• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
QxmxlvM.jpg

Still got both arms attached? Apparently they are quite valuable with both as at least one fell off for most people. Including me.

pulga

Banned
I wonder if Indominus will stay grey the whole movie or if it will adapt the color scheme in the background of the fruit snack packaging. Seems odd that they'd go with the blue/red if it wasn't heavily featured.

He'll definitely be changing colors, the italian packaging for the toy says "la pelle cambia colore" which translates to "the skin changes color".

Morts

I think I had all those toys except the vehicles. Juvenile t-rex and the triceratops with the battle damage were awesome.

NekoFever

As promised, some pictures of my toys...

HOafjPw.jpg

XculyyM.jpg

vpmnQ3t.jpg

5NX8Iab.jpg

ejPCfZo.jpg

3pOj6YN.jpg

TLo4jGA.jpg

hQRu1yS.jpg

3PehKdm.jpg

So good. I was recently transferring some old home movies to digital and one of them is me and my brother playing with the command compound set on Christmas morning 1993. I'm realising how many of the toys I had and have since forgotten because those pics are triggering some serious memories.

bengraven

Torn on which toys to get for my six year old. He's not much of an action figure guy, but I think he might be into the Heroes toys with the Jurassic Derp logo. But the adult, the collector in me, is like "let's get the cooler older toys, but let's not let him play with them..."

Blablurn

God. I love that T-Rex. I need it.

And whats the deal with the Stegoceratops? Just a toy or another cloned dino from the movie? Maybe it was some kind of practice model before they started creating Indominous Rex.

-griffy-

Banned
Am I the only one who feels like the new toys just look way worse than the toys from the original? They just don't look as realistic. Technology has progressed so much yet toys from 22 years ago look so much better.

Seriously though the rubber-skinned T-rex from back in the day was awesome.

strafer

Am I the only one who feels like the new toys just look way worse than the toys from the original? They just don't look as realistic. Technology has progressed so much yet toys from 22 years ago look so much better.

Its toys...that is to be handled by kids...

I actually found myself looking at that gif of the trailer looking at the raptor feet already. They seem to have their claws there, but I couldn't really tell, which bothered me.

Stegoceratops is just a toy thing.

The quality control on the toys is pretty shit, yeah. It's been mostly negative feedback on websites/twitter/fb. I know that myself as a kid would have been pretty let down, particularly over the clawless raptors.

I actually found myself looking at that gif of the trailer looking at the raptor feet already. They seem to have their claws there, but I couldn't really tell, which bothered me.

They have sickle claws:

It's actually a pretty common safety measure to remove dangerous elements from animals, like the horns of cows. Yes, those have horns. Or claws with the big cats.

So considering this is a genetic factory, the animals being "devolved" makes sense. Really, this would be part of a fictional environment actually making sense. How else would they be able to show them to the audience? (in the movie, not the movie audience)
It's pretty obvious that the ones Pratt is shown working with are not the regular material shown to the audience anyway.

edit:

@demoncarnotaur: I've seen the claws. That wasn't what I was referring to in this case.

It's actually a pretty common safety measure to remove dangerous elements from animals, like the horns of cows. Yes, those have horns. Or claws with the big cats.

So considering this is a genetic factory, the animals being "devolved" makes sense. Really, this would be part of a fictional environment actually making sense. How else would they be able to show them to the audience?

But again, look up. They have the claws in the movie. And the smaller 'Growler' Raptors have sickle claws.

6DK5qkz.jpg

Also, the prototypes did have the claw:

cKr4Ij1.jpg

It's clear they changed it as a shoddy fix, perhaps for stability. Which I understand the need to thicken/tweak it, but removing it entirely is laughable. Can't believe Hasbro and Universal QA and Brand management signed off on it.

But again, look up. They have the claws in the movie. And the smaller 'Growler' Raptors have sickle claws.

I know, that wasn't the point.
I meant that this would be the 'safe for people' display version you could actually put in a normal cage, without people getting hurt. There is no reason to believe, considering the events of previous movies, that the 'real deal' would placed anywhere near a non-professional. You wouldn't take your kids to see those.

This is a running theme park, not a dinosaur reserve. (or at least, as far as the audience would know and / or care)

edit: oh, so they're changing these things as they go along? Wut.
And other hybrids too? Oh, this is going places.

Snaku

Banned
Damn, the T.rex looks even worse up close. Those Kenner toys still hold up so much better all these years.

No kidding. It's really sad that not only can't Hasbro beat a 22-year-old toy, but they can't even sniff the unlicensed T-Rex by Papo.

No contest. And I'll bet the Hasbro will cost a great deal more than that Papo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom