• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Seriously can't wait for part 3 in the anime, i just got done going through a binge of 1 and 2 haha, 3 is gonna be fantastic, and i hope we get the rest animated as well

tumblr_muqlt6Lsas1qb9822o1_500.jpg

tumblr_muqlt6Lsas1qb9822o3_500.jpg

tumblr_muqlt6Lsas1qb9822o2_500.jpg

http://andronian.tumblr.com/post/64165399004

Any chance to torment people by reminding them of the CLAMP doujin is a perfect chance

Here's a thing I found on the internet.

That's awesome.

I also just caught up in Jojolion on a whim and
I'm liking it. Obviously little has happened yet and the enemies have yet to amaze me, but it's damn solid as a setup. Seriously curious as to who the antagonist will end up being.

After hearing that All Star Battle will be localized I am glad I held off importing, cause my Japanese is rusty and from looking at the youtube vids, it would have made my head explode.

Gazoinks

After hearing that All Star Battle will be localized I am glad I held off importing, cause my Japanese is rusty and from looking at the youtube vids, it would have made my head explode.

Oh, really? Awesome. I wonder if they'll have to change any of the music references, it seems like that was always the main barrier in the way of localized Jojo (yes Prince I am looking at you).

Articalys

Fun fact I just learned: the kanji that make up Josuke's family name "Higashikata" (東方) have an alternate reading of "Touhou" and are in fact the same kanji that ZUN used in the name of the Touhou Project series, since in either case the kanji's meaning is "eastern". Since JoJo part 4 started in 1992 and the Touhou games started in 1996, the choice of kanji for the latter may well be a reference to the former, especially since there's a fair number of other JoJo references in parts of the Touhou series (including a direct quoting of Dio's "how many times have you eaten bread" line, name-dropping the Red Stone of Aja, a time-stopper who throws knives, etc.).

tumblr_mv6u26FkhS1qa55kyo1_1280.jpg

So are we gonna stop calling him ACDC or are we gonna treat this as a name change to continue the eternal war of just what his actual name is :v

I don't care if Araki himself comes to my house and writes their names in English in his own handwriting in front of me, I will always use the direct same as the band spellings.

Gazoinks

Random question for JojoGAF: Favorite villains? Not having read Part 5 and not far in Part 8, I'd rank them:

1. Pucci
2. Kira
3. Dio
4. Valentine
5. Cars

jgminto

Bleh.
Going Underground
was a better name.

New chapter impressions

Might be the creepiest Jojo chapter since Kira's bath with his son. It seems like it could be a lot darker series than the previous, even with very little gore used. The characters are just that fucking creepy. Fuck Joshuu especially, he's a total scumbag. Can't wait for Jo2uke to ORA ORA and bubble all these creepy fuckers.

Random question for JojoGAF: Favorite villains? Not having read Part 5 and not far in Part 8, I'd rank them:

1. Pucci
2. Kira
3. Dio
4. Valentine
5. Cars
Not reading part 5, huh? I can only assume you go to /vg/ or something.

Kira & Valentine are the two best antagonists, IMO.

Gazoinks

Not reading part 5, huh? I can only assume you go to /vg/ or something.

Kira & Valentine are the two best antagonists, IMO.

Haha, it's mainly because I'm waiting for the retranslation project to progress further. I've heard the translation of Part 5 isn't as hilariously terrible as DUWANG, but that it kind of butchers a lot of the character and makes everything seem flat.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom