• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Cuddler

Best Male Rookie Group
Seventeen - 19

IKON - 11
DAY6 - 4
MONSTA X - 2
Romeo - 2

Best Female Rookie Group
Twice - 23

Oh My Girl - 11
GFriend - 5
The Ark - 4
CLC - 2

Best Female Group
Red Velvet - 14

Mamamoo - 6
Wonder Girls - 6
Girls Generation - 5
4Minute - 4

Best Male Group
Shinee - 13

Big Bang - 12
BTS - 6
EXO - 6

Best Male Solo Artist
PSY - 16

Zion.T - 11
Lim Chang Jung - 4
JYP - 2
Jay Park - 2
Jong Hyun - 2

Best Female Solo Artist
IU - 11*(10)
Taeyeon - 10

Lim Kim - 7
Ailee - 5
BoA - 2
Park Yerin - 2

Best Solo Dance Performance
PSY - 18

BoA - 15
Gain - 7
JYP - 5

Best Female Group Dance Performance
Red Velvet - 18

4Minute - 11
AOA - 7
EXID - 3
f(x) - 2

Best Male Group Dance Performance
BTS - 16

Seventeen - 7
EXO - 5
Infinite - 5
Shinee - 5

Best Male Vocal Performance
Zion.T - 18

2BiC - 5
Brown Eyed Soul - 5
Lim Chang Jung - 3
SG Wannabe - 3

Best Female Vocal Performance
Taeyeon - 12

Ailee - 10
Mamamoo - 10
IU - 7
Davichi - 3

Best Hip Hop
Gary - 12

Dynamic Duo - 7
Yoon Mirae - 7
Zico - 7
Yezi - 2
Primary - 2

Best MV
f(x) - 4 Walls - 6
Red Velvet - Dumb Dumb - 6

The Ark - The Light - 5
Crayon POP - FM - 4
4Minute - Crazy - 3

Best Song
f(x) - 4 Walls - 8

Wonder Girls - I Feel You - 6
Big Bang - Loser - 3
Stellar - Vibrato - 3
BTS - I NEED U - 2
Oh My Girl - Closer - 2
Primary Feat.ChoA,IRON - Don't be shy - 2

Best Album
Wonder Girls - Reboot - 15

Red Velvet - Red - 7
Big Bang - MADE - 3
PSY - THE 7TH Album - 3
BoA - Kiss My Lips - 2
BTS - HYYH pt.2 - 2
Hyukoh - 22 - 2
Jay Park - Worldwide - 2
Taeyeon - I - 2

Most Loved by GAF
Girls Generation - 16

9 Muses - 13
BTS - 2
Red Velvet - 2

Most discussed thing of the year
Why is my favorite idol/group better than your favorite idol/group objectively speaking - 12

IU sucking a bottle of milk MV/I can be rude without consequences/Zeze/plagiarism/etc... controversy - 11
2BiC and 9Muses still not as popular as they could be - 8
How is it possible that this song that I don't like is number 1 and the song I like is not even charting? - 7
Sulli officially leaves f(x). The love for Choiza continue - 2
Taeyeon - 2

Best K-Pop GAF member
llehuty - 12

No No Eul - 11
Dice - 4
Peru - 3
AgentChris - 2
Pendulum - 2

Full results can be found here. Thank you to everyone that voted and to No No Eul for the collaboration.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Hyosung doing solo promos so far out from her last round and Secret is where? I know there were rumors of discord among them, but I don't care about that. Please just tell me this means she's coming out with a new mini soon. Hyosung 5ever.

RedEther

Happy Birthday to Twice's leader Jihyo

2BZzHOq.gif

llehuty

Hyosung doing solo promos so far out from her last round and Secret is where? I know there were rumors of discord among them, but I don't care about that. Please just tell me this means she's coming out with a new mini soon. Hyosung 5ever.

I think she is having a comeback on February or March. klogg posted about it, but I forgot the exact details.

More goodninght kiss and less Spice Girls covers would be appreciated.

Best K-Pop GAF member
llehuty - 12

No No Eul - 11
Dice - 4
Peru - 3
AgentChris - 2
Pendulum - 2
Pendulum was robbed!
But seriously, RIP at me getting more awards than 9muses.

Best Female Group
Red Velvet - 14

Mamamoo - 6
Wonder Girls - 6
Girls Generation - 5
4Minute - 4
Lmao, this is a mess.
But Wonder Girls > SNSD confirmed.

And lol, checking the votes:
ZPtUSp9.png

Bonus: Someone being salty
kwei6oV.png

Dice

What fools voted for me? Undercover Hyeyeon stans, no doubt.

Happy Birthday to Twice's leader Jihyo
Best Twice, easily. Charisma machine. Tho I'm not opposed to Sana and (if she can ever promote again) Tzuyu. Momo is okay.

The chorus in Hate is really...bad. The verses are decent but man that chorus is really out of place and irredeemable. Guess I'm still sticking with Hit Your Heart for my 4minute fixes

Peru

Yesss Hate. Delicious nonsensical 4-songs-in-one k-poppery. Chorus is clearly the best part. "sireo, sireo, naneun sireo"

llehuty

"So do we release a ballad or a banger as a single"
"whynotboth.gif"

I'm not going to lie, I feel like the song is a good, although I wish they did a better job at connecting both parts, like Hyuna's last breakdown/pre-chorus/bridge/whatever.

I like how they embraced the insane song jumps also in the MV. Although they can keep the white t-shirts (the red sweaters are cool tho)

I don't mind a song that has a drop in the chorus like 4minute's new song, but it's such a bad one. Well, maybe not bad, but the build-up is too good that that drop sounds disappointing. I'm not sure what to feel, that styling doesn't help either. Maybe it'll grow, but I do prefer Crazy as well.

Were those bullying rumours regarding Chanmi and the two other members of 5dolls ever substantiated?

You know what, funnily enough I felt those rumors were much more talked about by international fans. There was that Co-ed School forum back in the day, which was pretty 'huge' as a fanbase and also had T-ara fans under it's wings. They shared that news and lots of people were talking about it, but I don't recall it being such a scandal in Korea. At least not to the extent of some other scandals Co-ed School members had (underage drinking, that one member being called a rapist). I don't think the rumors were ever confirmed by the 'bullied' members either. I always took it with a grain of salt.

llehuty

Damn Im at work. How good is the video?
All over the place, like the song. The "classy" stylings are really good (Gayoon <3, Hyuna with some cool shades). The sweater outfits are cool. The white tanktops from the teasers are still awful.

The video is not very groundbreaking, some cool outdoor shots, and then the usual individual shots in generic sets. Red colour is a constant during the whole thing.

The choreo doesn't look very memorable, but it's not the focus of the MV. I'm curious about the transitions between sections.

It actually reminds me a bit of 9muses' Wild MV, but with a budget.

Pendulum

And lol, checking the votes:
ZPtUSp9.png
^
At least you like me, llehuty
tumblr_mmil4kprYA1s28t2ko3_250.gif

You redeemed your mistake of voting Gary above Dynamic Duo (who put out the album of the year last year) by voting for Wonder Girls' "Reebot" and not going stupid with the SNSD votes in the Best Female Group category, K-PopGaf. Well done.

Thanks for the poll, Cuddler.
FpzHV.jpg

I'm really enjoying this post-Brave Bros era of 4Minute. The Shinsadong Tiger era is unbeatable, but this is the kind of stuff 4Minute needs to be doing now. (No, "Hate" isn't better than "Crazy", but this is great nevertheless).
Edit: That chorus dance, especially with the flowing formation changes, works so well.

---

AOA Cream teaser images

---

f(x) finally has their fanclub name - ME U
Just don't go using the hangul for it.
(Disappointed they didn't use Unsullied)

Cuddler

Device Hoon is finally back together with some of the Malhada guys for a medley, a Justin Bieber medley:
JUSTIN BIEBER - MEDLEY M/V (iPhone Ver.)
Really well done medley and cute video, also the female singers they choose are always really good.
He also was featured in a Changmo song:
Changmo (&#52285;&#47784;) - Cater 2 You (Feat. Device Hoon)
I really like it even if I'm not really a fan of some of the effects in the song and on the voices. If you are interested you can actually download the entire Changmo mixtape, there is a link on his souncloud.
Thanks for the survey Cuddler! llehuty and No No Eul best members <3
Thank you for voting! :)
Thanks for the poll, Cuddler.
FpzHV.jpg

AOA Cream teaser images
Thank you for voting and for the unforgettable best photo. <3
AOA Cream teaser images
Eww, I guess this is a new low for kpop, I mean all those good ice cream(?) wasted.
Possibly only redeemed if they have a chubby boyfriend in the mv

Eldren

AOA Cream are going to save the kpop industry.

Hate is super good, the individual shots have some really nice styling and lighting, the choreo looks fun and the song itself is great. I'm very happy with this.

roaSone

Getting back to you after listening to the entire 4M's album and especially that drop on Hate, it does get better after some more tries tbh.
Others songs are far from being your typical boring fillers, they're all really decent! They have to promote Canvas, that song is a banger.

Pendulum

Watching last week's Running Man (283) and I'm left wondering how many North Koreans are "free" to be able to appear on South Korean television.

Dice

Sorry but that chorus is ludicrously loud and amazing.
I feel the opposite. I can play it on my IEMs at dangerous levels and it still lacks punch. Aside from it being muffled, the girls voices are literally recessed as far as they can go. The chorus is a vacuum when it should be an explosion. Not sure these production choices would even make something happen in a blaring car system where you're completely surrounded by the sound.

Yet my disappointment is actually mostly in the verses. That "my first chord progression" just laid out bare, not dressed up or played off of in any interesting way and with no layers, metronome rhythm, it's the definition of boring. They have had some other songs like that but for the most part their portfolio is filled with incredibly interesting, dynamic, and fresh experiments in genre blending. If this is the result of one of them sitting down with a piano or guitar and making something of their own then it's kinda cute and understandable, but it's not something I'd bother with very long or seek out.

feist_

Banned
f(x) finally has their fanclub name - ME U
Just don't go using the hangul for it.
(Disappointed they didn't use Unsullied)
lStcCPesEk.gif

So much dumping on Chanmi... *smh*
Chanmi is pretty lacking, yeah. I don't think her charm levels are terribad
*cough*like her singing*cough*
but next to god-tier charm Hyejeong she doesn't stand a chance. She's hot tho
Minority opinion: hotter than Mina
so at least she has that, but again next to god-tier hotness members in AOA
such as Yuna, RIP Chanmi even in subunit
she doesn't really shine.
P8jyaS7-JW.gif

Dice

I'm saying she doesn't stand out among the amazing yuna & hyejeong, but wouldn't say she brings things down.

llehuty

I was doing some PC cleaning and I found these bangers I forgot:

NS Yoon G - The Reason I Became A Witch [AMAYA VS GROOVEBOT REMIX] (mp3)
KARA – STEP (DJ AMAYA VS. GROOVEBOT REMIX) (mp3)
GIRLS GENERATION – THE BOYS (DJ AMAYA VS. GROOVEBOT REMIX) (mp3)
KIM SORI – DUAL LIFE (DJ AMAYA VS. GROOVEBOT CIRCUIT BENT CLUB REMIX) (mp3)

Bonus, this new one:
WONDER GIRLS – I FEEL YOU (HELI COVER VERSION)(DJ AMAYA VS. GROOVEBOT REMIX)
I'm pissed that this has some crappy cover vocals instead of the originals, because HOLY SHIT, other than that, it's PERFECT.

*50MB .wav versions in his webpage*

Based DJ Amaya, Areia tried.

Top Bottom