• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PS4) Vinyl soundtrack announced

coolasj19

Why are you reading my tag instead of the title of my post?
Soooo uhhhhh
How do I frame this thing?
I'm not gonna put a goddamn thumbtack on a $60 piece.
Do I go the shipping route or just something local? This is new territory for me.

WEGGLES

Soooo uhhhhh
Do I go the shipping route or just something local? This is new territory for me.
Lp frames are easy to find online. Or are you talking about the print?

LaneDS

Soooo uhhhhh

For non-standard frame sizes (check a local store, like Michaels if those are nearby) you can use a site like http://www.americanframe.com/

Good frames often cost more than prints, so you can go super cheap or super expensive with most.

I got my print in today, but I haven't opened it yet because I don't have a frame yet. I did notice on the site the print is listed as 12x36, but at Michaels/AC Moore they seem to only have 11 3/4 x 36 frames... is the size on the site listed correct, or will I have to pay for a goddamn custom frame after all?

coolasj19

I got my print in today, but I haven't opened it yet because I don't have a frame yet. I did notice on the site the print is listed as 12x36, but at Michaels/AC Moore they seem to only have 11 3/4 x 36 frames... is the size on the site listed correct, or will I have to pay for a goddamn custom frame after all?
lol. Of course you will, probably =P
It's like the hotdogs and hotdog buns situation.

Duxxy3

Maybe a coincidence, but massdrop is having a good deal on u-turn turntables. Would be my first turn table if I were interested in vinyl I had any money.

coolasj19

Well, I've narrowed it down to 4 choices in terms of frames.
Amazon said:
Amazon said:
Walmart said:
ebay said:

Sorry for so so many question. But I am a scrub at this. I'm that women at Gamestop who ask if Call of Duty is right for their 9 year old. Really, I just need to know which one will turn out least ugly. I don't know but I feel like all that wood curvature wouldn't really go with this print. Leaning heavy towards the matte from Walmart and Amazon but those prices... I'm not buying art work again. Journey is a beyond special exception.

Ark

I'm going with the Amazon one myself.

EDIT: My print arrived today! It's gorgeous and oh man is that paper heavy-duty. I love it. Now I'm just waiting for my frame to arrive from Amazon and I'll be able to hang it up :D

I looked at my print and was just stunned, I need this on my wall asap.

I'm looking at those two Amazon frames and I'm undecided on which one to get... I just don't know which would make the print look better. I have a few other posters/prints in frames similar to the $30 Amazon one, but I'm wondering if the flat black one for $50 would be that much better. Hmm...

Wow. What happens next?

Sounds like we won't have to wait too next for the replacements, plus we get a 20% coupon for future orders.

Here's the full text:

The status of your Journey vinyl order.

Last week iam8bit received thousands of completed Journey vinyl sets straight from the plant, on time as planned.

Upon reviewing a few of the vinyl, we discovered a quality control issue that prompted us to systematically go through the records box by box. We unfortunately found the problem to be consistent and widespread throughout the run.

iam8bit has a reputation for releasing quality, upstanding products, so to us… this defect is unacceptable.

Luckily, this discovery, though disheartening, was made before sending you an unsatisfactory product. While we were super excited to ship the Journey vinyl last week, we have no choice but to delay shipping until the plant can deliver a version that meets our high standards. We do not have a specific date of completion yet, but we expect an update very soon. You will NOT be waiting an excessive amount of time - that is certain.

We understand that many of you have been eagerly awaiting your vinyl and we humbly apologize for this delay. As a tissue with which to soak up your disappointment, and as a thank you for your patience, we’d like to offer you a 20% discount on a future iam8bit purchase. Please expect a personalized discount code to be emailed to you by late next week.

Love,

iam8bit

Amon-Lau

Did anyone get any updates to their shipping since the 22nd? Is it stuck on "pre-shipping info" for you guys as well?

LaneDS

Mine arrived last week and is pretty rad looking (haven't listened yet though). Got a shipping notification on 10/20 and was delivered on 10/24, if that helps you any.

Amon-Lau

That is distressing, sent them an email asking about what's going so hopefully they'll sort it out...
Was hoping I wasn't the only one...

Yeah I still haven't got shipping confirmation or anything since their last update announcing a late October plan for distribution. Disappointing. Even more disappointing, is that they still haven't put up the Uncharted vinyl collection up for preorder despite saying it'd be before Halloween. What gives?

I have mine in hand. It is so pretty. I don't know if I would have let a needle touch it but I no longer have my turntable and I forgot I ordered this beauty ha. Life is weird

Top Bottom