• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

llehuty

It's Victoria's birthday!!!!
CaIz--1UsAIZr9I.jpg:orig
CaK7dMEUEAA0FIV.jpg:orig
Poor your faves that will never look this good at 29 y/o

Mamamoo releasing this month their first full length album, and one awful picture as a teaser.

BAP also making a comeback this month with unnecesary teaser schedule:

feist_

Banned
Mamamoo @ UHD, 20min. -- [160130] 비발디파크 라이딩 콘서트 마마무 4K 직캠 no cut full ver.

New page? New Ta... errr, Seolhyun post.

AoA's Basquiat took a break from doing nothing with her time, to try her hand at a new hobby.

I'm saying she doesn't stand out among the amazing yuna & hyejeong, but wouldn't say she brings things down.
Heh, just jokes. Would love for Chanmi to prove me wrong, though. We'll see.

Amazing Yuna indeed.
Second only to Choa, so yeah.

It's Victoria's birthday!!!!

Poor your faves that will never look this good at 29 y/o
Toria.

Peru

I feel the opposite. I can play it on my IEMs at dangerous levels and it still lacks punch. Aside from it being muffled, the girls voices are literally recessed as far as they can go. .

That's the cool part, the loud farty things take over

neoism

taengoooo������������������

Rain MV

posted it before i watched it..
���� it's pretty disappointing I swear I don't understand SM.... they should have just included it on her I album along with Secret which is actually better and made the second single Gemini which is a far stronger song it's almost as strong as I was smh....

Secret audio

luso

It's just an ok-ish song, not oustanding, the song seems closer to a "SM the Ballad" song, which I dislike.
THe other complain is the instrumental seems too loud compared with the voice, let me hear Taengoo clearly! Probably that's why Secret may be better.

Edit: I also think this SM weekly releases will bring nothing new on the long run and only bigger names will continue to have some relevance of their releases. And that global male group concept is lame.

neoism

It's just an ok-ish song, not oustanding, the song seems closer to a "SM the Ballad" song, which I dislike.
THe other complain is the instrumental seems too loud compared with the voice, let me hear Taengoo clearly! Probably that's why Secret may be better.

yeah the song isnt very relistenable which is sad..:/ owell i guess i shouldnt have expected a single as good as "I" with SM...the MV was great and tae in deem short..���� but the song just isnt good enough to warrant it...

roaSone

Rain is decent but, seriously, SM, do you still don't know how to properly balance your instrumentalisation sound or what ? Jesus.
Taengoo's voice is barely audible, what a bummer.

Secret is just great, typical ballad sound but with that voice of her, it had to work out and it did.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I love it when someone has stood strategically yet awkwardly center screen in the background. That's a big play. Can you fake your congratulatory expressions enough to fill the space?

Ashhong

based 4minute

they tricked me hard with that drop. the song turned to shit. why couldn't it be like skrillex's bieber beats

Ashhong

I was predicting that he would phone it in for an easy paycheck
or a chance to hit on Hyuna
, sadly I was right.

Not like Bieber's album was a work of art. But he couldn't even give us that.

Although, I highly doubt they hired him for that kind of sound.

edit: also, did they take it down from Apple Music? For some reason I see it but it won't play. Says the item is no longer available.

I agree with Ashlong about 4M's song... it started off so great then womp womp womp.

you really are a southern boy

LMAO.

My only southern attributes are my supposedly Texan accent and the fact that I live in Texas.
.. I can't even do a southern drawl like Joel from TLOU. :(

I say supposedly because I don't hear the difference... but apparently to non-Texans I've got an accent going.

Beyond that, I couldn't be anywhere close to being Southern lol.

Peru

So is "Hate" a flop? We already lost Kara this year I guess 4Minute and After School are the next casualties.

It's not doing as well as Crazy, no. But ALL their releases the past few years have been huge hits. Top tier. So that thing about contracts seemed like pure media play.

Ashhong

It's not doing as well as Crazy, no. But ALL their releases the past few years have been huge hits. Top tier. So that thing about contracts seemed like pure media play.

They've been huge hits? That's surprising to me. Guess Korea really loves that sound. I read that Hate has dropped from the charts though

Pendulum

They've been huge hits?
Yes. Historically and digitally speaking, 4Minute have been on the tier just below SNSD/2NE1, and in recent years they've sometimes been selling more (e.g. What's Your Name vs I Got A Boy vs Missing You). Every 4Minute song before this year has been in the Top 10 (mostly Top 5), aside from Cold Rain (which I would count as a pre-release track).

That's surprising to me.
Not sure what's surprising about a popular group having some hits. Even I can accept that some people, somewhere, like SNSD's "Party".

I read that Hate has dropped from the charts though
No, it's in the charts.

No No Eul

Best Hip Hop
Gary - 12

Dynamic Duo - 7
Yoon Mirae - 7
Zico - 7
Yezi - 2
Primary - 2

Best Song
f(x) - 4 Walls - 8

Wonder Girls - I Feel You - 6
Big Bang - Loser - 3
Stellar - Vibrato - 3
BTS - I NEED U - 2
Oh My Girl - Closer - 2
Primary Feat.ChoA,IRON - Don't be shy - 2

Really surprised Primary didn't get more love.

Thank you to everyone that voted and to No No Eul for the collaboration.

Thank you, sir.

I'm all for an abrupt transition between verse and chorus but those 'loud farty things', as Peru so aptly described them, are complete garbage.

That's really rather nice.

Uhhhhhhh. So, we're getting a Brave Girls comeback apparently. Only 2 original members. Yejin not one of them.

When you said only two original members, I wasn't expecting there to be an additional five! It's a shame that Yejin isn't there but then again, I'm amazed that any of them are.

l'm pretty intrigued to see what Brave Bros does with the group. Hopefully they get some decent support this time.

Also, I approve of the leggings.

Ashhong

Yes. Historically and digitally speaking, 4Minute have been on the tier just below SNSD/2NE1, and in recent years they've sometimes been selling more (e.g. What's Your Name vs I Got A Boy vs Missing You). Every 4Minute song before this year has been in the Top 10 (mostly Top 5), aside from Cold Rain (which I would count as a pre-release track).

Not sure what's surprising about a popular group having some hits. Even I can accept that some people, somewhere, like SNSD's "Party".

No, it's in the charts.

There's a big difference between "some people, somewhere" and a popular group consistently making hits. I didn't realize 4minute were still as popular as they once were, so it's surprising to me.

llehuty

More Gfriend Weekly idol highlights:
(WeeklyIdol EP.236) GFRIEND K-POP Cover Dance Full Ver.
(WeeklyIdol EP.236) GFRIEND Random Play Dance Full Ver.
(WeeklyIdol EP.236) Entertainment god bless GFRIEND Yuju
Based Yuju.

And Producer 101 ep 2 subbed is going to be released later today.

This is mindblowing, some parts are just so damn well executed, SinB is godlike from the start til the end.
Yeah, I hope they keep doing this on weekly idol, because it's really amazing. Here is Taemin doing a section of Lucifer at high speed.

Top Bottom