• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.

sc0la

Unconfirmed Member
Regarding the Reddit spoilers,
the controlling implant thing and the whole incident being staged seems like it could actually be true. However, everything else does not. I'm almost certain that the T-Rex survives and that the Indominus does not control other dinosaurs.

I would agree, I also doubt
they intended it to escape. Maybe they basically enabled "sleep mode" as a proof of concept and life finds a way to give them the middle finger. Also I doubt Clair or misrani are in on the more controversial aspects of the creature.

Timu

Guys, someone saw the movie and said some of those spoilers are fake...woot, I'm glad now.

Here's his thoughts on the movie:

"Well, it certainly is an big improvement on JP3. It tries to go back to the first film in many ways: taking a while for things to go bad, tons of JP1 references. And it is a visually beautiful film, some of the establishing shots of the working park (which I suspect were some of the 65mm shot footage as I noticed an increase in resolution) were stunning to look at and had a smile on my face. The score is very good as well, it isn't the first film's (what is), but both the new and old themes are used well.

It may even be better than Lost World (need more time to decide), but I can think of one major problem, and it is a big one: people were actually fighting to take credit for this script? One dimensional characters, awkward dialogue, lame comic relief, if you complained about some of the things in the first released clip, you will find a lot of that here.

Also, while there are some epic action sequences and unsettling moments, Trevorrow isn't the director Spielberg is, and there is nothing that quite matches up to the double T-Rex attack in Lost World or any of the big set-pieces in the original. Overall, I enjoyed it, but I am a fan of the franchise (even had JP bedsheets as a kid). For what it's worth, most people in the audience seemed to like it, but I also heard some complaining about the characters and dialogue (and even a couple lines of dialogue drew unintentional laughter)."

I don't get why people keep trying to compare it to Jurassic Park, I think everyone can agree that it never stood a chance of matching up to it.

I wouldn't credit Spielberg for the T-Rex trailer attack scene, it was one of the very few things lifted nearly beat for beat from the book, apart from Eddies death, which was far superior it's not even funny.

Timu

Jurassic World is now 75/100 at BFCA.

Since they tend to score higher than RT, I'm guessing it'll be in the 60s for RT.

Just got up to "Raptor your heart out", I'm sure that he put some of the raptor theme from his TLW videogame soundtrack.

Love the little callbacks to JP, TLW and his TLW VG theme in the soundtrack.

CD'S BAR

excited to see this friday morning. I'm gonna guess it'll level out to around 62-64% on rt and low 50s on metacritic.

The view from my window is all sorts of amazing.

11355883_485707318248451_639646085_n.jpg

Jurassic Park 4.

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Not sure if this has been posted on any of the JW topics yet, but have you guys watched the Cinefix home made JW trailer? I've been watching them all night. Tons of movies and trailers they do in the home made style and they are HUGE JP fans, which also shows in their other video segments.

Timu

Another indepth review, pretty lengthy

3/5

Some highlights:
"It lets you forget the unpleasant aftertaste of Jurassic Park III, but does not reach the right level of The Lost World, let alone the first movie."

Not better than TLW??? WTF?

"An annoyance that you completely forget the huge entertaining final phase of the film. The Battle Royale we say. One that can stand perfectly alongside the original Jurassic Park and King Kong."

It seems the finale is praised by everyone, even on the harshest reviews so far.

Yet another review I just found

3/5

I like this quote:

"Also, it has dinosaurs. Everybody loves dinosaurs, and it’s great fun for two hours."

Dead

well not really...yet
I don't know that TLW is really disliked by the general public tbh. JP3 for sure but I think TLW is looked at more fondly.

Just anecdotal evidence tho.

Review from a redditor: http://www.geekster.be/jurassic-world-the-park-is-open-review/

85/100

Beware! I started reading it, made it halfway through, and realized it was spoiling some pretty awesome scenes and plot points, like (spoilers)
the I-Rex communicating with the raptors...
?!? Stopped reading right there.

Their score is probably a little too high, but he also provides some seemingly level-headed critiques of the movie, its characters specifically. He does say that the level of suspense and dino-spectacle match Jurassic Park (the movie and the book), so there's that.

With all the early reviews coming out, it sounds like a solid Jurassic Park movie with charming but thin characters, some shoddy dialogue, and great action sequences.

Superflat

Review from a redditor: http://www.geekster.be/jurassic-world-the-park-is-open-review/

85/100

Beware! I started reading it, made it halfway through, and realized it was spoiling some pretty awesome scenes and plot points, like (spoilers)

Their score is probably a little too high, but he also provides some seemingly level-headed critiques of the movie, its characters specifically. He does say that the level of suspense and dino-spectacle match Jurassic Park (the movie and the book), so there's that.

With all the early reviews coming out, it sounds like a solid Jurassic Park movie with charming but thin characters, some shoddy dialogue, and great action sequences.

Didn't read it, but I'm taking note that most of the reviews have little praise for the characters and dialogue, which is a shame. Safety Not Guaranteed was a indie comedy, so I can see how they injected a lot of humor into the dialogue which could clash or be strange in a JP film.

Reddit says the French embargo has ended?

I was scared at first because the two first reviews I read were bad, but as the day go, most of them points toward a by the book entertaining dinosaur movie
The fan service has been pointed by numerous reviews either as the movie's strengh or as it weakness, because the movie sometimes feels like a copy of the first one without any new idea . For others , its the ultimate fan film.
I was particullary reliefed to read somwhere that "It is not Indiana jones IV"
Even if the movie apparently feels kinda like an indidana jones movie, mostly due to chriss pratt.
In one of the first bad reviews I read, the final scene was compared to "Mega shark vs Giant octopus", while an other review saw that same scene as "a succesful version of 2014's Godzilla".
The concensus on the effects is that they are very good, but it is mostly CGI so you're not autorized to like them.
The action sequences are praised by several reviews, see dinosaurs wrecking shit is as enterteining as ever.

They linked to a page that is compiling reviews: http://www.allocine.fr/film/fichefilm-49319/critiques/presse/#pressreview40023570

Avg is 2.8/5 atm, but only five reviews so far.

Timu

like (spoilers)
I knew it all along, even when I 1st saw the trailer to that I knew that would happen, and it does make sense in a way, I mean it makes other raptor scenes attacking humans possible after all.

So, when should this thread become an ACTUAL spoiler thread? Now with the official OT, I'm dreading clicking in here and seeing untagged spoilers, haha.

EDIT: Maxim review looks like it's confirming our predictions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom