, Watch Dogs Legion should be one.

Papacheeks

Banned
John saying this shit whole literally forgetting Watch_Dogs already showed RT on Xbox Series, and COD already confirmed it will be there, shows how desperate some are here to paint Xbox in a bad light. The guy doesn't know shit and you should all be ashamed.

Go re-read what he said. ANd understand that if they were not far behind in dev tools all their showcases including third party would have said running on series x.

There's a reason lot of games were shown running on a pc.

So we should just assume it won't be there because other games won't have it? Makes sense. Even though john already admitted he forgot about other games ubisoft talked about.

I thought we hated DF anyway?
Defelcting is an art . As mentioned issue is with ms api for raytracing. I hope soon it will be fixed

Gediminas

Banned
they were spitting 25TF when ray tracing in On and they can't even do most simpliest ray tracing with that?

they just hype hype hype and empty promises.

fueling console wars all the time through twitter and also in those retards post casts.

no but really, is this a joke? 0 games at launch with ray tracing, 0 their exclusive.

they were spitting 25TF when ray tracing in On and they can't even do most simpliest ray tracing with that?

they just hype hype hype and empty promises.

fueling console wars all the time through twitter and also in those retards post casts.

no but really, is this a joke? 0 games at launch with ray tracing, 0 their exclusive.
Karma got them hard . Remembering all those bullshit is a bit jarring now and all the fud for ps5

Look it's disappointing and I feel bad for Xbox Owners, and I am pretty sure MS will get this all sorted out and Xbox will have the best versions of games for the rest of the generation, but this is karma at its finest.

After all the nonsense about the PS5 having software RT than shadows only RT being spread by xbox fans, this should be a cautionary tale to every wanna be fanboy on this forum... Sony, Nintendo, PC, that Stadia fanboy Voost Kain..... Dont be that guy because Life is a motherfucker.

How the fuck can you say that? It’s not all us fans who have done shit like that for fuck sake.

Sick of this shit

Nubulax

How can you fuck up to have no first party launch games and then the biggest new gimmick isn't working. I have no clue how they could manage this...

It honestly is AMAZING to me MS screwed this launch up so bad. Its not like they have been doing much the last few years, they had all the time in the world to prepare for launch. On the other hand, in this last years span, you have Sony releasing Death Stranding, FF7 Remake, Last of US 2, Ghosts of Tsushima with a better launch lineup for PS5

Edgelord79

Gold Member
Wow. It's been lying if I said this wasn't surprising especially since such a big deal had been made of ray tracing. I won't though if they even care at this point though. Many people want the xbox due to the value of gamepass. Ray tracing at launch want going to sway it for them anyways.

This is disappointing for me, but not the end of the world. I ordered the PS5 as well as I suspect I'll be playing that mostly at launch.

Vasto

What game is supposed to have Ray Tracing? Are there games launching that only the PS5 version will have ray tracing?

Last edited:

Self

Yes, it was stupid and naive do go full RT by some Xbox fanboys. It is kinda funny, but it will come. Everybody knows it, so...

vpance

So this is what OsirisBlack meant by 5 > X in RT.

Wonder if it's kiiling way too much GPU perf when it's turned on.

Top Bottom