• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jon Stewart one-ups Stephen Colbert & John Oliver with new hosting gig

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'll always have a soft spot and love for wrestling mostly due to nostalgia. Still try to keep up with it every now and then but I can see why most new watchers think its stupid as shit especially with the current product. They need to to throw the whole guest host gimmick into a fire though. Nothing good has ever come out of it.
Shaq, Hugh Jackman, Bob Barker, and the Muppets' appearances alone validate the guest host era.

I'll always have a soft spot and love for wrestling mostly due to nostalgia. Still try to keep up with it every now and then but I can see why most new watchers think its stupid as shit especially with the current product. They need to to throw the whole guest host gimmick into a fire though. Nothing good has ever come out of it.
anigif_enhanced-9318-1416276399-20.gif

When Wrestling is great, it's the best show on Earth. I always love it when people like John Stewart are into it and you would never think they were fans. He gets it and he will be great.

His RAW spot was one of the better segments they have done in some time.

VoxPop

Its a shame though cause when they really care, they are capable of doing something great (Tyson, Mayweather, Rousey, Mr. T)

Even worse than Stewart hosting is Stardust wrestling a fake superhero for no real reason except to get a blip on E!

Its a shame though cause when they really care, they are capable of doing something great (Tyson, Mayweather, Rousey, Mr. T)

Even worse than Stewart hosting is Stardust wrestling a fake superhero for no real reason except to get a blip on E!

That's the only reason they ever have celebrities. It's not like they plan it good or bad to begin with. How good it is is largely based on the celebrity and how they fit. Arrow is in shape and loves the business. He will bust is ass and we will probably get a decent match out of it. Hell, Mayweather had no idea how to wrestle, but they carefully planned it out and practiced and it come out really well.

Aiii

So not worth it
Stephen Amell is in tremendous shape, very athletic too.

Just him jumping over the top rope and beating on Stardust was hype as fuck. Probably the thing I'm looking forward to most at SummerSlam.

Goliath

It's always interesting to see celebrities associating with wrestling. I mean between Jon Stewart and the actor from Arrow, it's an interesting dynamic.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
Sunday's SummerSlam is already a star-studded affair: In addition to an appearance from Stewart, a title-vs.-title clash between Rollins and U.S. champ John Cena, and a much-anticipated throwdown between Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker, Arrow star Stephen Amell is in a tag-team match with Adrian Neville vs. Stardust and Wade Barrett.

The WWE flexes its considerable muscle.
iOu4ANv.gif

Sunday's SummerSlam is already a star-studded affair: In addition to an appearance from Stewart, a title-vs.-title clash between Rollins and U.S. champ John Cena, and a much-anticipated throwdown between Brock Lesnar and the Undertaker, Arrow star Stephen Amell is in a tag-team match with Adrian Neville vs. Stardust and Wade Barrett.
After they shit themselves at Cena's merch dip, I can't take that title match seriously. I would be AMAZED if Rollins actually won :p

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
After they shit themselves at Cena's merch dip, I can't take that title match seriously. I would be AMAZED if Rollins actually won :p

Ah, no way that'll happen. 16 time champion John Cena coming! Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

VIRIGIC.gif

jmdajr

He might. All depends on how HHH feels about Cena tying Ric Flair's record.

King of Kings is Liquidsnake's only hope!

DeathyBoy

Banned
Stephen Amell is in tremendous shape, very athletic too.

Just him jumping over the top rope and beating on Stardust was hype as fuck. Probably the thing I'm looking forward to most at SummerSlam.

I know, right?

And he cut a better promo than 90% of the roster. I mean look, wrestling is dumb as fuck and goofy... but that doesn't mean it can't have moments of greatness.

D

Deleted member 47027

Unconfirmed Member
I know, right?

And he cut a better promo than 90% of the roster. I mean look, wrestling is dumb as fuck and goofy... but that doesn't mean it can't have moments of greatness.

Hey now. I dunno if dumb as fuck or goofy is the word
0Uqy7VL.gif

gWGJxba.gif

veg6ijW.gif

I stand corrected.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom