• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Just putting Microsoft's financial muscle in perspective...

Pelta88

I don’t believe they losing money on Xbox. If they was losing money. They wouldn’t be investing this hard on it

There’s what you believe and there’s what Microsoft submitted to courts and regulators about the financial collapse of the XB division. To the point where Management has discussed an exit strategy in 2027 if the financials don’t improve.

Microsoft's revenue was $72 billion. Let's remember that the vast majority of that will be through business to business transactions related to O365 and Azure, not games. Yes, Xbox will have some access to those funds but the wider Microsoft entity will want to see some ROI on the Xbox division. I'm sure we've seen figures for the revenue from Xbox alone, but I can't remember what that was.

8YvU3jR.jpg
This dude just admitted defeat....2024 is going to be a defining year for Xbox.

WitchHunter

Banned
Are you are aware of who Apple “ripped off” when it comes to their OS? They were extremely lucky it wasn’t patented..

Look up the story on that Xerox campus in Palo Alto.. fascinating stuff.

What you are describing is Bill playing the game better than his competitors. Did he break any laws? No.. just good old dirty business tactics in an extremely competitive environment. Imagine going up against IBM in the 80s! lol

Maybe that's why he died, because they openly stole a shitton of ideas from others. They used him, then dumped his ass, figuratively speaking. Just like epstein was used, lured, dumped.

Gojiira

Yet another moronic Xbox fanboy thread…MS Profit OP, MS…Not Xbox. Xbox as a division did not make 72 Billion, and that right there is whats important.
Nobody has ever said MS is crumbling, but Xbox as a division most certainly has and is, they were almost shut down TWICE that we know of. All the copium that Fill Spender farts into the mouths of his supporters isnt going to change the fact Xbox has teetered multiple times and has still yet to make any real impact In almost two generations…

Top Bottom