• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JOHN WICK Trailer - Keanu Reeves as a Hitman

Status
Not open for further replies.

Helmholtz

If the (generic) story is pretty minimal, and the movie is like 80-90% awesome gun fights and karate stuff, I think this could be good. Saw some promising actors in there too (Dafoe!).

double jump

you haven't lived until a random little kid ask you "how do you make love".
Is theon going to take L's forever?
The stupid plot really diminished all hype I had for this movie. "They killed my dog. Yeah, I'm back." Shoot,shoot, bang !

Sephzilla

The action looks good and they even have Reek!.

But why does every movie have the same set up?

"Ohhhh My wife died... Ohhhh My girlfriend died.... Ohhhh You did something and now its personal..."
Because that's usually how revenge films go

The Cowboy

They all gonna get killed over a dog lol, I want to see this movie..
Its not exactly just over a dog, his wife was dying and as a final gift to him she got him the dog - so he gets his revenge on because they killed the dog (such a cute dog :D) that his wife gave him on her death bed.

Also, don't all dog owners have a vault of guns ready for people who kill their dogs? - i thought that was in the dog owners rule book.

Corgi

Banned
just love the completely random ass shot in the middle of all the action.

because action movie trailer 101.

lamaroo

Unconfirmed Member
Director is a former stunt man/choreographer, so I'm betting we'll see some rad shit in this.

Yeah, that bodes well for the action. It's nice to have somebody behind the camera who will want to show off some sweet choreography/stunts.

We've been getting some good action stuff this year with less quick cuts.

It's been too long since we saw Keanu. Street Kings is also a super-underrated movie.

Street-Kings_l.jpg

Compiled all the Collateral shootbang in a gif

ibi3NWIEY621gj.gif

Holy shit, this makes me think that Keanu actually would be a great choice for the Max Payne we say in MP1/2. He could nail the whole poetic metaphorical cop on the edge thing.

Wiktor

I am not sure Keanu can play a killer. Did anyone see The watcher ? He was horrible, one of the first movies I actually stopped watching because it was such shit. I like Keanu as an actor but as "badass" killer...

I don't care how jaded or how much linkin park he may have listened to, preparing. Not convinced he will do a better job this time.
Wasn't that the movie where he was suppose to play a small part as a favor for his friend and that friend turned out to be a douchebag who fixed up the contract in such way that it forced Keanu to play a lead role in it?
Yeah...I don't think he had a lot of passion for that project.

Wasn't that the movie where he was suppose to play a small part as a favor for his friend and that friend turned out to be a douchebag who fixed up the contract in such way that it forced Keanu to play a lead role in it?
Yeah...I don't think he had a lot of passion for that project.

Huh, thats reassuring. Now I want to see this movie

This film looks glorious. Also looking forward to seeing what the stuntman turned director can do. IE: Need for Speed may be an ultimately shit film, but director Scott Waugh (also a prior stuntman) knew damn well how to construct/shoot a setpiece.

big ander

sup with people being like "finally Keanu's back! It's been too long since he's been in a single thing!" y'all mean after last year when he was a lead in both 47 Ronin and Man of Tai Chi, the latter of which being his directorial debut? or the year before when he hosted a talked-about documentary?

not that I don't think this looks possibly slickly fun and will be glad to see Keanu in it, but

BLACKLAC

sup with people being like "finally Keanu's back! It's been too long since he's been in a single thing!" y'all mean after last year when he was a lead in both 47 Ronin and Man of Tai Chi, the latter of which being his directorial debut? or the year before when he hosted a talked-about documentary?

not that I don't think this looks possibly slickly fun and will be glad to see Keanu in it, but

His last good film was 6 years ago(Street Kings).

i remember being bored as fuck watching that in theaters. should i check it out again, is it like training day?

edit: the game. lmao

BLACKLAC

i remember being bored as fuck watching that in theaters. should i check it out again, is it like training day?

I went into it expecting it to be shit and was pleasantly surprised. The corner store robbery/
assassination attempt?
especially stood out. I've only seen it once though, good enough of an excuse to watch it again I guess!

Just goes to show you how rare it is to see some creativity thrown into action choreography. That gif alone outdoes most Hollywood action from the past year. They got my money.

Also, I spotted Defoe.

UrbanRats

"That dog, was the last gift, from my dying wife" holy shit that made me laugh out loud, but otherwise the film looks like a fun action movie.
And it also looks very beautiful with those neon colors.

Helmholtz

He might have been a great Spike Spiegel. If there was a director who wouldn't fuck it up.
I think he would have been great for that. Looks the part, and is proven as an actor who can do well in action movies. And it's not like Spike requires a ton of range anyway.

Kiru

I hope Leguizamo has a big role in this. I loved seeing him as a gangster in Carlito's Way.

Watched Carlito's Way again recently, looked him up on imdb to check some of his other movies. He also was Luigi in the Super Mario Bros. movie... lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom