• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JOHN WICK Trailer - Keanu Reeves as a Hitman

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wick = thing you can light on fire, like a fuse in this case so yeah.

Plus, that poster.

xs43l5E.jpg

Alienous

Nerdist interview with Keanu Reeves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLhxzbrTGxI

"The directors, David and Chad, really realise that vision so you can be super serious but at the same time, have the humour; have the fun of those moments. Because John is so mythic and the stakes are so high but at the same time, it's just a dog."

Ok, I'm more hyped because they are aware of how silly the premise is and just want to have fun.

I don't have the same problem with the premise others have. Clearly this is just an angry dude who was looking for any excuse to start murdering people again, and using something flimsy like the death of his dog to justify a rampage.

It's a heck of a lot more original that other premises, anyway.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
I don't have the same problem with the premise others have. Clearly this is just an angry dude who was looking for any excuse to start murdering people again, and using something flimsy like the death of his dog to justify a rampage.

It's a heck of a lot more original that other premises, anyway.

Actually people can really identify with the loss of a pet, almost more so than say a child, firstly for demographic reasons - more pets than kids, but secondly because parents actually don't even like thinking about that.

So emotionally, it's not trivial (flimsy) AT ALL.

Foggy

Gonna try and see it tomorrow with the live-streamed Q&A. If anything, I'll definitely be seeing it this weekend.

JaseMath

Really interested in this. My friend said his reaction to John Wick was the same as with Taken: "Holy fucking shit".

Chris R

The nonstop ads I've seen for this do not make me want to see the movie. OK he's back and shoots guns but not even a drop about what the movie is about? I'll wait for reviews before deciding if I see it along with interstellar next month.

Foggy

The nonstop ads I've seen for this do not make me want to see the movie. OK he's back and shoots guns but not even a drop about what the movie is about? I'll wait for reviews before deciding if I see it along with interstellar next month.

It's a stylish action movie where a dude who is held in high regard in the underworld is going on a scorched earth campaign. Wouldn't you consider it a good thing that the movie isn't completely spoiled?

Chris R

It's a stylish action movie where a dude who is held in high regard in the underworld is going on a scorched earth campaign. Wouldn't you consider it a good thing that the movie isn't completely spoiled?

I'm not asking for the movie to be spoiled. I'm just saying I didn't get the bolded from any trailer at all. All I got was it has Keanu and guns.

Just saw the movie, I didn't even saw the trailer. Just heard about it from the AMA and a friend invited me to see it.

Movie was great, best gun action I've seen in years. And they hyped John pretty well earlier on the movie, so even before he started shooting anyone. You already knew they fucked up.

Prologue

Just saw the movie, I didn't even saw the trailer. Just heard about it from the AMA and a friend invited me to see it.

Movie was great, best gun action I've seen in years. And they hyped John pretty well earlier on the movie, so even before he started shooting anyone. You already knew they fucked up.

Magwik

Banned

"He stole John Wick's car and killed his dog"
"... Oh"

Keanu looks like he did most of his stunts, no?

I stayed to the credits (not because John Wick kicked so much ass that I was expecting Nick Fury to appears in the credits inviting him to the avenger or anything) and they where two stunt actors for Keanu.

"He stole John Wick's car and killed his dog"
"... Oh"

The crow started laughing at the scene, they already knew what kind of movie they where in for.

Great movie, also loved seeing some of those HBO/The Wire actors in there.

Speaking of HBO has anyone watched OZ?
It was great to see a little O'Reily in Dean Winters character when he got hit by the car and said "Russian cocksuckers".

Blizzard

Banned
I also rather liked the movie, though I'm not really sure which is the official thread (http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=913241&page=6 was active until I saw this) at the moment.

I thought that though very violent, it treated the violence more as a medium than an end to itself, and somehow that made it less disturbing for me. I'd personally rather not have a sequel -- the story was pretty much complete as it was, and remember that one Matrix movie with Reeves that got sequels? :p

Viggo was a fantastic actor. His reaction to to hearing his son fucked up was was amazing.

Liked some of the eccentric choices he made in his performance, like mimicking the
pencil stab
or that fake-out he threw John
near the end
, or the way he handed his dude the gun in the car. He could have played it all straight, but that would have been boring like his nothing bad guy from Ghost Protocol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom