• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Snow vs Grey Worm

Jon Snow vs Grey Worm

• Total voters

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
I give Grey Worm credit for commanding such an impressive army, we know Jon can handle himself, never forget his killcount. We'd have a few more episodes just covering this battle alone lol

Amey

Greyworm's a nobody.
More interesting comparison would be Daario with Arakh vs Jon with Longclaw.
Blame the fuckin D&D for not giving us this.

Someone who fought great darkness 8000 years back.
'Price that was promised' was probably just a false prophecy used to keep their religion moving forward.
Makes sense, but that leads to another question (not sure if it's explained in the books, i'm still in the beginning of the second one)... seeing how the NK and his minions operated, and that the only way (that we know of) to stop them would be to kill the NK, and knowing that he was still "alive" until the battle of Winterfell, is there any word on how he won that battle 8000 years ago?

Kenpachii

Greyworm dude is pretty much a born fighter, snow isn't. So i go with him.

However snow will win in the universe simple because of thicker plot armor.

Last edited:

pel1300

Jon Snow for the same reason Cap schools Spiderman and War Machine in CW. He is the main character and gets better with every fight

But a 2 handed Jaime easily beats either of them.

Last edited:

pel1300

Fu k them for not showing this. The greatest swordsman of the North and possibly Westeros after the Cleganes VS an elite Essos based warrior. Jon was the most effective among the 7 guys beyond the wall including Jorah and the Hound.

Last edited:

JimiNutz

Banned
The show clearly establishes that Jon is an unstoppable force that cannot be killed. No matter the odds Jon always prevails.

Fbh

Lmao. Tell us how you really feel my G.

Haha but it's the truth:
- Gets killed by his allies: unexpectedly gets revived
- About to get killed by zombies: unexpectedly gets saved by his uncle
- Is getting owned by Ramsay: unexpectedly gets saved by Sansa (and little finger)
- His stupid "lets get a zombie" plan is about to get everyone killed: gets saved by Dany
- Is about to be killed by a zombie dragon: unexpectedly gets saved by Arya killing the Nigh king

He has an amazing track record of wins for which he personally didn't do much

Last edited:

Tesseract

Banned
jon is assumed to be the greatest swordman that ever lived

raised by ned, trained by a master of arms, battle tested ...

surplus of testosterone means his muscles are bigger, his skeleton stronger

Last edited:

Jon Neu

Banned
GW wins because he is using a spear, and spear>sword.

Jon has a giant wolf with him, you know.

And book Jon has supernatural strength.

Considering Selmy got dropped by some hobos in a back alley after being supposedly the best swordsman alive who knows how D&D would write it out.

Jon Snow screamed at a dragon, he'll probably just scream at GW and activate his backup backup backup plot armor.

Well, that's the point of GoT, it's not Dragon Ball; the best fighter can still lose if he is outnumbered or if he faces an oponent that is good against his weaknesses or even if he just happens to have bad luck that day.

Keylime

Spoiler Tag Abuser
So i've watched a lot of spear vs. sword commentary on YouTube as a result of this thread...and the general consensus is that in scenarios where both fighters are of equal skill and experience, a spear beats a sword most of the time.

...but those same videos talk about how shields completely change the scenario up, not to mention armor.

Greyworm is wearing leather armor...which isn't really going to resist a ton. His spear length appears to be about ideal to deal with 1v1 combat (generally 7-8 feet long seems to be best for 1v1 combat).

Jon looks like he's traditionally using leather armor as well...so that's not super useful against spear...AND he's not rolling with a shield...

So based purely on sword vs. spear...I'd give it to spear.

But Jon still wins cause he's Aegon Flippin' Targaryean...not Cockless Anger Insect

Top Bottom