• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurassic World SPOILER THREAD | Boy, do I hate being spoiled all the time

Status
Not open for further replies.
No scene comes close to it in these movies

That sequence is obscenely good. Jurassic Park, as a movie, has some obvious flaws, but contains some master-class scenes.

I had talked to my buddy right before we started the movie, telling him how frightened I was, watching that scene in the theatre. Once we rewatched it, I remembered why.

The Rex is perfectly portrayed as a powerful, curious, deadly animal. That scene has so many nightmare triggers: giant monster trying to get into a "safe place", being crushed to death, being submerged in fucking MUD to death. It's so easy to see why that's such a scary scene for kids, haha.

EDIT: Raptors in the kitchen still holds up, too! They did a great job choosing color schemes and lighting that work with their CG. It's obvious now, but it works in a pinch, haha.

That sequence is obscenely good. Jurassic Park, as a movie, has some obvious flaws, but contains some master-class scenes.

I had talked to my buddy right before we started the movie, telling him how frightened I was, watching that scene in the theatre. Once we rewatched it, I remembered why.

The Rex is perfectly portrayed as a powerful, curious, deadly animal. That scene has so many nightmare triggers: giant monster trying to get into a "safe place", being crushed to death, being submerged in fucking MUD to death. It's so easy to see why that's such a scary scene for kids, haha.

EDIT: Raptors in the kitchen still holds up, too! They did a great job choosing color schemes and lighting that work with their CG. It's obvious now, but it works in a pinch, haha.

I will always love Grant's reaction to the TRex screaming at him. A sudden realization that he is in way over his head:
7s6Ekc5.gif

Curler

Unconfirmed Member
Boooo I'll prob have to go to the 10 showing on thurs, since most of my friends are watching the NBA finals. I guess I can wait a few hours... I'd just be anxious to come here and check out the OT (and tempt myself NOT to peek until I watched it).

Superflat

Another positive but indepth review?

3/5

Has quite a bit of negativity in it!

I’m not saying the film is a masterpiece, neither am I saying that you should expect to be impressed, but take it for what it is. A summer movie. A movie whose sole aim is to entertain and to be the talk of the town. And I must say that it will be. It had a nostalgic element to it. It made me feel like a kid again.

Good enough for me, sir!

The negative aspects were more specific, but a lot of them read very scattershot/weird. Lab's set dressing? One liners distracting viewers from bland cinematography?

They need a proof-reader, good god. One or two typos? OK. 4 before it gets going is embarrassing.

I tend to skim but reading it again, it's really littered with a bunch of spelling and grammar issues lol

Baskcm

Anyone see the video of Waterloo station was on my Facebook feed they went all out ill see if I can find the vid on it

Toa TAK

Banned
Jack Rico (@JackRicofficial) tweeted at 8:50pm - 8 Jun 15:

#JurassicWorld is really an homage to the original. There were so many references. This is a real sequel, using the blueprint of the first. (https://twitter.com/JackRicofficial/status/608073727855730688?s=17)

That's good to hear.

That's interesting, considering I watched the first earlier today. I wonder if anything that was previously referenced in the original will be greatly expanded upon beyond working as a real theme park.

There were three Velociraptors in Jurassic Park, there is at least one more still alive in the backup power shed when Laura Dern escapes. I wonder if that was covered in the game.

Jawmuncher

That's interesting, considering I watched the first earlier today. I wonder if anything that was previously referenced in the original will be greatly expanded upon beyond working as a real theme park.

There were three Velociraptors in Jurassic Park, there is at least one more still alive in the backup power shed when Laura Dern escapes. I wonder if that was covered in the game.

In the game some more raptors show up and I never even pieced together that there shouldn't be more of them. So no it doesn't. Unless I'm misremembering.

Timu

This is where I depart the thread.

Peace.
I seriously hope some of it isn't true as I don't think I can handle some of the insane things being said here. This could affect my view on the movie!!!

Read 'em. Those sound fake as all fuck.
I believe one of the things said in that is true
(when it comes to I-Rex communication with dinos)
, but the rest, fuck that!!!

I've always assumed the shed raptor came in at the end to surround Grant and co before Rexy comes in. Freezer raptor being still locked inside.

It comes from under the plastic drapes after all. And it fits with Ellie's "unless they figured out how to open doors" line, which we find out is true.

I believe one of the things said in that is true

From what I've gathered from reviews and other stuff I've read
It's the fact that the I-Rex is the ultimate Alpha that makes it dominant over other dinos. Not something programmed into it's DNA
Granted, everything I read could be wrong as well. I guess we will find out in three days.

THREE DAYS!!!!

Timu

From what I've gathered from reviews and other stuff I've read
It's the fact that the I-Rex is the ultimate Alpha that makes it dominant over other dinos. Not something programmed into it's DNA
Granted, everything I read could be wrong as well. I guess we will find out in three days.

THREE DAYS!!!!
Yeah you're right, still though that's some of the most ridiculous if true spoilers I read on this movie yet, it almost sounds made up.

Ohwiseone

Itunes just released the soundtrack (had it pre-ordered).

So that's up as well. Needless to say, the main theme is still so good.

It's all really good actually.

DonMigs85

Anyway if those spoilers are true, that means they didn't totally discard their Dino commandos idea. Michael Crichton must be spinning in his grave

Toa TAK

Banned
Yeah that's really good. My favorite so far might be "The Park is closed"or "indominus wrecks"

If anything, this proves that the music will at least be good
Yeah, I'm loving "Our Rex is Bigger" so much.
Oh Jesus. The iOS game is teasing stegoceratops.

Please don't be in the movie, please don't be in the movie...

I have said before that would be my seinfeld nope moment.

I'm actually kinda excited. Game-wise, anyways.

Dead

well not really...yet
Just bought the OST

Giacchino's full on rendition of the JP theme (Welcome to Jurassic World) is absolutely flawless.

Gravidee

Regarding the Reddit spoilers,
the controlling implant thing and the whole incident being staged seems like it could actually be true. However, everything else does not. I'm almost certain that the T-Rex survives and that the Indominus does not control other dinosaurs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom