• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

June Wrasslin' |OT| Powered by Bluekaveli

RBH

Otunga_original_crop_north.jpg

David Otunga discusses his new role as commentator for WWE Main Event and WWE Superstars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DSmIyBofDtk

I'm happy for him especially being one of the nexus originals. Even though he's a Harvard graduate.

According to Obunga, law was only his fallback career. How smart do you have to be to have Harvard as a fallback!? And, at least as of 2 years ago, the man is undefeated in the courtroom.

LiIZUgw.jpg

Obunga da best

Cagey

Banned
A shame the MITB is so far away from Wrestlemania given the Shield teasing.

Charlotte has gotten awesome out of the ring.

Apollo and Ryder should form a tag team called Black and Tan. Though I figure they'd slot Ziggler in there instead.
According to Obunga, law was only his fallback career. How smart do you have to be to have Harvard as a fallback!?
A degree from YLS, HLS, CLS, etc keeps the legal door open for a long time no matter what sojourns and detours you take in your career. The network and name brands are no joke.

According to Obunga, law was only his fallback career. How smart do you have to be to have Harvard as a fallback!? And, at least as of 2 years ago, the man is undefeated in the courtroom.

LiIZUgw.jpg

Obunga da best
I'm interested to know what else he wanted to do. He's certainly one of the most interesting characters that they have. Too bad they didn't really capitalize on making him a real gimmick like IRS. Just seeing him interact and tell Taker he's the real judge and jury is enough to make me scream.

e0d92c48150a4671abd93cc70d3cd507

klonere

Banned
Kobashi is running his Fortune Dream Produce thing this morning. I have no idea who is on it or what the lineup is but people are talking about it.

Ck5qovHWEAArLcU.jpg:small

EDIT:

oh wait holy shit here is a lineup, match number 3 please

1. Fortune Dream 3 Special Talk Battle: Kenta Kobashi vs. Kensuke Sasaki
2. Destruction of Dream: Katsuhiko Nakajima & Shuji Ishikawa vs. Kohei Sato & Maybach Taniguchi
3. Fortune Dream: Yuji Okabayashi & Go Shiozaki vs. Yuji Hino & Daisuke Sekimoto

Angle vs Sabre is up: https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/angle-vs-sabre-(full-event)/48176
0ocZW6Hl.png

I wouldn't say you have to check out Angle/Sabre, Angle couldn't really do much, and it's a very short match. The atmosphere made it more than worth it live, but I don't know if that'll translate.

Ospreay vs Bailey is really good as well, as is the rest of the card (though I went for a piss during the tag match, so I can't comment, but Garrett and Redman are super dull and generic, bar their finisher combo).

klonere

Banned
Angle vs Sabre is up: https://rpwondemand.pivotshare.com/media/angle-vs-sabre-(full-event)/48176
0ocZW6Hl.png

I wouldn't say you have to check out Angle/Sabre, Angle couldn't really do much, and it's a very short match. The atmosphere made it more than worth it live, but I don't know if that'll translate.

Ospreay vs Bailey is really good as well, as is the rest of the card (though I went for a piss during the tag match, so I can't comment, but Garrett and Redman are super dull and generic, bar their finisher combo).

Definitely getting the RevPro on demand once I am finished up with SSS16.

What did you think of End/Hero btw? I really went in expecting something special but I dunno, they needed like 35 minutes for the type of match they had laid out. They beat the "exchange big strikes while staying on your feet" spot into the ground, it might have worked if they had just done a regular match for the previous 30 minutes. Maybe if I had managed to stay unspoiled on the results the drama of the closing sequence would have hit me more.

What did you think of End/Hero btw? I really went in expecting something special but I dunno, they needed like 35 minutes for the type of match they had laid out. They beat the "exchange big strikes while staying on your feet" spot into the ground, it might have worked if they had just done a regular match for the previous 30 minutes. Maybe if I had managed to stay unspoiled on the results the drama of the closing sequence would have hit me more.

I loved it, but I haven't rewatched it since the show. Hero had my top 3 matches of the weekend, and I would have to rewatch to put Mandrews or End as #1.

MC Safety

Natalya Niedhart is one of the worst interviews in wrestling. She's been around for years and hasn't improved one bit. If it's possible, she may have gotten worse.

She recently did an interview with Tom Phillips and Becky Lynch on WWE's Facebook page. The gist of it was Becky and Natalya are going to beat Charlotte and Dana, etc., at Money in the Bank.

First, Natalya says she and Becky have "this crazy thing in common ... tapping out" and has to correct herself. This is normal Natalya misspeak, but then she proceeds to listen to Becky who makes some odd point Phillips bringing his GI Joes because playtime is now in session before walking off.

Natalya then says, "I think what's she's trying to say is playtime is over."

klonere

Banned
I loved it, but I haven't rewatched it since the show. Hero had my top 3 matches of the weekend, and I would have to rewatch to put Mandrews or End as #1.

Well the crowd brought up every single match, so props on that. I think the Mandrews match is my #1.

BUT THE FINAL WAS GOING TO BE HASKINS/END ARRRRR

Natalya Niedhart is one of the worst interviews in wrestling. She's been around for years and hasn't improved one bit. If it's possible, she may have gotten worse.

She recently did an interview with Tom Phillips and Becky Lynch on WWE's Facebook page. The gist of it was Becky and Natalya are going to beat Charlotte and Dana, etc., at Money in the Bank.

First, Natalya says she and Becky have "this crazy thing in common ... tapping out" and has to correct herself. This is normal Natalya misspeak, but then she proceeds to listen to Becky who makes some odd point Phillips bringing his GI Joes because playtime is now in session before walking off.

Natalya then says, "I think what's she's trying to say is playtime is over."

I think Nattie might just suck. .

klonere

Banned
So for those wondering why Corgan is now a minority stakeholder in TNA, per the Meltz

Dean Broadhead had 12 hours to find interim financing in order to pay the production crew. Corgan stepped up.

l m a o

Recall

Because Chris Hero is the fucking shits.

He knows how to have 1 type of match. It's been the same since the IWA-MS days.

Recall

Well this is the wrongest thing I've read today.

Really, when every Hero match is the exact same formula?

He loves to be long winded in every match, and yet struggles with the most basic of things. He has years of work, and hundreds of matches that back that up. His routine is tired and his idea of mixing things up is just holding the holds for longer.

klonere

Banned
Really, when every Hero match is the exact same formula?

He loves to be long winded in every match, and yet struggles with the most basic of things. He has years of work, and hundreds of matches that back that up. His routine is tired and his idea of mixing things up is just holding the holds for longer.

I have no idea what your talking about. His match with Mandrews was short, sweet and excellent with a great big man/small man story. His series with ZSJ has been unbelievable and he works so well at making a man at least 100 pounds smaller than him look like a threat. His matches with Thatcher have saved the man's Evolve title run and each one builds on stuff from other matches. He made Colt fucking Cabana look like a legit contender when he tagged with him against Killer Elite Squad over in NOAH. His match with Big Daddy Walther was just a joy to watch and he took some disgusting lariats. His mic work is head and shoulders above nearly everyone else on the scene. The knockout gimmick he runs in Evolve makes every match unpredictable. The way he looks and moves just makes him feel like a legitimately dangerous person.

Yes, he can be excessive at times and I think End brings out the worst in him (letting End kick out of a top rope Gotch piledriver, come on, even after a super delayed pin) but he is absolutely one of the top 5 wrestlers in the world right now.

Recall

I have no idea what your talking about. His match with Mandrews was short, sweet and excellent with a great big man/small man story. His series with ZSJ has been unbelievable and he works so well at making a man at least 100 pounds smaller than him look like a threat. His matches with Thatcher have saved the man's Evolve title run and each one builds on stuff from other matches. He made Colt fucking Cabana look like a legit contender when he tagged with him against Killer Elite Squad over in NOAH. His match with Big Daddy Walther was just a joy to watch and he took some disgusting lariats. His mic work is head and shoulders above nearly everyone else on the scene. The knockout gimmick he runs in Evolve makes every match unpredictable. The way he looks and moves just makes him feel like a legitimately dangerous person.

Yes, he can be excessive at times and I think End brings out the worst in him (letting End kick out of a top rope Gotch piledriver, come on, even after a super delayed pin) but he is absolutely one of the top 5 wrestlers in the world right now.

You enjoy what you enjoy. His matches do zero for me.

Catching up on RAW and people can say what they want but Korporate Kane is the best Kane. I get he probably wants to keep wrestling but this is the best spot for him.

I would've taken him and Big Show as an Authority sponsored tag team in NXT but the show has moved away from that.

Top Bottom