• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT6| Thank You for Love

Pendulum

Cgsgm5wUUAEeNm-.jpg:orig

flyover

Just bought tickets to go see B.A.P tomorrow night in Chicago, because why the hell not? Tix were 9 bucks at StubHub. I don't really even know much by them.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
$9? And I thought it was a steal when WG went there completely unknown. Should definitely be worth it.

flyover

$9? And I thought it was a steal when WG went there completely unknown. Should definitely be worth it.

Yeah. Buyers' market on the resale tix. Face value was over $50 each. Should be fun! I love the punctuation in the name of the tour on the ticket: "WORLD TOUR U..S AWAKE!!."

PInk Tape

Banned

llehuty

Baauer - Temple ft. M.I.A., G-DRAGON
Cheesy intro aside, this is good, but almost anything that M.I,A touches is. It also helps that G-Dragon is well contained and without his annoying antics.

[Teaser] SEVENTEEN(세븐틴) _ Pretty U(예쁘다)
Up until now, they have delivered, so we will see.

HUFF N PUFF, Red Velvet - 8 Bits
Not a fan of this one in particular, but I know people in here enjoy them.

Dubstep instrumental during the chorus? Really cautious about the whole thing, but at least it looks like they are not playing it safe.

Cheer Up sounds like it'll be interesting. Might be amazing, might be atrocious, time will tell. That being said my overall impression of the album based on these tiny clips is mostly quite negative. I don't hear a single Like a Fool or Ooh-Ahh. The best sounding song based on this is the fucking intro from Sixteen lol.

fake edit: The more I listen to Cheer Up the more I like it. Looks like the album might have its Ooh-Ahh after all. Keeping my hype levels toned down though.

llehuty

Seventeen were just doing their comeback showcase live. The song is a bit too much on the cute side, but can't hate since they are very entertaining performing. I guess MV should be dropping soon, but it's a bit disapointing because it's showing zero choreo.

Though that makes it like the 4th male Pledis comeback in a row or something, smh.

You wait months for a delivery from the Mwave store and then two appear in two days. :D

Firstly, signed Gfriend.

Secondly, goodies from Stellar's Makestar project. I'm pretty sure I asked them to use my real name on the cover but whatever. :p

Lipstick all over the inside cover, plus Jeonyul polaroid. Also a sticker sheet, because why not.
It looks nice, there is something definitely cute about signing the album to No No Eul. Getting my money ready for 9muses *.*

llehuty

pretty u kinda sucks, but the video is great. reminds me of bts - run

Eh Seventeen. It's like NU'est being good but then releasing 'sleep talking.'
Hopefully they can stay relevant because Pledis needs $$$.

It kinda works during the live performance though. The song by itself is doing nothing for me, tho.

llehuty

At0aueW.png

Damn. There's the J-Line and then there's everyone else. Did Nayeon even have any lines?

Nayeon gets half of the chorus, the intro, and a segment during the vocal breakdown with Mina. I think it's well balanced, with the rappers getting the short end of the stick like in Ohh Aah, for obvious reasons.

I'm trash for liking that Lovelyz song, I don't even know the group. That song is a mess but it gives me high drama. The MV needs to calm down with those camera pans though, the soft-focus also looks terrible. But I like it, the song that is.

roaSone

I did a quick first listen of the mini album, I'd say 'The Story Begins' was slightly better cuz 'Like a Fool' but
'Cheer Up' is so damn good and there's still 'I'm Gonna Be A Star' to be released soo~, it could surpass their debut album.

I really like the chorus a lot, despite the ridiculous pronunciation. Aside from that, I kinda like Momo and Jungyeons lead ups to the chorus. Rest of the song sucks ass. I'll probably come back for the chorus though.*

러블리즈(Lovelyz) "Destiny (나의 지구)" Official MV
Not feeling this. The verses are ok, I guess, but the chorus is a hot mess. Not that they had any chance next to Twice... but meh anyway.

Like a few of their other songs, it's alright, but a little too heavy on the boring side.*

OK I need to see the video again.

So Mina is the best right? At first I didnt think much of her but I think shes the best member.

Ehh I don't think that hair color suits her much at all. There's definitely an argument to be made for her, but not based on this mv imo. Arguments are futile anyway, Momo is the best.

* At work with shitty speakers.

feist_

Banned
Posting 1theK's version of Lovelyz because the Woollim Ent. link is buggy on my end, currently only showing 360p and 720p options:

[MV] Lovelyz(러블리즈) _ Destiny (나의 지구)

Like Twice's "Cheer Up," but don't love it. Certainly sounds like a grower and the video is solid.

Loveyz' "Destiny" maintains the feel of their songs while experimenting more than their past singles have. It's ok, though the bridge doesn't grab me and the chorus feels as though it could've been executed better.

Only Seventeen songs I like are "Mansae" and the collaboration with Ailee. "Adore U" doesn't do much for me, yet it's better than their latest single. Hope their fans buy the mini enough for Pledis to then be able to invest in Orange Caramel, a reborn After School or finally figure out what to do with E-Young before she gives up on her musical pursuits.

E-Young is easily one of the most underutilised people in K-Pop.

I did a quick first listen of the mini album, I'd say 'The Story Begins' was slightly better cuz 'Like a Fool' but
'Cheer Up' is so damn good and there's still 'I'm Gonna Be A Star' to be released soo~, it could surpass their debut album.
Have yet to listen to the "Page Two" mini, but "Like A Fool" may be their best song.

So Mina is the best right? At first I didnt think much of her but I think shes the best member.
You could make an argument for about the top 4-6* members being the best. I've said before that personality queen Dahyun is technically best Twice, but J-line too strong. Dahyun is only about 16-17y/o and should get better. Hopefully she maintains the great personality and energy, while avoiding becoming an annoying try-hard or awful member.

*7 if you stretch

No No Eul

E-Young is easily one of the most underutilised people in K-Pop.

Totally! Super cute and she got introduced as a girl with many talents, but we never really saw them. I always waited for that moment they would showcase her, but she always remained a background member. Well they kinda tried with After School Blue, but no one likes to remember that. :I

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
It's okay, though way better than Like Ooh-Ahh. I was more interested in other songs on the album. The lyrics of the song are interesting and make me wonder about the purpose of the song in culture. One could see it as promoting the "girls ought to play hard to get" thing, but in situations where a girl feels she has to and dislikes it, she could use this song as a clue for her guy. That's a cute kind of controlled rebellion against traditions.

러블리즈(Lovelyz) "Destiny (나의 지구)" Official MV
Not feeling this. The verses are ok, I guess, but the chorus is a hot mess. Not that they had any chance next to Twice... but meh anyway.
OnePiece has this odd habit of making something that sounds like it's going to go somewhere and then putting a leash on it. The melody sounds really forcefully constrained from the prechorus forward, like it's stamping out a fire. I wonder if the songs are originally better but Lovelyz sucks at singing so they change it? Works for nap time, though, so I'm cool with Lovelyz playing that role.

Totally! Super cute and she got introduced as a girl with many talents, but we never really saw them. I always waited for that moment they would showcase her, but she always remained a background member. Well they kinda tried with After School Blue, but no one likes to remember that. :I
#TeamEyoung

Top Bottom