• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
This. So many fans in tears in the trailer OT at the thought of a hybrid dino. People literally saying "I was going to see this until the hybrid info came out".

I honestly thought Jurassic Park 3 was the one that would have hybrid dinosaurs in it. One of the games for the movie had that in it I think and the trailers showed that run down lab if I remember right.

I was actually disappointed that it didn't, and I hope that JP4 does it justice.

I honestly thought Jurassic Park 3 was the one that would have hybrid dinosaurs in it. One of the games for the movie had that in it I think and the trailers showed that run down lab if I remember right.

I was actually disappointed that it didn't, and I hope that JP4 does it justice.

This actually brings to mind the scene in JP3 when Billy notes that he didn't remember Spinosaurus being on Ingen's list and Grant follows up by saying "that's because it wasn't on Ingen's list and it makes me wonder what else they're up to." This movie actually seems to acknowledge that, that something has been going on in secret.

Because a crazy design would be really disappointing for most fans of the JP franchise. I vastly prefer this over some weird mutant dino mix. I don't want Jurassic Park to look like a monster movie.

Yeah, I know the Raptors are inaccurate, etc. But that isn't the same thing.

I know, I was being sarcastic.

New pics of the toys!

fs94pg7.jpg

1mmYZ7P.jpg

VyW8NLz.jpg

NNCedMX.jpg

Yes, that is a Stegoceratops. Indominus ("Bad Boy"?) looks a bit more hybrid-ish/menacing in that toy version.

Toxi

Banned
Indominus Rex and T-Rex (appears to be the original T-Rex from JP--note the raptor battle scars):
Didn't the military napalm the fuck out of the island? How'd it survive that?

Or was that scene just in the book?
Anyone know if the Spinosaurus will be in the movie? I know, toys and all, but is it actually in the park?
There's a mounted skeleton in the trailer (Look on the left-hand side).

Jurassic-World-Trailer-Crowd.jpg

Dead

well not really...yet
Looks like they're trying to capture the feel of the original toys by Kenner, but the sculpting is butt ugly.

PiUxm61.jpg
"Arms rip off to reveal Dino damage"

Lmao

I had that figure. Arms literally popped off with bloody stumps underneath.

I thought Indominus was female? Again, could just be a toy thing. Also of note is that Indominus vs. T-Rex ad in the bottom right corner of the full body image.

Mathezar

I still have the old JP toys somewhere in the attic.

My favorite thing to do was use my T-rex to eat the human action figures, sort of recreating the Gennaro scene :p

These do, I agree, but I wonder if these are the actual mainline toys. We haven't seen the human character figures yet either.

I'm not sure if they even are making humans. I found the Turkish(?) 2015 Hasbro Catalog, and while it certainly doesn't show the whole line I feel it would show them if they exist.. and it doesn't. I hope we at least get a deluxe SKU that packs a Dino with a human.

Anyway, these pics are small, but they show some improvement with all the Dinosaurs other than the Ankylosaurus.

RDNQYBJ.png

pIATImw.png

Keep in mind those 3 'giant/titan' raptors are 12" but only cost $12.99, so they are definitely gonna be a cheaper plastic, etc.

I'm pretty sure it will be addressed in the film as it was in the book.

Even if it is, it won't silence anyone that feels strongly about it. But I'm not expecting it to be touched on.

I'm not sure if they even are making humans. I found the Turkish(?) 2015 Hasbro Catalog, and while it certainly doesn't show the whole line I feel it would show them if they exist.. and it doesn't. I hope we at least get a deluxe SKU that packs a Dino with a human.

You may very well be right, I just remembered seeing the Pratt toy in one of the gift shops and just assumed that stuff would be actual merchandise, but I guess it could just be film-contextual.

Gravidee

Oh man those things were such garbage.
All about poses so you could barely even play with them and the sizes were all wrong.

They seemed like step down from previous JP toys but I remember still having fun with them. Also, who remembers these?

cookies.jpg

I actually remember getting that ReelCoinz set though I think it was bought instead of won.

Superflat

bullrex.jpg

It's a little silly looking. But dammit I enjoyed shoving my action figures down it's throat! It even has a chewing sound effect haha.

I wanted this T-Rex and the command center trailer cars from The Lost World more than anything in the world as a kid. Didn't get either of them, but it brings back a lot of memories.

I got this one though, and treasured it:

nettrapper.jpg

I wanted this T-Rex and the command center trailer cars from The Lost World more than anything in the world as a kid. Didn't get either of them, but it brings back a lot of memories.
I wanted this so bad. I would just stare at it every time I went into Toys R Us.

Superflat

I wanted this so bad. I would just stare at it every time I went into Toys R Us.

mcc2.jpg

As a kid I wanted nothing more but to recreate the cliff scene (best part of that movie, imo). Looking at it now, it looks a lot cheaper and less impressive than what it looked like inside my head. Still would have loved it though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom