• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

JKTrix

I did! I still have the other link with the episodes that haven't been translated yet ready in case that happens. The two shows I'm watching now just started including Sashihara more frequently, 2009 era.

Peru

I think they might still come. But the group subbing them is now one person apparently. The HKT48 documentary she directed seems to be partly in the same style and is sure to get subbed.

#Onec

CZvOi4-WQAAxeYS.jpg

Ew at letting idols read negative social media comments. Last thing we need is to make people think their negative online comments carry any weight, especially towards idols. Disgusting.

I watched P101 subbed, thanks for the links. As expected it's so overly edited, it's no joke. I love it for the mess that it is. Oh my god at Chanmi's storyline, one of the headlines highlighting co-ed's underage drinking, but not her bullying scandal eh? The performance of the Cube girls seemed edited down too much, idk if there are full performances anywhere but I don't really care too much. I recognized a girl from the flopgroup smile-g, but unfortunately not the cute one. Curious about the Happy Face girls, guess they're on in a future episode.

Pendulum

Ew at letting idols read negative social media comments. Last thing we need is to make people think their negative online comments carry any weight, especially towards idols. Disgusting.

Humor can help defuse and change the power of words though, likewise with bullying. E.g.
There's also a psychological benefit to reading mean tweets from people who "want their words to bring you down and have an effect," Sameer Hinduja, codirector of the Cyberbullying Research Center, told TakePart. "Reading mean tweets visibly demonstrates that you haven't lost control," says Hinduja, a criminology professor at Florida Atlantic University. "You've been able to recover. You demonstrate that you're calm and in control and that you won't let [bullies] define you or invalidate you or suffocate you."

Humor can help defuse and change the power of words though, likewise with bullying. E.g.

Yeah, that's also very true. There's many 'celebrities read mean tweets' kinda videos that have a humorous intent. In this situation however it didn't feel very comfortable, even if Dal Shabet was able to joke throughout it and not take the negativity to heart. They are a pretty strong group that has gone though their fair share of netizens attacking them on social media (Serri got death threats at some point etc). Put a rookie group in that situation and it might not be the same, some comments did seem pretty harsh. I gasped when Serri read out loud her nose looked like Michael Jackson's, lol.

feist_

Banned
Like the new Yezi song, but don't love it. Now to listen to the rest of the mini.

As for NCT, it would take a lot for me to care enough to follow that format. Not a fan of Dynasty Idols Jpop Mosou anymore than I'd be a fan of the Kpop equivalent. No Produce 101 for me either.

Shame, as I was looking forward to the boy rookies debuting as a standard 5-7 member group at some point.

[SMROOKIES] SR15B_ BASSBOT
[SMROOKIES] SR15B_0701 DANCE PRACTICE
SMROOKIES_SR14B_SUPER MOON

My faves! Justice has been done. FNC actually promoting some of the less popular members, when will SM? Still waiting on those other sub-unit line-ups they promised.
SM are trend-setters. They already have a group with a largely superfluous member who can't rap or sing.*

I'm all for underdogs, but AoA Chanmi seems to bring even less to the table than Red Velvet's Yeri. As much unwarranted hate as Hyoyeon used to get, she had charm, could dance and was funny. Chanmi has none of that.

*insert Irene jokes* but apart from some awkwardness in public, none of Irene's skills are at a deficit compared o Yeri

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
As much unwarranted hate as Hyoyeon used to get, she had charm, could dance and was funny.
Disagree.

Anyways, Chanmi is pretty lacking, yeah. I don't think her charm levels are terribad
*cough*like her singing*cough*
but next to god-tier charm Hyejeong she doesn't stand a chance. She's hot tho
Minority opinion: hotter than Mina
so at least she has that, but again next to god-tier hotness members in AOA
such as Yuna, RIP Chanmi even in subunit
she doesn't really shine.

llehuty

Hotter than Mina? lol. Go home Dice, you are drunk.

Anyway, Produce101 first episode was good. I was expecting a more manpulative edit, but they were only 2 or 3 girls with shoehorned edit/stories. Everything before the actual performances was really entertaining.

And, damn you Pledis, debut that group as it is already!

KBS announces the full line-up of girl group members for their Lunar New Year's special program.

EXID's Hani and Solji
TWICE's Jungyeon and Dahyun
Orange Caramel's Lizzy (After School)
G-Friend's Yuju
BESTie's Hyeyeon
Hello Venus' Nara
AOA's Jimin
Nine Muses' Kyung Li
FIESTAR's Cao Lu
Youngji
Park Bo Ram
NC.A

Plus:
TWICE's Nayeon
FIESTAR's Yezi

The special program will feature the girls taking on veiled missions. The MCs are Kim Gu Ra, Jun Hyun Moo and Kim Jun Hyun.

Hello Venus? lol.

Youngji : /

PInk Tape

Banned

Pendulum

The only ' credible' music awards in Korea, nominations: http://www.indiefulrok.com/2016/01/kma2016-nominees/
At least Reboot gets credibly recognised.
These awards are always great to go sifting through. Time to see what gems I've missed.

---

Peejay (피제이) - Moonstruck (Feat. Qim Isle, Oh Hyuk)
Peejay and Oh Hyuk, who put out three of my favorite albums from last year? Yes please.

---

Nicole 「DON'T STOP」(Full ver.)

---

[MV] 검정치마 - 'EVERYTHING'

---

Jungah is graduating from After School. tbh, I thought she already had.
I think everybody has :/

Peru

IU is Castlereagh, Metternich, Czar Alexander I, and all the ultrareactionaries of Europe who opposed Napoleon rolled into one. And she is more determined to destroy the KPop Boom, created by SM, than all of these 3 guys' determination to destroy Napoleon combined (two of them sometimes negotiated with Nap and only Castlereagh was determined to crush Napoleon thoroughly)

Pendulum

Popu Lady's Yushan (if she's still in, I never saw who got the boot from that dumb reality show idea?)

No one got booted. It was all marketing.

---

Tiffany always wanted a guy with street cred.

No idea if he's a better boyfriend, but he's a better artist. Produced Zion. T's "Two Melodies" and Gary's "Shower Later" amongst others. I'd date him instead of Nichkhun because we could make love to his music.
tumblr_m9n90vdNk51r8vchh.gif

(SM's denied it though. Speaking of which though, I expect some AOMG influence on her solo stuff)

Top Bottom