• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

July 2015 Xbox One Preview Update

DesertFox

Has anyone tried streaming via vpn? That would be ideal for gaming on the go for games that aren't dependant on precise controls
I just tried this via my cell phones 4G hotspot connection and it didn't quite work. I got audio but no video. So the VPN works in theory but perhaps I need different circumstances. I'll try a faster connection or maybe lower stream settings over the 4G connection and see if I can get it to work.

link1201

New Update June 29, 2015

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150626-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 6/29 (2AM GMT 30/6)

CHANGES
◾Fixes for developer scenarios.
KNOWN ISSUES
◾TED App: You may encounter an issue when loading the TED app where your local save file is corrupt and needs to be recreated. ◾Please use Report a problem if this occurs to you!
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. ◾Workaround: Hard reboot the console.

link1201

New updates to the Xbox app through windows 10 preview.
Earlier this month, we made some big announcements at E3 about bringing two highly-anticipated features to Xbox One preview program members—Xbox One Backward Compatibility and game streaming from your Xbox One to a Windows 10 PC. Today, we’re sharing even more new Xbox on Windows 10 features launching in preview this month.

1506 xbox on windows - Updated

Xbox on Windows 10

First up, new features for the Xbox on Windows 10 app:
◾My Games – As you install games from the Windows Store, they will appear in your My Games list. Additionally, you can manually add games to your collection by selecting My games > Add a game from your PC. Also, there is now a Featured games section on the home screen, below your Recently played list.
◾Game hubs – You can now launch a local PC game from its game hub, view details about the game in the Windows Store, and find and follow People to Watch for a given game. Additionally, for Xbox One games, you can now choose Play from console to initiate a game streaming session from a game hub page.
◾Share with your friends – You can share your achievements to your Activity feed and Showcase just like you do on Xbox One. You can also share your Xbox One Game clips or Screenshots listed under Game DVR > Shared to your Activity Feed and Showcase.
◾Xbox avatars – We renamed the Avatars app on Windows 10 to Xbox Avatars and the layout and iconography have been updated to final designs. In this month’s preview, there is a “Take a photo” feature so you can pose your avatar and snap a photo.
◾Xbox account – In preview, you can sign in to Xbox on Windows 10 with any account, and create a new Xbox account if you do not already have one.

You will need Build 10158 of Windows 10 installed on your PC, then the Xbox on Windows 10 app should automatically update to the new preview version when it becomes available in the Windows Store. Once you receive the update, your version number should be 6.6.27004.00000 or higher. You can verify the version number of the Xbox on Windows 10 app under Settings.

Xbox One Preview

Please continue sending your feedback on the two amazing new features we launched in Xbox One preview earlier this month – Xbox One Backward Compatibility and game streaming. In addition, the team is continuing to test the Miracast functionality in the Wireless Display app and appreciates your patience while we iron out the kinks.

Stay tuned for more great Xbox features coming your way on Xbox One and Xbox on Windows 10. And don’t forget to let us know what you think at Xbox Feedback. For more information about the latest system update, check out Xbox Wire
http://majornelson.com/2015/06/30/new-xbox-features-in-preview-on-windows-10-and-xbox-one/?linkId=15230489

yLEFTy

I just tried this via my cell phones 4G hotspot connection and it didn't quite work. I got audio but no video. So the VPN works in theory but perhaps I need different circumstances. I'll try a faster connection or maybe lower stream settings over the 4G connection and see if I can get it to work.

Thanks for the reply...hopefully they can get it working in future updates

Meowtor

Gold Member
Sorry if this has been answered already but any updates on streaming party chat while you play? Kind of a killer when doing co-op and people can't hear other players with me while streaming..

Your Xbox must have missed an update. They're typically in the 200MB range as a differential from version to version (A to B), but it will download the entire system (as 2GB) if it goes from A to C.

Ah OK, thanks. I was thinking something had gone wrong.. that seemed huge.

link1201

New update July 2, 2015
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150701-2309
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/2 (2AM GMT 3/7)
CHANGES
◾A fix for the Parental Restriction settings not displaying correctly. We are aware that not all languages are localized with these settings and a fix is in process.
KNOWN ISSUES
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
◾Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!

link1201

New Update July 6, 2015.
DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1507.150702-2154
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/6 (2AM GMT 7/7)

CHANGES
◾A fix for Parental Restriction settings being fully localized.

KNOWN ISSUES
◾Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
◾Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!

JeffG

Looks like I will have to upgrade my build of Windows 10 and see if I can stream now. (I'm on the Slow track)

link1201

Looks like I will have to upgrade my build of Windows 10 and see if I can stream now. (I'm on the Slow track)

It's worked ok to good for me so far playing witcher 3 while my wife wanted to watch tv. I wouldn't use it for MP games yet at least on my setup.

JeffG

Wait don't you need windows 10? isnt the release at the 29th?

There is a preview version of Windows 10.

I have been running it on my ASUS T100 tablet for the last few months.

I am just a couple of version behind. (MS has two update tracks. Slow and Fast) That determines how often you get updated. I am on the slow so my version of Win 10 doesn't work with the XBox one

louiedog

There is a preview version of Windows 10.

I have been running it on my ASUS T100 tablet for the last few months.

I am just a couple of version behind. (MS has two update tracks. Slow and Fast) That determines how often you get updated. I am on the slow so my version of Win 10 doesn't work with the XBox one

Is your Xbox app up to date? My desktop is on the slow release channel and I've been streaming.

JeffG

Is your Xbox app up to date? My desktop is on the slow release channel and I've been streaming.

I was going by this

You will need Build 10158 of Windows 10 installed on your PC, then the Xbox on Windows 10 app should automatically update

My build ends in 30 IIRC (10130 ???? I am not at my tablet, so I don't remember the exact number)

I know I tried the "Test Stream" and my XBox one said I started streaming, but my tablet just timed out

etta

my hard graphic balls
Wonder if we'll see any new features get put in before the NXE? Or just expect it in a month or two to start testing?
Major said on reddit that no new features because the team is busy working on the new dashboard, so I would say no, we will not see anything between now and the new dashboard.

louiedog

I was going by this

My build ends in 30 IIRC (10130 ???? I am not at my tablet, so I don't remember the exact number)

I know I tried the "Test Stream" and my XBox one said I started streaming, but my tablet just timed out

The test stream didn't work on my tablet (fast build) but streaming works okay. I didn't try the test on my desktop, but I've been streaming TW3 to it while the TV is in use and it's been working great for the last week. My desktop is on 10130.

edit: I guess it might be possible that having the fast build on my tablet triggered a later version of the xbox app to be associated with my account which then downloaded on my slow build machine. I'd still give it a try though.

Larogue

Where is the windows 10 on xbox update?

Windows 10 is out in less than 3 weeks, and we haven't a single Windows 10 feature on Preview build let alone the live build.

JeffG

The test stream didn't work on my tablet (fast build) but streaming works okay. I didn't try the test on my desktop, but I've been streaming TW3 to it while the TV is in use and it's been working great for the last week. My desktop is on 10130.

edit: I guess it might be possible that having the fast build on my tablet triggered a later version of the xbox app to be associated with my account which then downloaded on my slow build machine. I'd still give it a try though.

Thanks for the info.

Either way I will bump up a version and I should be good to go

Bsigg12

Windows 10 is out in less than 3 weeks, and we haven't a single Windows 10 feature on Preview build let alone the live build.

At E3, they said fall this year for the Windows 10 update so maybe we see it in the Preview Program in August.

JeffG

If you are talking about the OS. I am sure they would rather deal with one set of change at a time.

They just updated the XBox One to stream to Win 10

The Win 10 XBox one version I imagine will be along later in summer/fall

I believe as of early this week slow ring was updated to 10162, which is the same as the fast ring at this point. Might want to check Windows Update.
Wonder if we'll see any new features get put in before the NXE? Or just expect it in a month or two to start testing?

I doubt it. Hoping they do the NXE for multiple months in preview so we get the first wave of it in the next month or two...

etta

my hard graphic balls
So, not sure if this has been asked, but do preview builds affect game performance at all?

Bsigg12

August update going live here shortly

The first update of the August preview will be available to all Preview members beginning at 6PM on 7/15. This initial update contains minor non-user facing changes.

HOW TO GET IT

If your console is in Instant-On mode, it will download and install the update and reboot to standby.
NOTE: Once the update is available to your wave (Today is only available to the initial wave), you can manually begin the update by navigating to Settings > System and selecting System Update.
If your console hasn’t downloaded and installed the update by 1:00AM PT 07/17/2015, you will be prompted to do so at that time.

DETAILS

OS version released: xb_rel_1508.150712-2200
Available: 6:00PM PT 7/15 (2AM GMT 16/7)

CHANGES

Minor changes (non user-facing).

KNOWN ISSUES

Mass Effect Backward Compatibility: When streaming Mass Effect using Twitch through Snap, a black bar is output on the stream output (both in the browser and through the Twitch app).
Turtle Beach Elite 800X Headset: Participants using this headset are unable to hear the host when moving from one party to another party.
Xbox Fitness: When resuming from Instant-On mode and with Xbox Fitness suspended, you may encounter a frozen Kinect preview image, and Kinect interaction will not resume. Workaround: Hard reboot the console.
Please report any issues you discover via the Report a problem feature or in the forums!

Thank you for your participation in the Preview program!

This is as good a place as any to ask this I guess:

I just got an external, and it won't let me move my (disc-based) GTA V install over because it's not finished installing. I installed it fully at the time, but did delete the 14gb of reserved space it had.

If I select "Finish installing," it quickly goes to 100% with an "update." That's without using the disc.

What's up with that?

Top Bottom