• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just finished ToS - Some thoughts (spoilers)

SantaC

First I must say this game surprised me alot. I thought the game would be good, but not this good. I had zero experience from Tales games before, so this was new for me.

The good:

The battles (I am not tempted to ever play a turnbased rpg again after playing with this fantastic battle system. It's so fast paced too)
The type of graphics (the mix between 2D and 3D worked flawlessy. I can imagine a full 3D battle system would make things alittle more difficult to keep track on things. I liked it this way.
The cooking system (a fast way to restore and enchance the abilities of the characters)
The Tech/magic/unison/ex skills system (easy to understand, extremley fun to play with)
Voice acting. (hey, I actually liked most of the voices. Zelos, Regal, lloyd, Kratos comes to mind)
The characters (characters isn't bad at all. They got some personalities going on)
The coliseum (I love games with a coliseum challenge! Winning with raine and genis on advanced class isn't easy! + the exhibition match rocked)
The replay value (the many features you can buy with your grade after beating the game is worth it! 10x EXP someone!)
The Abyssion ultimate boss (wow this guy made me use life potions alot)

The ok:

The music.(Some really good tracks (etc derris kharlan), but many forgetable. The meltokio city music made me lower the volume after awhile. )
Overworld map. The map is pretty ugly graphicly, but I still prefer this old fashion world map. Gives the game more perspective)
The Story (nothing special, but I have seen worse)

The bad:

Last boss battle was alittle too easy.( I was quite leveled up though.)
The minigames (the minigames were not many, and really disappointing. Hated the damn green/red light game)

Overrall this game deserves all the praise it gets! If Namco continue to pump out Tales quality games it might take the crown from FF one day (in the US)

I liked the game a lot too, even though most of the plot was predictable. Also, Colette=Danger-Prone Daphne (She comes with her own ransom note).

Gruco

Banned
This is very similar to my reaction.

The world would be a better place if every RPG implimented a cooking system. Seriously.

Senretsu

I just finished this game recently too. I agree with those points, I enjoyed every minute of it. I'm still doing extra stuff now like the bonus dungeon. I'm really glad they got this game out during the summer too.

Top Bottom