• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT3| HHHNNNGGG (JYP)

Status
Not open for further replies.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate

Alta1r

H6mKR.gif

I spent too much on clothes this week to go for kpop shirts. Alas.

Check those PMs yo.

You bought a Kahi shirt?

luso

No big discussion about the best album awards, I think because everyone agrees most of the results.
Now Best Fan Service:

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

BEST SOLO
IU

BEST DEBUT
Girls' Generation - TaeTiSeo

BEST MV
T-ara - "Lovey-Dovey"

BEST MALE GROUP
Big Bang

BEST FEMALE GROUP

BEST SONG
Volume Up - 4 Minute (Volume Up)

BEST ALBUM/MINI-ALBUM
Alive - Big Bang

----

Best Fan Service

T-ara (13)
- T-ara (5)
- Hyomin (5)
- Boram (1)
- Soyeon (1)
- Hwayoung nip slip (1)

SNSD (13)
- SNSD (2)
- Taeyeon (4)
- Goddess of the goddesses (1)
- TaeTiSeo (2)
- TaeNy (2)
- Jessica (1)
- Tiffany (1)

Rainbow (11)
- Rainbow (6)
- Jaekyung (4)
- Jisook (1)

A Pink (3)

After School (3)
- Lizzy (2)
- Nana (1)

Miss A (3)
- Miss A (1)
- Min (2)

Kara (2)
- Kara (1)
- Seungyeon (1)

4Minute (2)
- Hyuna (2)

Girl’s Day (2)
- Girl’s Day (1)
- Yura (1)

IU (2)

Secret (2)
- Hyosung (2)

Yejin (Brave Girls)
Hello Venus
Nine Muses

Individuals:
- Taeyeon (11)
- Hyomin (10)
- Jaekyung (10)

Three clear leads if we talk about groups: Rainbow, SNSD, T-ara. The queens of fan-service. I think everyone agrees.
I take the "Goddess of the goddesses" as Taeyeon.

Someone gave Jaekyung a negative vote (he can answer why), but I didn't discount the point, lol. Min from Miss A chosen because of her awesome tweets.

If we separate votes into individual ones, Hyomin, Taeyeon and Jaekyung are the queens. Some people send more than 3 answers, in that case I only chose the first 3.

Peru

For those of us who are actually fans, IU's fanservice is unrivaled. She's not THAT active on twitter, but she's in the fan cafe answering Q&A's all the time, before the concert tour started several times a day.

vanty

Since when was fanservice anything other than showing some assets to make people go crazy? Jaekyung does that constantly, any time she can get some cleavage in a selca it's done ahah.

luso

Since when was fanservice anything other than showing some assets to make people go crazy? Jaekyung does that constantly, any time she can get some cleavage in a selca it's done ahah.

That's not the only way to do fan service. Some idols uses twitter, others write on UFO, some do awesome fan service while performing. Some idols overdo it and I find Rainbow a culprit on this, sometimes they are annoying like attention seekers.

Damn, that only one person thought of that album. I'm ashamed to say I forgot about him as well.

I actually thought of him, as Love & Hate is my favorite song from Korea so far this year. I didn't mention Love & Hate simply because I do not think of it as kpop I guess.

Salazar

Kpopstar jaw surgery.

AKP breaking the important stories. I think they might have overdone it, though. I think the ideal might have become a touch abstracted from anatomical purpose. Leave the girl some jaw.

Alta1r

Just watched that now that I'm not at work. That was awesome. These drawing videos are always nice.

For those of us who are actually fans, IU's fanservice is unrivaled. She's not THAT active on twitter, but she's in the fan cafe answering Q&A's all the time, before the concert tour started several times a day.

That's one type of service. I think most of us voted for something more similar to the type of service the 50 year old ahjumma masseuse meant when she said "no seubiseu."

tumblr_lno5chU9rO1qj60veo1_250.gif

best laid plans...

Lol, Minho probably has the best reaction gifs for a guy idol. Too good.

tumblr_m69hovJCoo1r61yvqo1_r1_500.gif

Peru

That's one type of service. I think most of us voted for something more similar to the type of service the 50 year old ahjumma masseuse meant when she said "no seubiseu."

Ha, but "service" is konglish for a free treat. Getting a free fondant for dessert at a restaurant is dubbed "service".

Max

I am not Max
S the One, formerly known as JQT, has announced that they’ll be joining T-Pain and Qwes Kross on their upcoming world tour, ‘Welcome to My World – Promo Tour 2012-2013‘.

The world tour will feature world famous artists like Sir Los, Kelly Rowland, and Flo Rida, and will begin July 5th in Italy and travel through 16 different cities around the world. S the One will be the opening act for six of those cities and are planning to perform a total of three tracks including “Die For Me” and “What the F“.

I wonder how many of the original members are left.

JQT's PeeKaBoo:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aoqsGA1tBqs
tumblr_m67fzmd4VX1rrgidbo8_400.gif

Peru

Paparazzi first day Oricon sales: 42525 at #2 - roughly 2000 more than Mr Taxi so more or less the same.

Meanwhile at third place it's Momoiro Clover Z! with 29025, their biggest opening day sales yet!

Fafnir

I don't think of fanservice as the byuntae ass shots, that's more of idols doing their jobs of performing and a fancammer caught it at the right angle.

I thought of the fanservice in terms of letting fans a small glimpse of their "real life" which I voted T-ara, IU, and Min solely for twitter usage, thinking back I should have nominated BoA as well.

I didn't vote any Soshi because I feel like they might want to do more to let fans into their world, but SM handlers are super protective because anything the girls do will be front page news. Reading a fan account of a TaeTiSeo fan meet, the SM handlers had a tight grip on what questions could be answered, granted this is a fan's bias of what they saw but believable. Oddly TaeNy apologized for not using twitter and wanted to, but the SONEs at the fanmeet said they didn't want any Soshi on twitter. I guess UFO is like their personal fan twitter which Soshi excel at, I just assumed other idols use it as well but we never hear about it.

Fancam fanservice of finding their specific fancammer while performing or goofing off while on stage = Soshi unrivaled.

2w9r2.gif
d6b2f.gif

X19Lv.gif
ZwsQT.gif

M5NcT.gif
3LrCA.gif
ivdCC.gif

czCMZ.gif
3FW6m.gif

Riverfield

Neo Member
iGgXVp8Br57D1.gif

Yeah, Shinee has some pretty good gifs in general.

i3UX0Lpxwv3nl.gif

ok, the sheer quantity of short shorts in the sistar mv more than makes up for the forgettableness of the song. Also goddamn they shot right in the middle of Ala Moana park, huh? Shit I've been there like 50 times. I wanna see Sistar dance in those short shorts ;~;

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Sistar released their eye candy festival:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oL2AlXWVbKU

YYYYYYYYYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHH

Edit: What asshole decided they should dance in rollerskates? Also, girls, get off my beautiful car!

Edit 2: Oops, didn't see ramyeon's post because of feist's megapost.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
Oh man.. rollerskates. This is not good for Bora. :(

Lots of gifable moments in that MV.

edit:

2ne1's new song is titled "I Love You" I guess they're finally giving in to the cutesy concept ~_~ (yeah right)

Go Away, Ugly, Lonely, Hate You

Peru

BikiniSistar gets a major thumbs up from me. Song is more lightweight than what Brave Bros have given them, but it iS summer..

Sistar's run of good singles had to end sometime, but at least the video looks amazing and i cant wait for the Gomtv version to come out.

I wish more kpop music videos were filmed outside. The large box with flashing lights thing is getting a bit tired.

luso

Revelation Award:

NeoGAF K-pop 2012 First Semester Awards

BEST SOLO
IU

BEST DEBUT

BEST MV
T-ara - "Lovey-Dovey"

BEST MALE GROUP
Big Bang

BEST FEMALE GROUP

BEST SONG
Volume Up - 4 Minute (Volume Up)

BEST ALBUM/MINI-ALBUM
Alive - Big Bang

BEST FAN SERVICE
T-ara
SNSD
Rainbow

Taeyeon
Hyomin
Jaekyung

---

REVELATION AWARD

Hello Venus (3)
Nine Muses (3)
SPICA (3)

Infinite (2)
Hwayoung (2)
Brave Girls (2)
JYP (2)
Sunny Hill (2)
TaeTiSeo (2)

(1)
Ailee
After School
Andamiro
B.A.P
BoA
Boram (T-ara)
BtoB
Busker Busker
EXO
Jay Park
Hadami
Hyoyeon
Lee Min Jung
Miryo ft. Narsha
Roly Poly MV
Seungah
Seohyun
Seungyeon
SHINee (Sherlock)
Shinhwa
Suzy
T-ara
Taecyeon
Taeyeon
Tiffany
Wonder Girls

With this award the purpose was to nominate the individuals/groups that revealed to be more than expected or climbed to another level, musically or any other way.
My first choice was 9 Muses, I recognize they improved a lot.
Below a set of received quotes trying to explain the nominations and some lols.

Girl Generation's Tiffany wins the Park Bom face of the year award.
Big Bang's Still Alive Intro turned to full song
OH GOD SPICA
Seungah, Taec (Dream High)
Hwayoung-T-ara (leveled up!)
t-ara hwayoung leveling up :eek:
JYP man that guy. That guy can dance
Boram (T-ARA) *Suddenly became hot when she finally received a decent hair style.
BoA feat. K-pop Star
Kim Taeyeon
Kim Taeyeon
Kim Taeyeon

Riverfield

Neo Member
So guys. I have a confession. It's probably going to shock all of you.

I
Sistar's
butts

tumblr_m6a8kqzjkB1rsglobo1_400.gif

Ooh-Ooh-Ooh-Ooh-Ooh-Ooh!

do share gifs!

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
omg sooooo many gifs

it's fun working with mp4

will be posting them on my tumblr when finished because they are big

Status