• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just got robbed at gunpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brinbe

Christ, that's just fucking awful and scary. Really glad you're okay, regardless of blanks or not, those other things are ultimately replaceable and you aren't.

Also, yeah, I'd also get the fuck away from there. It'd just be a source of constant reminder at this point.

Messed up. Do you live in a bad neighborhood?
What are your plans for tomorrow?

Well luckil my parents live 30 mins away. Staying with them tonight. Going in morning to DMV to get temporaryiscense. Already called and cancelled cards. MacBook is suppose to send me an email if it gets connected to wifi. Doubt much happens as it has a password.

Glad your okay! Hopefully you can move ASAP and to a nicer area.

Wonder why it was your apartment and no one else?

They kept asking me if I had a vault. I kept telling them no but they didn't believe me. They tossed a lot of shit looking and never found it. Kept telling me he was going to shoot me if I didn't tell him where it is. Other guy calmed him down.

They kept asking me if I had a vault. I kept telling them no but they didn't believe me. They tossed a lot of shit looking and never found it. Kept telling me he was going to shoot me if I didn't tell him where it is. Other guy calmed him down.

Who do you know that is in financial trouble? That would be my first guess other than they were on drugs.

Hoo-doo

Banned

Do you know the previous tenant? Have you lived here long? Maybe the burglars had ties or information on the guy who lived there before you. I mean, they were specifically targeting your house looking for a safe of some kind.

Apath

My friend and his family were held at gun point in their house (they shot through the sliding door -- bullet holes are still in the side of the cabinet), and they did the same exact thing. Even pistol whipped his dad demanding to know where their safe was. They kept telling the robbers that they didn't have any fucking safe.

My friend and his family were held at gun point in their house (they shot through the sliding door -- bullet holes are still in the side of the cabinet), and they did the same exact thing. Even pistol whipped his dad demanding to know where their safe was. They kept telling the robbers that they didn't have any fucking safe.

Assuming that that's a standard thing when robbing people. And to people saying I should be pissed that I got robbed with blanks. When you get a gun put to your head you don't think about that shit. When you have two guys your size you don't fight back. You give them what you think they want and get them the fuck out.

tino

Banned
These thread is fucking horrible. I read through it just to find out where OP live and then people are posting worse stories. WTF.

How do you build an extra strong door to stop people from force in?

Slayer-33

Liverpool-2
God damn, god damn bro.... Sorry this happened to you... We got some animals out there bro... Hopefully they die in a fucking fire or get caught..

I've had people try to break in here on a few occasions. The one time someone did manage to get in, they saw me holding a pipe wrench and they bolted. The only other time was when some guy came to my front door and was jiggling the knob. I went up to the door and banged on it a few times and they jumped off the deck. I'm glad I haven't encountered any people as bad as the ones you had to deal with. I hope the fuckers get caught.

I've had people try to break in here on a few occasions. The one time someone did manage to get in, they saw me holding a pipe wrench and they bolted. The only other time was when some guy came to my front door and was jiggling the knob. I went up to the door and banged on it a few times and they jumped off the deck. I'm glad I haven't encountered any people as bad as the ones you had to deal with. I hope the fuckers get caught.

I was in bed almost out. Didn't have time to react. I think they did a shitty job on door. If I decide to break lease and they try to put a fee on me I'll kindly remind them of that and the local news.

Vic

Please help me with my bad english
Seesh, that's not something I'll like to experience. Glad you're ok OP.

As weird as this sounds, it almost seems surreal now. Like in having a hard time believing I just went through that.

Mod, feel free to rename thread, "Robbed at home at gunpoint"

Thank God you're ok!

I'm in the process of looking for a home to buy and hearing people describe the frequencies of these sorts of attack really makes me worried. I live in a fairly safe community at the moment but my God... how can anyone feel safe anywhere after reading something like this. It's so damn brazen!

Man sometimes I really have to stay away from OT. So much stuff that depresses and makes me think about what I would have done or if it happened to family...scary.

Good you're fine OP. I would probably move away.

ElyrionX

I don't understand how people in the US can get by without guns in their home. If it's so easy for criminals and psychos to get their hands on one, why wouldn't everyone own one just for situations like in the OP?

I know I'd own one if I was staying there.

You said you're staying with your parents tonight? It's best you have other people around as shock can do fucked up things to your body. Glad you're relatively ok mate, it sounds like a terrifying experience.

I don't understand how people in the US can get by without guns in their home. If it's so easy for criminals and psychos to get their hands on one, why wouldn't everyone own one just for situations like in the OP?

I know I'd own one if I was staying there.

Wouldn't pulling a gun just escalate things further? Maybe I'm a pussy but I'd be way more compelled to comply with the attackers and hope for the best rather than taking a chance.

marrec

Banned
Sometimes you think you have it bad, and then you're reminded that you weren't just robbed at gunpoint.

Glad to hear you made it through okay and I hope you can get some sleep in the coming days.

Kokonoe

Banned
Man sometimes I really have to stay away from OT. So much stuff that depresses and makes me think about what I would have done or if it happened to family...scary.

Good you're fine OP. I would probably move away.

If only there was a chrome extension that lets you toggle which threads you wish to view.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom