• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Journey (PSN) - thatgamecompany's new game!!! (Game Releases in Spring 2012)

Big B said:
in the Journey post at Indiegames Blog, there are 171 comments, many of them resulting from Flytrap(XBLIG) creater going insane and accusing thatgamecompany of stealing his ideas. He also believes all the other comments are made personally by Jenova Chen and his PR guy to try to make him seem paranoid.

threadworthy maybe? it's pretty funny

wow :lol

if this somehow results in a lawsuit and the game being cancelled I will destroy every flower in my yard and start wearing a black baret for months on end!

Big B

TheJollyCorner said:
wow :lol

if this somehow results in a lawsuit and the game being cancelled I will destroy every flower in my yard and start wearing a black baret for months on end!

lol that's pretty unlikely. First of all Flytrap is a space invader game and I think Adam Craote (the creater) is insinuating that they stole the idea/concept of a "journey".

Captain Pants

Killed by a goddamned Dredgeling
rc3i3t.jpg

mwdrfd.jpg

"They stole mah game!"

Comedy gold.

RavenFox

Banned
BlazingDarkness said:
x 1,000,000
nyprimus2 said:
FRESH ONLINE ADVENTURE – Players explore a mysterious world, discovering its hidden history. People are free to travel alone, or adventure with strangers that they meet along the way.

All over my sweet tittays.
:lol :lol

Big B said:
in the Journey post at Indiegames Blog, there are 171 comments, many of them resulting from Flytrap(XBLIG) creater going insane and accusing thatgamecompany of stealing his ideas. He also believes all the other comments are made personally by Jenova Chen and his PR guy to try to make him seem paranoid.

A quick Google search shows that this isn't the first time that he's gone nuts in a comment section

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4213/pondering_indie_spirit_derek_yu_.php

It's him having a meltdown because he can't get anyone to cover his game. He also gives us this epic line

Miyamoto never had to work for press like this.

We go behind closed doors with the creators of the Deadliest Warrior: The Game and reveal never-before-seen characters, highlight the weapons behind the mayhem, and get feedback from the cast of the show as they get hands on with the game for the first time. Plus, we debut the first InFamous 2 gameplay, take a first look at Sony's next existential voyage: Journey, and highlight the first space combat from Halo Reach since E3.

http://www.spike.com/show/20265?tabId=29577&fxn=getTabMembers

SamBishop

Banned
SolidSnakex said:
A quick Google search shows that this isn't the first time that he's gone nuts in a comment section

http://www.gamasutra.com/view/feature/4213/pondering_indie_spirit_derek_yu_.php

It's him having a meltdown because he can't get anyone to cover his game. He also gives us this epic line

I feel really, really bad for that kid. His self-entitlement and complete dismissal of any sort of constructive criticism for his game is incredible. He seems able to take it when it comes to anything outside the game but instantly reverts to "this is the best game I've ever played" mode almost instantly when asked about his own impressions of the game.

He would be so very, very wise to simply let that one go and move on to the next idea rather than trying to kick-start a product he's obviously way too close with to remain in any way understanding of negative views.

I really do wish him luck with future attempts at making games, and if he is the guy shitting up the Journey comments in that IndieGames article, I genuinely feel pity for him. Pity and complete disgust that he was so coddled growing up that he was allowed to have temper tantrums and completely "lalalalalalalalalala NOT LISTENING" when someone tried to offer their take on the game. Dude needs to ply all that apparent talent we're all clearly not seeing into a second potential blockbuster.

[edit] Annnnnd apparently it was all a troll so nevermind!

Also, hooooooooly shit was this a derail, and I'm sorry for that. Journey looks absolutely incredible.

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
Big B said:

Is this real? :lol WTF is going on there? :lol :lol :lol

Looks like professional trolling to me. :lol

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.
I just read the whole (yes, THE WHOLE) blog about flytrap an Journey.

OH MY FUCKING GOD!!!!!!!! :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol :lol

When I first looked at Journey, the first time that came to my head was Team ICO. Clearly I was wrong and Coate was right. Thatgamecompany shot themselves in the foot!!!

Torillian

Neo Member
I never love watching GTTV since it means watching a few minutes of Manswers (an absolutely terrible show), but this was definitely the worst yet. Not only was the entire show about that Deadliest Warrior game which obviously only got its own episode because GTTV is on Spike, but the Infamous 2 gameplay was leaked earlier today and they didn't even show the Journey stuff which was the whole reason I watched. Utter disappointment. I really wanted to see some footage of Journey to go along with the impressions I've read, buddy of mine got to see it at E3 and was quite adamant that it looks amazing.

Is this a regular thing with GTTV, by which I mean promising something that they totally do not deliver? I've only ever watched it around 3 times.

Cerberus

FFFUUUU.....

Had a feeling it wouldn't be in the show since it wasn't even mentioned in the promo.

Someone lied to us. :mad:

The next two episodes of GTTV are going to be repeats, so we probably won't be seeing footage for a while unless Sony releases it on their own.

noah111

Still Alive
Parallax Scroll said:
I hope it doesn't suck as bad as Flower.
Oh, it's gonna suck WAAAAY more than Flower, if you thought that sucked.

Seriously though, the online part of this is sooo intriguing, much potential there imo.

slider

-PXG- said:
LTTP. Just saw this today. Looks great.

I came in prepared for an awful bump. Guess I wasn't disappointed.

EDIT: Dammit, on a new page. Ignore everyone, nothing new to see.

Top Bottom