• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jojo's Bizarre Adventure |OT| Get back, Stand up

Status
Not open for further replies.
Joseph's age in part 3 - whatever age Josuke was when he developed Crazy Diamond.

Also, pretty sure there are pictures of Kakyoin in a newer style in the artbooks (for example that one where everyone is dancing or something) and also the cover for Capcom fighting game.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Joseph's age in part 3 - whatever age Josuke was when he developed Crazy Diamond.

Also, pretty sure there are pictures of Kakyoin in a newer style in the artbooks (for example that one where everyone is dancing or something) and also the cover for Capcom fighting game.

Huh, I don't seem to see Kaky in the loading screens in the HD port, or maybe I'm confusing him with Jotaro.

And I guess that's a good way of looking at it. Didn't know Joseph was very virile.

The thing I wonder the most about Josuke is how he even happened in the first place. I assume Joseph was visiting Holly and Jotaro but how did he meet the Higashikatas and stuff?

lOaOEJt.jpg

So boss

Jocchan

Ὁ μεμβερος -ου
Let's not even mention the Jonathan in the redrawn cover for Phantom Blood he did which I'd link if only I could find the damn thing again :|

Dio also looked like Diavolo
These?

y1VrKM1.jpg
aXVwjz7.jpg

They both looked like flying clowns.

The only decent modern depiction of Jonathan is probably the cover of JoJonium 1, and that's just because it's kid Jonathan.

brUMNhS.jpg

That's got to be like, literally the only time child Jonathan has actually looked like a child in his entire existence really.

Also, eww, yes, exactly that cover.

The PS2 game's cover is not exactly the best depiction of those two either but it sure as hell beats that rerelease cover.

Also, this is the everyone dancing pic I mentioned in case anyone here hadn't seen it before

...Jojo's Venture?

Yeah that's what the first version of the game was called.

No these aren't the omnibus, that one was only one volume.

Edit: Google tells me that apparently they're from 2004. Huh I though they were newer for some reason.

SolarKnight said:
Edit: Google tells me that apparently they're from 2004. Huh I though they were newer for some reason.

Jojonium? That's new

- 17 volumes (1 per month, starting on December 4).
- A5 size.
- 1000 Yen per volume.
- This edition covers the first 3 parts (Phantom Blood, Battle Tendency and Stardust Crusaders).
- Brand new covers.
- Has color pages.
- Author talks about creation of characters.

According to post on JJBA forums, unlike the omnibuses these are printed on better quality paper

Ezalc

These?

y1VrKM1.jpg
aXVwjz7.jpg

They both looked like flying clowns.

What the hell are these things?

Is it me or is Araki liking the color green a lot?

The best color.

Semi-relevant question: Joseph's scarf, is it green and blue-ish or is it like purple? The anime with it's crazy color palette has both of these.

EDIT: One more question: Favorite Jojo merchandise you own or wish you had?

Gazoinks

I'm pretty sure Araki has said that he just colors things how he feels like and there's not really any canon colors for anything in the series. So... both?

What the hell are these things?

The best color.

Semi-relevant question: Joseph's scarf, is it green and blue-ish or is it like purple? The anime with it's crazy color palette has both of these.

EDIT: One more question: Favorite Jojo merchandise you own or wish you had?

Kira neck tie and pretty much all the ultra violence accessory stuff.

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Holy crap, Lotus Juice, the rapper from Persona 3, did some of the tracks on that Musik OST for Battle Tendency? Why am I only discovering this now. I need to hear that other collection of music.

Take it with a grain of salt for the moment, but apparently people are claiming that the latest Ultra Jump says:

-Part 3 will air in the spring 2014 season
-Voice actors will be different from All Star Battle and the cast will be announced at Jump Festa
-There will be changes to the story

Honestly, if true it'll be kindof a hype killer...

Zonic

Gives all the fucks
Why would the cast be different from All-Star Battle, considering they used the same ones from Part 1 & 2's anime for the game? Why not just use said actors from the game for the anime since they already have them & did a decent job?

It'll be interesting to see what exactly the changes are. I can understand they might leave out some stuff in order to fit 17 volumes into 26 episodes, considering Phantom Blood was 7 volumes told in 9 episodes.

Yonafunu

Hmmmm. Need more info.
Kind of a bummer though, other voice actors? I thought the ASB voice actors were perfect.
Really curious about the story changes. Maybe they're doing something about the coffin-situation?

Gazoinks

Take it with a grain of salt for the moment, but apparently people are claiming that the latest Ultra Jump says:

-Part 3 will air in the spring 2014 season
-Voice actors will be different from All Star Battle and the cast will be announced at Jump Festa
-There will be changes to the story

Voice actor changes are weird, but changes to the story could be nice. Part 3 has some pacing problems that could stand a bit of ironing.

jgminto

Not sure how I feel about potential plot changes. Could be Avdol but if they changed that they'd remove some great moments.

Hmmmm. Need more info.
Kind of a bummer though, other voice actors? I thought the ASB voice actors were perfect.
Really curious about the story changes. Maybe they're doing something about the coffin-situation?

They already showed the coffin at the end of the last season.

The only thing I'm almost 100% certain they're going to cut entirely is that girl that kept following them. Seriously her only role in the story was to get in the way nothing of value would be lost.

I just hope they actually animate all of the battles at least.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Wait, why are they not reusing the voice actors from the games? I thought they were great.

I wonder if they'll cut Mannish Boy, those two female characters who were playable in the Capcom fighter, and that desert guy who was stalking the gang (not the waterbender).

Wait, why are they not reusing the voice actors from the games? I thought they were great.

I wonder if they'll cut Mannish Boy, those two female characters who were playable in the Capcom fighter, and that desert guy who was stalking the gang (not the waterbender).
They better not cut the Mariah fight, that's one of Joseph's greatest moments.

wLyqEh4.jpg

Astarte

The 1993-2001 OVA lead me to believe all the fights where bad.

The only things the OVA did right was the D'Arby card fight and the Dio fight, seriously.

Yo if they do change some things, I hope they keep some of the humor in. The Sun was a pretty fun fight, since it's one of the only times Jotaro shows any emotion other than SMASHCOOL and IMINPAIN

So, another source has the same info but worded slightly differently enough to change the meaning of things

※ウルトラジャンプ12月号より
*From Ultra Jump December Issue

「ジョジョの奇妙な冒険 3部」2014年春より放送開始!
The broadcast of "Jojo's Bizarre Adventure Part 3" starts in Spring of 2014!
1部&2部総集編をMXにて2014年正月に放送!
A summary of parts 1 and 2 will be broadcast on MX in January of 2014!

・アクションメイン(スタンド戦)
-A focus on action (Stand fights)
・スピードワゴンが居ないから解説役をどうするか
-Since Speedwagon won't be there, who will have the commentator role? (Most likely talking about Jojo Radio here)
・ジャンプフェスタ2014で3部のメインキャスト発表
-The main cast for part 3 will be announced at Jump Festa 2014.
・1部→2部で絵柄をがらっと変えたから今回も変えたい
-There was a big change in the art style from parts 1-2, so we'd like to do the same this time.
・新しいことを盛り込んでいきたい(ジョジョの世界観を壊さず)
-We'd like to incorporate new elements. (Without damaging the Jojo world-view)
・基本理念は一緒
-The fundamental principals are the same
・荒木先生が漫画で出来なかったことをアニメで出来たらいいな、と
-We'd like to do things in the anime that Araki-sensei couldn't do in the manga.

http://ls57tiger.freepgs.com/jojo/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?p=169411#p169411

Erigu

・スピードワゴンが居ないから解説役をどうするか
-Since Speedwagon won't be there, who will have the commentator role? (Most likely talking about Jojo Radio here)
Nah, it's about who will explain the action during the show itself.
An odd concern. It's not like Araki's approach changed all that much after Part 2 anyway.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
I wonder if they'll include parts focusing on Dio such as
him meeting with Pucci and impregnating Giorno's mother?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom