• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

Peru

Disappointing IU tracklist, don't know what she's spent the years since Chat-Shire on if she's just writing lyrics for most tracks. Hopefully spent on making that G-Dragon featuring title track the best thing ever.

llehuty

LABOUM(라붐) - 'Hwi hwi (휘휘)' Official M/V Teaser
Laboum so underrated, they always have very consistent and quality releases, and this seems to be one of their best. The visuals are also on point. Bless makestar.

Disappointing IU tracklist, don't know what she's spent the years since Chat-Shire on if she's just writing lyrics for most tracks. Hopefully spent on making that G-Dragon featuring title track the best thing ever.
For reference:
C9RpkkzWsAEq0CF.jpg
Huh, maybe she just wanted to work with other composers and that's it?. And Chat Shire was just one year anda half ago, I'd rather have this than no IU.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
To be fair, agencies should realize their idols are human beings, not just pretty camera-cattle, and let them know about shit before they are literally driving to the appointment to do it.

키썸 (Kisum) - 잘자 (Sleep tight) (Feat. 길구봉구 (Gilgubonggu))

For some reason 1thek hasn't uploaded it yet so this will do.

But anyway... my fave qt 3.14 rapper is back and damn, this is amazing! Mind you, I literally just finished going through King Kendrick's DAMN. so my judgement is kinda out of sync right now due to the greatness of that album lol.

The song is a little different from Kisum's usual but man this is really really good. The backing track is also amazing with that retro Moog or whatever you call gliding synth.

Either way, I'm totally feeling this right now... this might be one of my faves throughout the year.

Hmmm, which albums did you buy?

And yeah, if you give us concrete names of artists, we can point you to similar ones.

I bought AOA's mini albums 2 and 3 (I think?) and EXID's Street. The songs that inspired those purchases are Heart Attack, Like a Cat, and Up & Down (which I did realize was not one the album before I bought it!). I like those songs as they have lots of hooks. I find that really interesting and American pop doesn't really do that.

llehuty

[MV] 효린(HYOLYN)X창모(CHANGMO) - BLUE MOON (Prod. GroovyRoom)
This sound has been overdone to death lately (in kpop and elsewhere), but I guess it's an allright song.

[WASSUP(와썹)] WASSUP 3RD MINI ALBUM [COLOR TV ] M/V
Cute attempt, but the song is lacking a bit of character. The group seems quite unbalanced with the members they have now, the four have the same style of voices and ends up being a bit annoying.

[MV] Rubber Soul(러버소울) _ Dream x Ny Fish
I love this group, but what's with the low quality MV?

LABOUM(라붐) 2nd MINI ALBUM "MISS THIS KISS" Highlight medley
Title track sounds like a hit.

[Teaser] BerryGood(베리굿) _ BibbidiBobbidiBoo(비비디바비디부)
A disco song? I still not ure about the song, but I like that they are switching things up for every comeback. Alos, what the hell is that teaser?

CHERRSEE「Cry again」Teaser
Sounds hype. To think that a couple of years ago I hated almost everything that Brave Bros did... what a turn around.

I bought AOA's mini albums 2 and 3 (I think?) and EXID's Street. The songs that inspired those purchases are Heart Attack, Like a Cat, and Up & Down (which I did realize was not one the album before I bought it!). I like those songs as they have lots of hooks. I find that really interesting and American pop doesn't really do that.
Hmmm, interesting. Knowing this I think we can give you better recommendations.

If you haven't checked these groups out, I think some of them could be up your alley.

나인뮤지스 9MUSES - 다쳐 Hurt Locker
Girl's Day(걸스데이) - Female president(여자대통령)
T-ARA (티아라) _ SugarFree
After School(애프터스쿨) _ Flashback
f(x) - Red Light
KARA - STEP
KIM SORI _ Dual Life (이중생활)
Girls' Generation - The Great Escape

It's kind of sad how most of these acts are over, about to disband, or a shadow of what they were, RIP
A wide spectrum of different electronic sounds, some of the groups have several songs in this same style (T-ARA, 9Muses,...), while for others it was just a one off thing (After School).

Keep posting your impressions and we can show you more stuff!

No No Eul

Has anyone else watched the Cosmic Girls series "My Cosmic Diary"? Generally speaking, it's a regular behind-the-scenes look at a rookie girl group but there are parts of the show that are framed through the eyes of a fictional WJSN super fan who follows the group everywhere it goes.

At the start, these segments were just kind of irritating but they've become increasingly creepy as the series has progressed. I'm now up to episode 5 where WJSN has stopped their official promotions for MoMoMo and the super fan is desperately posting on message boards trying to locate their whereabouts and tracking them down wherever and whenever he can. He's practically a full-blown stalker at this point.

You'd almost think it's meant to be some sort of damning social commentary but it's played far too sincerely for that, like, "aren't these fans so adorable, the way they'll do anything to see their faves is so heart-warming". :/

tl;dr I still don't know who half the members are.

Boss Mog

Man I haven't been in here for like 4 months. So much I wanna say and comment on but I'm too tired right now.

I will ask this though, how come on so many lists of the top visuals there's no Jennie? The girl is stunning:
DL0oAO9.gif

llehuty

170415 베리굿BerryGood - 비비디바비디부 BibbidiBobbidiBoo [거리공연 현대시티아울렛] by drighk 직캠fancam
Verses are good, but the chorus is a bit underwhelming. A downgrade over their 2016 releases, but seems fun enough, and the choreography fits the song this time around.

So is LE giving BESTie’s “Love Options” a shout on “Night Rather Than Day” or nah?
I'll take any excuse to post anything related to Love Options.

oc

peanutbutterchocolate
i miss bestie.. love options is way too good.

i still listen to ioi fairly often.

probably listened's to exid's mini 10x now. it's short and sweet, a great listen front to back. hani is and has always been #1 in exid.

Anybody here watch Guesthouse Daughters?

Horse Fany told me to watch it since it's sorta like Knowing Brothers(more so since Lee Soo-geun is a cast member) + Roommate but with actresses(aka variety newbies).

I just finished the first episode and I'm fncking hyped lol. They did a pre-show meeting for 2/3's of the show, figuring out how it would work and it was pretty great.

The best part of the episode comes at the latter third when they're showing off the guesthouse and they're in Soo-hong's room where a lot of the stuff is hinting that he's a perv... Jang Shin-young notices that there's a stack of toilet paper on his desk and just badgers him about it with a very wry and knowing smile. I fucking lost it at that point and fell in love. <3

llehuty

Let's see what they have in store this time around.

Chungha (&#52397;&#54616;) "&#50900;&#54868;&#49688;&#47785;&#44552;&#53664;&#51068;" Preview Film
Prerelease track teaser, out on the 21st

&#53944;&#47532;&#54540; H(Triple H) - Concept Preview
Hyuna with the daunting task of making Pentagon relevant, for the sake of Cube. I'd rather have Troublemaker, though.

Fancam of Momoland shooting their comeback MV.
Making dabs the key point dance... *facepalm*. Song sounds super generic also. I expected more from Duble Sidekick's girl group. Oh well, maybe they will have another catchy B-side.

No comment.

Let's see what they have in store this time around.

Damn this soon?

Granted I fell off the KARD train a few weeks after Don't Recall came out so eh. I'm looking forward to this though... my only hope is that they fully commit to that dancehall sound. They've touched upon it on Oh Nana and Don't Recall but I just want them to go all out this time and make it as ratchet as possible lol.

At first I thought it must be some poor rookie group but then the horrifying truth dawned on me.

Whoever came up with that needs to take time off and reflect.

My god how the mighty have fallen.

2-3 years ago, A-Pinkeu was consistently at the top but these days... I don't even know why they still exist besides giving Eunji breaks from solos and drama work lol.

My god how the mighty have fallen.

2-3 years ago, A-Pinkeu was consistently at the top but these days... I don't even know why they still exist besides giving Eunji breaks from solos and drama work lol.
They're not as popular in Korea now (Due to always being in Japan) but they still have a massive fanbase overseas.

Top of the page so have some Bae:

01t.gif

Top Bottom