• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

neoism

M8twjVP.jpg

GoEFbZx.jpg

😍

Minzy track is good but it feels somewhat lacking. I'll take some more listens tomorrow before fully critiquing though.

New Loona release for ViVi, super 90s vibe.

https://youtu.be/ZNcBZM5SvbY

Lmao, I remember when ViVi was introduced everyone thought she was gonna be the rapper... turns out HaSeul is the rapper instead haha.

Anyway, as a lover of 90's music... YAAAAAASSSSSSSSSSSS! So glad I jumped on the Loona hypetrain... Blockberry might not know what the fuck they're doing with the member reveals but at least they know what's up with the music. This is actually my favorite Loona release since they started.

Lastly, I need more HaSeul in my life lol.

Loci

God awful. Way to catapult yourself back into nugudom and irrelevancy. Why even go on SNL then when you straight go back to pure4lyfe concepts. Especially since all they tried to show off with that MV was Johyun's cleavage and body line. And that choreo man, again.
____

Laboum song is alright.
____

Minzy's song needs more oomph. Teaser sounded better.
____

Tae looks great.

llehuty

Wow, today was stacked in terms of releases.

I like everything about Laboum's release. That chorus is so infectious, and the verses are good, I like those question/reply type of sections with 2 members. Good good. Who is producing their stuff? I've been liking almost all their title tracks so far. Bless makestar.

Vivi's song is quite good, a better showcase for her than the Loona 1/3 release (which is probably their weakest release so far). The MV was super cute with the 90s stuff.

Minzy's song is interesting. The energy levels are good, but seems to be missing something. It's still more refreshing than anything CL has put out.

Berrygood is such a waste, nothing works.

Pendulum

I like everything about Laboum's release. That chorus is so infectious, and the verses are good, I like those question/reply type of sections with 2 members. Good good. Who is producing their stuff? I've been liking almost all their title tracks so far. Bless makestar.

Andreas Öhrn and Chris Wahlen worked on the latest single. You would have heard their stuff most recently with AOA's Japanese single featuring Takanori Nishikawa/T.M.Revolution

(가면라이더 also worked on the latest Laboum single, but good luck finding more info about them as that's "Kamen Rider" and I'm wading in tv show links
edit: they did Cross Gene's "Black or White")

Good lord, I've been listening too Everyday I Love You all day today lol. I think I played the song every hour during the 9 hours I was sitting on my desk at work lol. I dunno why but that shit is so catchy. Also, I didn't even notice this but the rest of LOONA actually makes a cameo during the MV lol. They're all hanging out behind HaSeul and even get solo shots towards the end... damn my tunnel vision is getting extra haha.

Joking aside, I gotta say this has been an amazing 2-3 weeks of releases. Dreamcatcher kicked it off, EXID took it to it's heights, Jane Jang and Kisum delivered the soft blows before Loona/ViVi drowned it in a saccharine mess. And judging by what's coming in the future... will 2017 be the latest greatest year of K-Pop? I honestly don't even remember now when K-Pop had a great succession of releases like this... maybe 2014?

EDIT: LAWDDDDDD

llehuty

I honestly don't even remember now when K-Pop had a great succession of releases like this... maybe 2014?
2015 gave us 9Muses' Hurt Locker, AOA's Heart Attack, Stellar's Vibrato, f(x)'s 4 Walls album, Wonder Girls' Reboot album and Shinee's Odd and BoA's Kiss my Lips album. Most of them were released in July/August, it was insane.

llehuty

Wait, Vivi is the oldest Loona member so far? What?

She is still very young (20), but damn, her uber cute styling tricked me.

Loci

How many Loona girls are there yet?
Really confused about the whole process of their debut, when are they gonna show up for realz

llehuty

How many Loona girls are there yet?
Really confused about the whole process of their debut, when are they gonna show up for realz
5 for now, 6th will be revealed when Livi's MV hits 300k. I think the total, if there hasn't been any change, is 12 girls.

And it is getting needlessly confusing lately, and I have no idea why. They were on track to unveil one girl per month and debut after one year, but I don't know anymore.

Trying to decide if I want to spend the 200 dollars it'll take to buy a ticket to BigBang at Tokyo Dome. Not sure if I want to spend that much especially considering TOP won't be there.

How the hell is ViVi the oldest one?? Going by looks HaSeul looks to be the oldest with Heejin being the 2nd oldest.

5 for now, 6th will be revealed when Livi's MV hits 300k. I think the total, if there hasn't been any change, is 12 girls.

And it is getting needlessly confusing lately, and I have no idea why. They were on track to unveil one girl per month and debut after one year, but I don't know anymore.

Are we even sure there's still 5 of them? I know January girl got revealed then but she's been MIA after her introduction. I don't even see her in Loona TV... the only mention she got in recent Loona TV eps is #94... but it turns out to be some fncking fish in a pond lololol.

Also notice the blurred character during the escalator clip in the beginning... her blonde hair looks oddly familiar...

Speaking of confusing K-Pop shit... is KARD still scheduled to debut after Rumor or is the 4th release gonna be a pre-debut thing too?

ramyeon

How the hell is ViVi the oldest one?? Going by looks HaSeul looks to be the oldest with Heejin being the 2nd oldest.

Are we even sure there's still 5 of them? I know January girl got revealed then but she's been MIA after her introduction. I don't even see her in Loona TV... the only mention she got in recent Loona TV eps is #94... but it turns out to be some fncking fish in a pond lololol.

Also notice the blurred character during the escalator clip in the beginning... her blonde hair looks oddly familiar...

Speaking of confusing K-Pop shit... is KARD still scheduled to debut after Rumor or is the 4th release gonna be a pre-debut thing too?
January girl (Yeojin) is in the newest MV.

Blonde girl is JinSoul, the next member due to be revealed.

January girl (Yeojin) is in the newest MV.

Blonde girl is JinSoul, the next member due to be revealed.

She is? Where?? Lmao.

Tbh, I only really recognize HaSeul, Heejin, and ViVi... the rest are idek haha.

But yeah, I know that's JinSoul... just pointing out that she's been out in the open but BBC is being all jerky about it by blurring her out and shit.

I'm asuming there will be older members down the line, but she looks maknae tier (the actual maknae looks like a little baby, though). Speaking of which, Haseul is so cute in this.
Also, looking forward to Hyunjin dominating at Idol Olympics.
i'm the youngest in my family so i'm used to being called that =) i thought out of the 1/3mini group, hyunjin or heejin was the oldest.

that's 90's style video reminded me of the baggy pants in the beginning of this oldie:
Jang Yoon jeong - You're inside of me [MV] 1999

Channeling early Seo Taiji in the group shots, she even gets solo shots.

Lmao my HaSeul tunnel vision is kicking in... she's the one with the bucket hat right? Lol.

Also, I don't get what they're doing with JinSoul... I know she's supposed to be revealed when EILY hits 300K views but she makes an appearance in #91 as another blurred figure but more obvious this time coz you can see some strands of hair that looks pretty similar to the teaser they posted.

Tbh, I don't really care as long as we get good music lol.

Top of the page? Have a JiU.

Top Bottom