• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JOHN WICK Trailer - Keanu Reeves as a Hitman

Status
Not open for further replies.

SJRB

Gold Member
Guess I should watch Street Kings.

I really liked Street Kings. The story is kinda mediocre but it has awesome shots of LA and Keanu is pretty baller as the "bending the rules" cop.

Awesome cast too with Chris Evans, Forest Whitaker, Terry Crews and freaking Hugh Laurie.

I really liked Street Kings. The story is kinda mediocre but it has awesome shots of LA and Keanu is pretty baller as the "bending the rules" cop.

Awesome cast too with Chris Evans, Forest Whitaker, Terry Crews and freaking Hugh Laurie.

Don't care about story, as long as it has good action, I'm good to go.

"Aaawwww he has a dog.... oh, it's a Beagle, that's so cuuttttee *____* .... "

"..."

"NOOOoooo. Daisy, Noooo------FUCK YOU BAD GUYS I AM SO GOING TO SEE THIS MOVIE AT THE THEATRES AND I WILL CHEER EVERYTIME YOU DIE"

Keanu keeping on adorableness. He's such a good guy amg *____*

The action looks good and they even have Reek!.

But why does every movie have the same set up?

"Ohhhh My wife died... Ohhhh My girlfriend died.... Ohhhh You did something and now its personal..."

Why else would you be so pissed that you'd want to go kill them? They took the last honeybun?

benny blanco from the bronx. lmao, hilarious character

carlito-s-way-o.gif

Love that movie, watched it countless times. To me it is spiritual sequel to Scarface if Tony went to jail.

Some people even call it the spiritual successor, but to me, Tony and Carlito are fundamentally different characters.

Yeah, I know. Very different but you could say that being in jail changed him (it wouldn't if we are talking about Tony lol). It's fun though to come up with such theories like Hal from Malcom in the Middle and Walter White in Breaking bad being the same person.

~Kinggi~

Banned
Lmao i started laughing when he says he lost everything cause his dog was a gift from his wife. Evidently this turns you into a crazed killer. I thought it was gonna turn comedy at that point.

Other than that it looks badass in a taken sort of way.

Lmao i started laughing when he says he lost everything cause his dog was a gift from his wife. Evidently this turns you into a crazed killer. I thought it was gonna turn comedy at that point.

Other than that it looks badass in a taken sort of way.
Sort of missed the glaringly obvious part of the trailer that reveals the guy was a retired assassin, didn't you?

I won't be surprise if the trailer is better than the end product, but I'm definitely going to watch this movie. Looks great and I really like Keanu Reeves.

Dali

Just watched the trailer. Yes! Thought he'd given up after watching that Chinese movie with him. Glad to see he's still in the game.

DieH@rd

Banned
IGN - John Wick is a brilliant B-movie that features a knockout performance from an A-lister. The universe that that’s set up is an intriguing one. The mission that Wick embarks on a compelling one. And in terms of action, drama and excitement, the film truly delivers.

8.5/10 - GREAT [Bad things happen to the men who killed Keanu Reeves' dog in this hugely entertaining revenge flick]
http://www.ign.com/articles/2014/09/22/john-wick-review

TadkV.gif

EviLore

Expansive Ellipses
Staff Member
Oh, yeah, this one.

Movie doesn't know when to call it quits, and some of the cast members clearly didn't give a damn about preparing physically for their roles. The comic book hitman heightened reality doesn't always work. Keanu also lacks some of the necessary screen presence and charisma to play the part, but otherwise he delivers fully in the elaborate action sequences (and a hell of a lot better than in Man of Tai Chi), and the screenplay has about as much fun as you can possibly have in the down time between shooting hundreds of people in the face.

I had a lot of problems with it but I couldn't quite dislike it.

Decado

Oh, yeah, this one.

Movie doesn't know when to call it quits, and some of the cast members clearly didn't give a damn about preparing physically for their roles. The comic book hitman heightened reality doesn't always work. Keanu also lacks some of the necessary screen presence and charisma to play the part, but otherwise he delivers fully in the elaborate action sequences (and a hell of a lot better than in Man of Tai Chi), and the screenplay has about as much fun as you can possibly have in the down time between shooting hundreds of people in the face.

I had a lot of problems with it but I couldn't quite dislike it.

Is the violence pg-13 level, soft R or hard-R?

Nerdist interview with Keanu Reeves: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YLhxzbrTGxI

"The directors, David and Chad, really realise that vision so you can be super serious but at the same time, have the humour; have the fun of those moments. Because John is so mythic and the stakes are so high but at the same time, it's just a dog."

Ok, I'm more hyped because they are aware of how silly the premise is and just want to have fun.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom