• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

JoJo's Bizarre Adventure: All-Star Battle |OT| Diamond is Not Crazy

Kyolux

I ordered from Bandai's site in February and it's out for delivery through UPS (I'm in Canada) this morning..

Anyone knows if they'll just leave it at my door or if I'll have to pick it up tomorrow or something? I know through Amazon they usually leave stuff at the door (they were going to do just that with The Sky last week), but I have 0 experience ordering directly from a publisher.

Talking alone here.. but yeah.. they came in for delivery, wasn't there, now it says "The driver was unable to collect funds on the first delivery attempt. A second attempt will be made. " on my tracking..

I hope I can just leave some money to my neighbor and have them pick it up, or if I could, I'd just call them and I'd just go and pick it up at their UPS pick-up center or something. Anyone knows what happens if I can't be there on all attempts at delivery?

Neonsands

Neo Member
There has been a Japanese copy of this at a second hand shop I frequent. I guess someone imported it, and then got tired? Not really sure, but it is up for like 40 bucks. Was tempted to get it, but I just think I'd enjoy this a lot more if I actually understand it.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Campaign Mode is up...

And Old Joseph is up for DLC. Weird? I thought Kira and Fatty would be first.

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
There has been a Japanese copy of this at a second hand shop I frequent. I guess someone imported it, and then got tired? Not really sure, but it is up for like 40 bucks. Was tempted to get it, but I just think I'd enjoy this a lot more if I actually understand it.

Don't get the Japanese version- you won't be able to play online with U.S./Euro players and to experience everything, you have to spend a lot on the DLC. It looks like the DLC is already noticeably cheaper for the U.S. version, too.

pronk420

this seems like a lot of fun so far. not sure i properly understand the combat system yet but the characters are pretty great (never seen the animated show)

i remember 8-4 play saying it was complete garbage but i wonder if that was just because of the weird F2P nonsense?

Lyte Edge

this seems like a lot of fun so far. not sure i properly understand the combat system yet but the characters are pretty great (never seen the animated show)

i remember 8-4 play saying it was complete garbage but i wonder if that was just because of the weird F2P nonsense?

There was a huge, huge backlash against this game because of all the DLC (not just characters, IIRC, campaign mode stuff was also locked out without buying DLC), that led to the game dropping off the sales charts pretty quickly and reports of shops refusing to take in second hand copies, due to too many people selling it off. The game also had some issues early on that many would describe as "broken." I would have canceled my order had I known this; the game pretty much sat on my shelf since I got it. People have said that patches have made the game better, so I'm giving it another shot with the U.S. version.

Volcynika

Got my copy, but not off work till 5:30 and then even after that I will be dealing with strong storms + possibly tornados. D:

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
$1.99 for Joseph, free for so campaign mode.
So $18 for all 9 DLC characters, $16 if you get one of the pre-order ones ($14 if you managed to get both of them).

That's....rather decent, actually. I think in Japan, they were 600 yen each (300 during a 1/2 off promo), or $6. That's MUCH better than what I was fearing.

Shame I probably will have to actually buy Fugo despite downloading him on JP PSN for free.

Some of the name changes are real head-scratchers. The average Venture Bros. episode has just about as many name and lyric references.

Astarte

There was a huge, huge backlash against this game because of all the DLC (not just characters, IIRC, campaign mode stuff was also locked out without buying DLC), that led to the game dropping off the sales charts pretty quickly and reports of shops refusing to take in second hand copies, due to too many people selling it off. The game also had some issues early on that many would describe as "broken." I would have canceled my order had I known this; the game pretty much sat on my shelf since I got it. People have said that patches have made the game better, so I'm giving it another shot with the U.S. version.

Campaign mode stuff was completely free, please don't spread misunderstandings. Character DLC for a fighting game is understandable, really. The backlash against the game involved campaign mode timers (along with the microtransactions to wave off the TWENTY MINUTE WAIT TIME), absolutely dreadful story mode, and a pretty busted 1.0. They pretty much fixed two out of the three at this point.

Watch Da Birdie

Who cares about the Story Mode in a fighting game though?

I wish Fugo was the first DLC character though, so looking forward to him. Hopefully they bump up all the DLC stuff and get everyone out by the end of May.

Lyte Edge

No it wasn't, you had to download free DLC for each campaign since it acted as a compatibility patch for online play.

Campaign mode stuff was completely free, please don't spread misunderstandings. Character DLC for a fighting game is understandable, really. The backlash against the game involved campaign mode timers (along with the microtransactions to wave off the TWENTY MINUTE WAIT TIME), absolutely dreadful story mode, and a pretty busted 1.0. They pretty much fixed two out of the three at this point.

Appreciate the clarification; LOL at "don't spread misunderstandings." It's clear that this game deserved the backlash it got. Hope the U.S. version is better. My copy is here so I will find out soon!

Character DLC for a fighting game is understandable, really.

As Zonic noted, the prices were higher for the DLC characters in Japan. It's ridiculous that they released a game with nine characters locked out, who would cost 5000-6000 yen total at full price, on top of the microtransaction campaign crap.

Just slammed through the first chapter and I'm enjoying it. Didn't really know the story elements were text only, was really expecting the typical CC2 blowout. It's a bummer, yeah, but not a deal breaker.

Frostu on PSN, I have no idea who I'm maining. Probably gonna wait until I've cleaned up the story mode before making that decision, though.

Off to dinner!

Watch Da Birdie

I downloaded and installed Campaign Mode, but when I started the game, it said it wasn't "up to date" and I couldn't access the mode?

Anyone else have this problem.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
finding a retail release of the physical disk is not possible
Because it's only available from Amazon or Namco directly. No other place sells a physical copy.

& I noticed while I was downloading the campaign DLC, the icon is still in Japanese, so it still says "杜王町に巣食う闇" or The Darkness That Haunts Morioh Town. There's a video showing all the different colors & such you can unlock by downloading the DLC. Complete with info on where the costume/color originated from.

In fact, here's the different stuff that can be unlocked from campaign DLCs 2, 3, & 4, based on the JPN version.

SGRemy

Ok. So what if I downloaded AND installed the campaign pack 1 but the game won't recognize it? Says it's not up to date but I've downloaded the damn pack twice already

Astarte

Appreciate the clarification; LOL at "don't spread misunderstandings." It's clear that this game deserved the backlash it got. Hope the U.S. version is better. My copy is here so I will find out soon!

As Zonic noted, the prices were higher for the DLC characters in Japan. It's ridiculous that they released a game with nine characters locked out, who would cost 5000-6000 yen total at full price, on top of the microtransaction campaign crap.

The game got a deservedly severe backlash, but CC2 pretty much did its best to make it up. The DLC characters were half off and Fugo was free for a while; including the free Fugo and Yoshikage Kira it came out to about...2700 yen.
CC2 learned the hard way and we pretty much have a playable and rad game right now. It's pretty much guaranteed to be an improvement.

So tempted to buy this... I'm a recent Jojo viewer (me and my wife started with the new anime series, though I'd thought about reading the manga for ages). Already behind on season 3 -_- man kids make things difficult.

Story of all our lives, brother. My only solution? Watch it with them, minus the nude bits.

(Although, when my wife is working and I'm off, me and the boys kill that rule entirely xD)

Watch Da Birdie

Man, I'm sort of...confused what I'm doing with most of the characters.

Like I'm playing SBR's Story Mode, and I have no clue what the fuck to do with Johnny. And fighting against King Crimson in Part 5's Story Mode was pretty much as confusing as the actual story.

Ok. So what if I downloaded AND installed the campaign pack 1 but the game won't recognize it? Says it's not up to date but I've downloaded the damn pack twice already

Seems to be happening to everyone...

Only thing I can think of is the Pack 1 is an expansion pack, and the actual Campaign Mode will come later tonight. Apparently there's issues with the DLC characters too.

BTA

So $18 for all 9 DLC characters, $16 if you get one of the pre-order ones ($14 if you managed to get both of them).

That's....rather decent, actually. I think in Japan, they were 600 yen each (300 during a 1/2 off promo), or $6. That's MUCH better than what I was fearing.

Shame I probably will have to actually buy Fugo despite downloading him on JP PSN for free.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the DLC characters (or at least some of them?) ended up staying at 300 yen per permanently once the backlash started (I got them all at 300 yen, but I got them as they came out). Good to know that they're the same price here, though, since I was a little worried about that.

In any case, I'm not exactly going to rush to buy this and the DLC again when I've barely had the time to play my imported copy as is, but I'm really happy to see that people are enjoying it.

Man, I'm sort of...confused what I'm doing with most of the characters.

Like I'm playing SBR's Story Mode, and I have no clue what the fuck to do with Johnny. And fighting against King Crimson in Part 5's Story Mode was pretty much as confusing as the actual story.

Seems to be happening to everyone...

Only thing I can think of is the Pack 1 is an expansion pack, and the actual Campaign Mode will come later tonight. Apparently there's issues with the DLC characters too.

Well, if you search for JoJo All Stars from the UI, you can actually see Old Man Joesph and the Campaign mode as DLC. Dead serious, Joe plays like a fiddle.

jgminto

It's odd that Old Joseph is out, he was in the third set with Lisa Lisa.

The release went...

Fatty/Kira
Iggy/Fugo
Old Joseph/Lisa Lisa
Vanilla Ice/Anasui
Baoh

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Tried redeeming my code for Shigekiyo & it's telling me "The Prepaid Card code you entered is incorrect or is no longer valid". I assume they haven't made it so PSN accepts the pre-order codes or something.

Someone should correct me if I'm wrong, but I'm fairly certain that the DLC characters (or at least some of them?) ended up staying at 300 yen per permanently once the backlash started (I got them all at 300 yen, but I got them as they came out). Good to know that they're the same price here, though, since I was a little worried about that.

In any case, I'm not exactly going to rush to buy this and the DLC again when I've barely had the time to play my imported copy as is, but I'm really happy to see that people are enjoying it.
I just checked & it's 617 yen for the characters....& there's also a free theme I can get.

Oh yeah, wonder when we'll get the colors for Jotaro & Polnareff that were based on the Capcom fighter. I recall it was a collaboration between the HD port of Capcom's Jojo fighter & ASB. It was Special Costume B for Polnareff & E for Jotaro.

Was about to ask about the campaign DLC too. Can't play online without it. :/

Yeah, set it up to download right before my wife and I left for dinner, thinking I could get in a game or two online when we got back. Nope. Maybe they need to flip a switch or something? Heh.

leehom

Promotion code from Amazon not working for me either. From the looks of it, doesn't look like it's working for anyone?

leehom

Downloaded campaign pack 1, but the game does and doesn't recognize it? It unlocked the two characters, but didn't unlock online mode. Maybe I need to play the game a little before it unlocks?

Top Bottom