• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurrasic: The Hunted

BTW, the game's developed by Cauldron apparently, they most recently made Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010, they even did the Wii version which came with a rifle accessory.

MiniDitka

Cow Mengde said:
I almost forgot about this game.

All versions pushed back?
Not sure but I just got a call from Ashley telling me my order(Wii) will be in on Monday so I'm assuming thats the case for the other versions. So it looks like Monday is the day for gameplay videos :D

Razien

Banned
Hero of Legend said:
BTW, the game's developed by Cauldron apparently, they most recently made Cabela's Big Game Hunter 2010, they even did the Wii version which came with a rifle accessory.

And that sucked.

"Dude, these are just big lizards. Don't start freakin' out on me."

Man, this game is budget gold! Looks fairly decent from those youtube vids, in a low-rent kind of way!

BowieZ

Banned
I barely have hope that this game will spell its title correctly in-game, foreshadowed by this thread's title, perhaps? :/

MiniDitka

iamaustrian said:
yay?

No, right?

thanx anyway
I think its going to end up being like a bad movie thats soooooooooo bad its good or a car crash were you want to turn away but cant stop looking :lol Graphics aren't that hot and it has frame-rate issues but killing dinosaurs never gets old so I think it will end up being fun despite its flaws.

I'm uploading the vid now so check here - http://www.youtube.com/user/ScutFarkas63#g/u

in about 15-20 minutes and it should be ready.

Tiktaalik

oh man this is going to be the best kusoge ever.

"That was some freaky parking"
"Hope that weapon still works" (player somehow automatically is zoomed to gattling gun)

Jacobi

Banned
Tiktaalik said:
oh man this is going to be the best kusoge ever.

"That was some freaky parking"
"Hope that weapon still works" (player somehow automatically is zoomed to gattling gun)
kusoge? I had to google that... was that according to your keikaku? why can't you just say bad game?

Tiktaalik

Jacobi said:
kusoge? I had to google that... was that according to your keikaku? why can't you just say bad game?

Because it means more than that? I mean it literally means shit game, but it also indicates a sort of "so bad it's good" redeeming quality or that it's worth playing for a laugh. The classic one that people bring up is Cho Aniki.

Malio

I'm a sucker for dinosaurs, but this actually looks decent.

When he jacks the dinosaurs jaw at 3:49, I was sold. :D

MiniDitka said:
I think its going to end up being like a bad movie thats soooooooooo bad its good or a car crash were you want to turn away but cant stop looking :lol Graphics aren't that hot and it has frame-rate issues but killing dinosaurs never gets old so I think it will end up being fun despite its flaws.

I'm uploading the vid now so check here - http://www.youtube.com/user/ScutFarkas63#g/u

in about 15-20 minutes and it should be ready.

Wow... that actually doesn't look bad from the 3 minutes I saw! I mean, the Velociraptor close-up from the opening look identical to the 360 version (the model detail).

Am I getting the illusion that this looks good due to there not being an HD version of the video? This looks better than Call of Duty 4!

VAIL

Wow, Wii version looks very unsuckish, he gave that dino the "Welcome to EARF" treatment

DINO GET!!!

slasher_thrasher21 said:
So this has got cult classic written all over it then? :D

jurassichunted.jpg

Tiktaalik

Obviously the most important thing is to decide which is the "definitive version." On one hand the Xbox version seems to have additional hilarious voice work, on the other the Wii version is likely cheaper.

I got the strange feeling that the Wii-Audience love dinosaurs :lol

Let see if the sales stand a chance compared to the Super HD Bros.

iamaustrian said:
wtf? the Wii version deosn't look bad at all.
I expected way worse.
I might get it just for the lols

kewl
Are you basing this on footage you have seen in front of your face? because you shouldn't assume things from a youtube video.

Gestahl

Tiktaalik said:
Because it means more than that? I mean it literally means shit game, but it also indicates a sort of "so bad it's good" redeeming quality or that it's worth playing for a laugh. The classic one that people bring up is Cho Aniki.

Then say it's so bad it's good. Fuck.

Oh yeah, how about some impressions, man? How's the gameplay on both platforms? How are the controls for the Wii version? What happened to the awesomely bad dialog in the Wii video?

TAJ

Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that.
Gestahl said:
Then say it's so bad it's good. Fuck.
He wouldn't build his weeaboo cred that way.

Stitch

Gold Member
shut up you bakas and let us talk more about the sugoi looking game

still waiting for more gameplay vids (f5-ing MiniDitkas channel :lol )

they've put punching the dinosaur on A, i think it would have been better if you could punch him with a wii-mote motion :D

Gestahl

Tiktaalik said:
"wah wah I don't want to adopt a more apt foreign word because it's japanese."

Oh no I'm not a terrible weeaboo that tries to simultaneously rape two languages at once, woe is me. You can pick up your kaban on the way out.

Anyway, this game seems mildly interesting. I like dinosaurs and I have a Wii. Seems like the perfect storm if the game is redeeming in anyway.

Top Bottom