• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Jurrasic: The Hunted

MiniDitka

Cow Mengde said:
Oh yeah, how about some impressions, man? How's the gameplay on both platforms? How are the controls for the Wii version? What happened to the awesomely bad dialog in the Wii video?
Can only comment on the Wii version as its the only one I have. My description before seems to be pretty accurate, its sooo bad its good :lol The graphics aren't the best, colors seem kinda washed out with some low res textures and the game has some frame-rate problems but despite these things I'm having fun. The slo-mo effect to kill dinos is pretty cool and there has been some variety in the gameplay like manning a turret to take out the onslaught of dinos and a sort of defend your castle stage where you have to keep repairing windows/gates to keep them out.

Edit: Just uploaded another clip that should be finished processing in a few minutes and am currently uploading another which will be done in about 20 minutes.

Edit 2: Off topic but for those interested I'll have some NFS:Nitro vids up tomorrow.

EDarkness

MiniDitka said:
Can only comment on the Wii version as its the only one I have. My description before seems to be pretty accurate, its sooo bad its good :lol The graphics aren't the best, colors seem kinda washed out with some low res textures and the game has some frame-rate problems but despite these things I'm having fun. The slo-mo effect to kill dinos is pretty cool and there has been some variety in the gameplay like manning a turret to take out the onslaught of dinos and a sort of defend your castle stage where you have to keep repairing windows/gates to keep them out.

Edit: Just uploaded another clip that should be finished processing in a few minutes and am currently uploading another which will be done in about 20 minutes.

Not sure why, but I'm considering picking this up. The cheese is growing on me for some reason. Heh, heh.

Tiktaalik

Gestahl said:
Oh no I'm not a terrible weeaboo that tries to simultaneously rape two languages at once, woe is me. You can pick up your kaban on the way out.

Anyway, this game seems mildly interesting. I like dinosaurs and I have a Wii. Seems like the perfect storm if the game is redeeming in anyway.

Your argument has so little basis that you have to resort to strawmen. I see how it is.

Maybe you'd like to go through this GAF thread about kusoge and label them as 4chan rejects as well.

MiniDitka said:
sort_of_want.jpg

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
I enjoyed Jurassic Park on the Sega CD, and the Super NES version of Jurassic Park (the first one) is a classic. Not to mention the Game Boy Jurassic Park title burnt through many hundreds of dollars worth of batteries.

If I enjoyed those games, I'm sure I'll lap this up. Do want, maybe for all three systems.

MiniDitka said:

Edit 2: Off topic but for those interested I'll have some NFS:Nitro vids up tomorrow.

Oh, the 360 footage you posted wasn't yours?

How's the aiming with the Wiimote? I saw some options, but is that all the customization you have?

I was watching the 360 footage before think "man, wtf's up with the slow ass aiming" and completely forgot it was a console FPS.

Gestahl

Tiktaalik said:
Your argument has so little basis that you have to resort to strawmen. I see how it is.

Maybe you'd like to go through this GAF thread about kusoge and label them as 4chan rejects as well.

No one gives a shit about your pet little foreign word. Quiet, gaijin. And yes, most in that thread posted like complete 4chan rejects and are in no way kawaii or sugoi or moe baka baka baka soooo kusoge ~^_^

I used to play the hell out of that old Jurassic Park game for the SNES. It was terrible because you couldn't save, ever. I kept on getting to those bloody raptor eggs but I could never figure out what to do next. Terrible game. Fun, though. Tazering dinosaurs doesn't get old.

Anyone else with a hankering for things of the Jurassic nature should check out Research Indicates' Trespasser and Chaos Island LPs. Trespasser's in the Let's Play archives at http://www.letsplayarchive.com/ and it's more like a documentary than anything else. Probably more than that game deserved though.

Is it just the alcohol talking or does the whole dinosaur game concept really work well with the ideas behind left4dead? Like replacing a city with a jungle and the zombies with generic carnivorous dinosaurs, tanks with T-Rexes, and you still have the 4 human players...

MiniDitka

I Push Fat Kids said:
MiniDitka, we crave impressions!
MiniDitka said:

There ya go :D

practice02 said:
Are you basing this on footage you have seen in front of your face? because you shouldn't assume things from a youtube video.

I read through previews and watched the youtube vids and it seems like good mindless FPS-fun with dinos. that's enough for me. also, yes, i can tell from watching these youtube vids that there are much worse looking fps on Wii.

and holy shit @ that gatling gun in this video

it's Turok 1 on N64 all over again :D

silverbullet1080 said:
Is it just the alcohol talking or does the whole dinosaur game concept really work well with the ideas behind left4dead? Like replacing a city with a jungle and the zombies with generic carnivorous dinosaurs, tanks with T-Rexes, and you still have the 4 human players...

I already suggested this idea months ago on Gaf.

Nasreddin

Wow, the videos look decent. At least this seems to be a more natural and atmospheric dino hunt than in the last Turok abomination.

MiniDitka

crazy monkey said:
I just checked out videos. The game looks great on wii. Might have to check it out. Is there any review out there? Any impression?

MiniDitka said:

There ya go.

So does anyone have this in their grubby little paws yet? I must say I'm tempted to pick it up but I'd like to hear some opinions first. (I know it's not going to be that good but I have a soft spot in my heat for budget titles).

Neuromancer said:
So does anyone have this in their grubby little paws yet? I must say I'm tempted to pick it up but I'd like to hear some opinions first. (I know it's not going to be that good but I have a soft spot in my heat for budget titles).

Its decent for a $40 -$30 title. I was surprised by the graphics (pretty good), though was surprised even more that after about a hour of game time, I was starting level 4. The box claims only 12 levels so I can see this being a very short game unless the later levels get much longer.

Overall though I'm having fun with it but I do notice some minor framerate sluggishness at times at various moments. For those interested its worth a rent, and maybe a purchase if you have some extra cash around. Just be prepared for a b style movie all the way. Personally it cracks me up.

EvilMario

Will QA for food.
slasher_thrasher21 said:
Its decent for a $40 -$30 title. I was surprised by the graphics (pretty good), though was surprised even more that after about a hour of game time, I was starting level 4. The box claims only 12 levels so I can see this being a very short game unless the later levels get much longer.

Overall though I'm having fun with it but I do notice some minor framerate sluggishness at times at various moments. For those interested its worth a rent, and maybe a purchase if you have some extra cash around. Just be prepared for a b style movie all the way. Personally it cracks me up.

This is for the 360 version? Trying to decide between 360 and Wii.. save some money, have better controller system.. go for the 'decent' graphics.. what to do.. what to do..

atomsk

Party Pooper
played a bit at a friends house. so hilariously awesome

only 106 people on the survivor/wave/horde mode leaderboards thus far

spidye

Unicorn said:
Actually looks like a decent game for the wii. At least as interesting as The Conduit.
woah woah woah. don't say things you'll later regret.

this doesn't look that bad

Cdammen

I liked the loading screen in the first video. At the top it read: "Code: Whiskey Tango Foxtrot" and then some jibberish about an especially dangerous dinosaur :lol

This game actually looks competent and I think that the folks that made it kinda liked working on it. The dialogue is hilarious at times and the story is a B movie to the core.

EvilMario said:
This is for the 360 version? Trying to decide between 360 and Wii.. save some money, have better controller system.. go for the 'decent' graphics.. what to do.. what to do..

Sorry this was so late but yes this is for the 360 version.

Shiv47

I love a couple of the trophies/achievements for this:

What a Prick: Survive a Spinosaurus Attack
Nuck Chorris Rex: Complete the Game Without Dying

Top Bottom