• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just Cause 2 announced. PS3 and X360

Fun Factor

Formerly FTWer
B E N K E said:
I recently visited Avalanche (it's just down the road from my flat) to do so interviews and check the game out. Funny story is that already on my first visit there when they showed Just Cause prior to its announcement the founder Christofer was talking about Just Cause 2, of course that was prior to the first game's delays so he imagined it would still be for last gen consoles. Oh well things change.

It was early code, but it looks interesting. Now the grappling hook can attach to basically anything so Rico is swinging away almost like Spider-Man combining the grappling with the parachute. Makes for very fast travelling and allows you to catch up with vehicles and the gameplay to be more vertical. The structure for side missions is completely redone as well, eventough the principal of destabilizing areas remain.

Anyway I interviewed the producer Daniel Willför so you can check it out if you want:

http://www.gamereactor.se/grtv/player/popup.php?cat=Interview&id=1808 (yes, I need to cut my hair)

Were the graphics close to the bullshots released?

Zenith

Banned
new preview and screens.

http://uk.pc.ign.com/articles/848/848265p1.html

just-cause-2-20080129091542110.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091530064.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091551500.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091549219.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091532298.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091534814.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091544657.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091537220.jpg

just-cause-2-20080129091539782.jpg

kaching

"GAF's biggest wanker"
Dark Octave said:
It's actually a next gen game this time.
It was a lot more next gen the first time around than many games have been this gen.

New IGN pics look great. Main character looks a little too weathered though. I Liked the clean-shaven Antonio Banderas lookalike from the first game.

Edit: New explosions rock

Dyno

Just Cause looked to be the most interesting game that I didn't get around to playing. I rather liked the demo but just wound up playing other stuff at the time.

Looks like another one to keep the eye on.

Tr4nce

Oh also: IGN says this game is bound for a March release here in Pal land? Awesome. I didn't know things could go so fast. :D

Pharmacy

Banned
Tr4nce said:
Oh also: IGN says this game is bound for a March release here in Pal land? Awesome. I didn't know things could go so fast. :D

yaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay

those screens look awesome *prays for decent ps3 port*

Pimpbaa

I only played the demo for the first one, but I loved it. I need to pick it up before the sequel comes out. I don't like how they changed Rico tho. He had a south american cheesiness going on that really made him different. He looks too generic in these sequel pics.

tegdf

sounds and looks great, i especially like that "both weapons and vehicles are now full-upgradeable, with over 2,000 parts at your disposal."

hope the game turns out good

B E N K E

It's been a long while since anything was heard from Just Cause 2... I hear they are about to show off more of the game fairly soon and it's on track for a release later this year (hopefully summer).

Anyway, thought those of you interested in the game would like to check out the interview I did with story and design director Odd Ahlgren... deals with the story (obviously) and the new factions... http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=3843

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
B E N K E said:
It's been a long while since anything was heard from Just Cause 2... I hear they are about to show off more of the game fairly soon and it's on track for a release later this year (hopefully summer).

Anyway, thought those of you interested in the game would like to check out the interview I did with story and design director Odd Ahlgren... deals with the story (obviously) and the new factions... http://www.gamereactor.eu/grtv/?id=3843

Wow. Bumping an almost-year-old thread to pimp an article you wrote? Really?

Just Cause had some good ideas, but the poor execution of those ideas killed it for me.

If they fix the gameplay, this one might be good though.

My question: why the heck do we have the hype machine revving up for Just Cause, yet nothing for the best game on the 360?
Crackdown

HiResDes

I can't believe no one really has commented on the fact that "calling out GTA" to generate some publicity for game is like so last year, and should really be done with...I'm tired of it, if your game is good, then it will speak for itself. Calling out the folks over at Rockstar is stupid because it makes you look as if you feel threatened by them, secondly it really only puts your work under more scrutiny, and finally why as mere calves in the sandbox realm would you want to stir up the tiger. With that being said, the entire plot of the game being a "rags to riches" story seems wholly in line with most of the GTA games, and it is clear that the developer has at least learned what works and what doesn't work in the sandbox genre by way of Rockstar.

anachronous_one

Prologue Type S Alpha
Also, Odd Ahlgren and Shane Bettenhausen should have a competition to see who could make the LEAST amount of eye contact with the camera, or conversely, the MOST amount of eye contact with a ceiling or wall.

Stahsky

A passionate embrace, a beautiful memory lingers.
anachronous_one said:

Did he hurt your mother or something? I see nothing wrong with that.

Good read.

Ramenman

EvaPlusMinus said:
Did he hurt your mother or something? I see nothing wrong with that.

Good read.

Don't worry about that , there's always a bunch of people to point that kind of thing out here on GAF.

It's completely stupid, but somehow they never miss an opportunity.

B E N K E

anachronous_one said:

It's not an article... it's a video interview. And with nothing new on the game since last January I thought one or two people might be interested. Since a lot of people (falsely) assumed Avalanche had stopped working on this when Aionguard was revealed I also thought it was interesting for a few people to know that the PR machine over at Eidos is starting to rev up with regards to the game. Personally I prefer bumping an old thread to making a new one... and not hide the fact that I'm pimping something of my own. As long as it is quality stuff of course.

Solo

Ramenman said:
Don't worry about that , there's always a bunch of people to point that kind of thing out here on GAF.

It's completely stupid, but somehow they never miss an opportunity.

Uh, its right there in the Terms of Service. Pimp yer site = bannage.

SPEA

B E N K E said:
It's not an article... it's a video interview. And with nothing new on the game since last January I thought one or two people might be interested. Since a lot of people (falsely) assumed Avalanche had stopped working on this when Aionguard was revealed I also thought it was interesting for a few people to know that the PR machine over at Eidos is starting to rev up with regards to the game. Personally I prefer bumping an old thread to making a new one... and not hide the fact that I'm pimping something of my own. As long as it is quality stuff of course.
Fuck that dude man. Thanks for sharing!

Top Bottom