• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Joran van der Sloot (remember this guy?) primary suspect in 21 year old's murder

Status
Not open for further replies.
elrechazao said:
He did fess up to the first one, on hidden camera.

Two years ago, a Dutch television crime reporter captured hidden-camera footage of Van der Sloot saying he was with Holloway when she collapsed on a beach, drunk.

He said believed she was dead and asked a friend to dump her body in the sea.

Judges subsequently refused to arrest van der Sloot on the basis of the tape.

Yup.

LQX

Z_Y said:
nancy_grace_036.jpg
Damn I hate that women. It should be a crime the way she exploits the disappearance and murder of children. Every time I flip pass her show the headline is always "BREAKING NEWS" in bright red. Whats really scary though is that she has a co-hosts that mimics her.

Hari Seldon

Davedough said:
Who is this guy and why am I supposed to remember him?

He murdered a decent looking 18 year old American chick in Aruba, a popular US East Coast tourist destination. However he got away with it because of the inept Aruban police force and his dad was a high powered guy (don't remember exactly) in Aruba.

This case got a lot of media attention in the US and in Holland due to the popularity of Aruba as a tourist spot, the fact that the chick was good looking, and the worried fear of parents letting their kids go on "spring break" in places with dubious law enforcement (i.e. anywhere in the Caribbean).

Hari Seldon said:
:lol :lol :lol

Oh this case is going to be huge all over again now.

Yup. Gonna be all over the networks now... 2005 all over again... which is exactly what he was hoping for apparently.

dabig2

Hari Seldon said:
He murdered a decent looking 18 year old American chick in Aruba, a popular US East Coast tourist destination. However he got away with it because of the inept Aruban police force and his dad was a high powered guy (don't remember exactly) in Aruba.

This case got a lot of media attention in the US and in Holland due to the popularity of Aruba as a tourist spot, the fact that the chick was a good looking, wealthy white girl, and the worried fear of parents letting their kids go on "spring break" in places with dubious law enforcement (i.e. anywhere in the Caribbean).

fix'd

MMaRsu

Banned
confuziz said:
Rumour has it that Joran killed himself near the border, but take this with a huge grain of salt.

So where did you hear it? I really doubt it though.. he doesn't seem like he would do that after all this time.

lupin23rd

MMaRsu said:
So where did you hear it? I really doubt it though.. he doesn't seem like he would do that after all this time.
Saw this retweeted a few times already but yeah if it's true wouldn't somene have picked it up?

Update:

Authorities in Chile confirmed that van der Sloot entered their country on May 31 and there is no record of him leaving. Police inspector Douglas Rodriguez in Arica told The Associated Press that police are searching hotels and residences in northern Chile for the suspect.

confuziz said:
Rumour has it that Joran killed himself near the border, but take this with a huge grain of salt.

A couple of unreputable sites are reporting this but there's no evidence at all. It also appears he's fled to Argentina instead of Chile.

Big-ass Ramp

hella bullets that's true
confuziz said:

I can't tell if I rather see him off himself or face what may be limited justice.

AndyD

aka andydumi
LQX said:
Damn I hate that women. It should be a crime the way she exploits the disappearance and murder of children. Every time I flip pass her show the headline is always "BREAKING NEWS" in bright red. Whats really scary though is that she has a co-hosts that mimics her.

I saw her give a speech at my sister's graduation and I almost had to walk out. It was effectively an alarmist and depressing tale that somehow had herself as the poor, pitiable character. I wanted to walk up and punch her in the face. I rarely get as angry as I do when I see her and her awful show.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
AndyD said:
I saw her give a speech at my sister's graduation and I almost had to walk out. It was effectively an alarmist and depressing tale that somehow had herself as the poor, pitiable character. I wanted to walk up and punch her in the face. I rarely get as angry as I do when I see her and her awful show.

I think Nancy Grace and Ann Coulter are neck-and-neck in a race to determine the winner of the "Most Despicable Woman on the Planet" award.

Baron Aloha said:

Wow...hope they get this punk.

I thought this account was fake...

Apparently the police and Interpol in Chile, Argentina and Colombia are all looking for him now. If they don't catch this guy it's going to be a shitstorm. Pretty damn embarrassing for the Dutch government too.

Barrett2

mre said:
I think Nancy Grace and Ann Coulter are neck-and-neck in a race to determine the winner of the "Most Despicable Woman on the Planet" award.

But without Nancy Grace, how are we going to find out which 9 year old white girl was abducted and raped last week? How will I know?!?!

Guys, he killed a rich businessman's daughter in Peru. I know prison rape is bad and a terrible injustice to the incarcerated, but this guy is going to be gang raped to death before his case even gets to trial.

Alucrid

Banned
Inflammable Slinky said:
Guys, he killed a rich businessman's daughter in Peru. I know prison rape is bad and a terrible injustice to the incarcerated, but this guy is going to be gang raped to death before his case even gets to trial.

I see no problems here.

Mad Max

Inflammable Slinky said:

I don't think so, he'll probably get beaten up a bit, but I still expect him to be treated better than most people there in prison. Because even though he deserves it that would be bad international PR for Chile/Peru.

Inflammable Slinky said:
I was hoping for some sort of internet community manhunt through South America, but glad they caught that douche.

His father being a high powered judge in Aruba won't help him now (besides the fact that he died a couple years ago).

I think it was mainly the lack of any hard evidence that helped him, because even if his father was powerful, everybody knew he was atleast involved in her disappearance.

Mad Max said:
I don't think so, he'll probably get beaten up a bit, but I still expect him to be treated better than most people there in prison. Because even though he deserves it that would be bad international PR for Chile/Peru.

I think it was mainly the lack of any hard evidence that helped him, because even if his father was powerful, everybody knew he was atleast involved in her disappearance.

No, I mean the businessman is literally going to place a bounty on his head. And not the "Kill him" bounty, the "torture him to such a degree that he will wish he is dead, then torture him some more, then kill him" bounty.

For hard cases in corrupt prison systems (hello Peru) this is a tuesday for him.

CrankyJay

Banned
Heh, I just did a Google search on "Peruvian Prison" and this is one of the images that showed up...

Have fun, Joran! :lol

xin_3609012509438351332911.jpg

Mad Max said:

Why would it be bad PR? Doesn't everyone want him to be beaten to death?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom