• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got robbed at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
Think he had blanks. No casing or bullets. Didn't know at time.

Literally bargained for my fucking life. If I didn't have my dslr near me to get then to leave I don't know wtf would have happened.

3 people. I tried to hold back the door like a dumbass. Jesus Christ that's when they shot through open door.

holy crap! did they knock at first or what? did you have it locked? where do you live? all guys? where are you typing from right now?

Not your typical burglary, they must've been incredibly desperate or knew you were in there alone. Making me reconsider that alarm system I've been eyeing. Glad you're OK, ask a friend to come over or just fucking get out of there for the night.

2real4tv

Think he had blanks. No casing or bullets. Didn't know at time.

Literally bargained for my fucking life. If I didn't have my dslr near me to get then to leave I don't know wtf would have happened.

3 people. I tried to hold back the door like a dumbass. Jesus Christ that's when they shot through open door.

Revolvers don't leave casings I believe. Did he shoot through the door, if so there should be a projectile somewhere. Do you live in an urban area? City?

HiiiLife

So fucking wild man. I honestly hope I don't come across that in my life.

I don't know what the dude went through to resort to that lifestyle, but holy shit he needs to be caught and thrown in jail.

Innocent people man. It sucks. Sorry to hear that.

PantherLotus

Professional Schmuck
There's only a few reasons three people would show up at your door and kick it down. Leaving with your DSLR isn't one of them.

wow, you must have been scared shitless...

Talk with people. This is traumatic stuff.

ps:Somehow your avatar seems weird with this story.

Videoneon

I cannot stand reading about burglars. It makes me phenomenally incensed.

I am so sorry that this happened to you, this is beyond shitty. I'm glad you are alive.

There's only a few reasons three people would show up at your door and kick it down. Leaving with your DSLR isn't one of them.

In my city, from what I've been told, many of these type of strong arm home invasion robberies are to steal cash/drugs from known dealers. But OP could just be some regular dude with bad luck and was randomly targeted by some violent crackheads that needed money to get high.

I've been burgled, but never robbed. But once when my sister was working as a bank teller, they were robbed and someone put a gun in her face and she was forced to go into some back room with the manager to get more money for them. And I'm pretty sure they got away.

Yeah if I was the OP, I'd be moving quickly. Fuck the lease, I'd be gone as fast as possible.

GRIP

Does this hapen often in America...?

Yes, if you live in America you should expect someone to knock down your door, shoot at you, put a gun to your head, and walk out of your home with your lap top computer.

What American hasn't had that happen to them?

Wish my phone had been in plain sight. Would have had the fuckers.

Police just left. They're fixing my door. I'm done with this place.

One guy kept screaming at me to stop messing around and he was going to shoot me. Other guy worked to calm the other guy down.

Girl came in and told them to go. Thank god.

One guy kept screaming at me to stop messing around and he was going to shoot me. Other guy worked to calm the other guy down.

Drug addicts. Fuck that dude. I'd likely purchase some kind of gun after this sort of thing.

Where are you living? I'm sorry this happened to you, so damn scary.

Does this happen often in America...?

Enough to classify it as often, which means I have known people who have been broken into while they are home. Six degrees and all.

I have been robbed at knife point walking home from high school during winter when it gets dark like at 5 PM(I was doing a film project which led to being after school for a bit).

Two of my brother's were robbed at gunpoint, one walking from a party, the other just working the overnight shift at Del Taco.

http://crime.latimes.com/
Just illustrates the crime problem, though it has gone down in terms of violent crime as compared to past times (early nineties, eighties when it comes to LA)

satori

It happened to my brother and his wife. They lived in San Gabriel at the time. Four dudes broke in from a room in the back of the house in broad daylight. They were packing shotguns and handguns. Luckily they just wanted cash and valuables which they got. No one was badly hurt, especially his two very young daughters. They were all tied up held at gunpoint. They did discharge their weapons.

One of my friends grandparents were victim of very violent home invasion. There was a period where it seem these predators were going after the elderly. Literally just kick down the door, with out asking question shot his grandfather and ransack the house. The made out with less than 200 dollar worth of crap. So to answer your question? Yes one time too many....

To the OP, glad you are safe. I really hope there is not an increase of this shit again. I have two elderly parents who always forgets to lock the damn door. And I always think of my wife and 3 year old boy when I am at work. I hate working the graveyard shift some times >.>

I live in Dallas. Typing through my other computer. They put another door in. Not that it fucking matters to me at this point.

I don't know what the fuck to do at this point. Think I am holding up pretty well. My memory is kind of fuzzy right now of the event. Don't know if I will sleep tonight.

smurfx

get some go again
something similar happened to this one guy i know. these 2 guys followed him home after they saw he had a shopping bag. knocked on his door and then rushed him when he opened and stole anything they could. they could have left but they chose to slit his throat. he didn't die but the doc said if it had been any deeper then they would have severed his artery. good to see you are okay OP. don't know how i would have reacted to something like that.

Mr. F

Banned
something similar happened to this one guy i know. these 2 guys followed him home after they saw he had a shopping bag. knocked on his door and then rushed him when he opened and stole anything they could. they could have left but they chose to slit his throat. he didn't die but the doc said if it had been any deeper then they would have severed his artery. good to see you are okay OP. don't know how i would have reacted to something like that.

Ho.ly. fuck.

I have no clue how I would react in any of these situations. What the hell is wrong with people. Glad you're okay OP.

Hoo-doo

Banned
Dude, glad you're okay. Sounds like a terrifying experience.

Also, don't hesitate to get some help if you want to talk about it to a professional. These kinds of events can end up haunting you for the rest of your life.

GRIP

I live in Dallas. Typing through my other computer. They put another door in. Not that it fucking matters to me at this point.

I don't know what the fuck to do at this point. Think I am holding up pretty well. My memory is kind of fuzzy right now of the event. Don't know if I will sleep tonight.

Well all I can say is just be thankful that nothing serious occurred. You could have very easily been injured or worse, and they didn't even get away with anything worth caring about. I know you are feeling a whirlwind worth of emotions right now (I've had a gun to my head before), but be thankful that nothing important was taken from you and that you are OK.

Well all I can say is just be thankful that nothing serious occurred. You could have very easily been injured or worse, and they didn't even get away with anything worth caring about. I know you are feeling a whirlwind worth of emotions right now (I've had a gun to my head before), but be thankful that nothing important was taken from you and that you are OK.

Yeah. My girlfriend happened to be out of town this week. I'm so fucking thankful she didn't have to experience this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom