• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

K-Pop Fanboy/Fangirl |OT7| A Great Trash Leader as Always

7v2jhYR.jpg

R4hwobk.jpg

d5kM4Vy.jpg

alTIdhW.jpg

No No Eul

Goddess indeed.

Trying to figure out who is who in this one I am remembering why I just stuck with the media focus and liked Cheng Xiao. Too many members to discover/find something with them/keep track of!

I know what you mean. I can only reliably identify 14 of the members. Still got another 17 to memorize. I see people talking about Luda but I've no idea who that is.

WJSN ON CRACK #1
WJSN ON CRACK #2
WJSN ON CRACK #3
WJSN ON CRACK #4
WJSN ON CRACK #5
WJSN ON CRACK #6
WJSN ON CRACK #7

FAVORITE - PARTY TIME Official M/V

This is weird but I like it. It's like a half mysterious and half cute sounding song.

Weird is a good description, but I actually dig it. The contrasting sounds work. Gaeul lives up to my impression of her from P101. Definitely the best member. The rest of the album is solid as well, with My Day being the best song as expected. The other two songs: Hello and Moon Hieroglyphs.

CLC Eunbin wishing she was AS Eunbin

llehuty

Europe-GAF, new kpop event. This time in Poland.
Definitely skipping this one, lol, but maybe it will be worth keeping an eye if it becomes a regular event
with a decent lineup

Soda Lime, new girl group, with also predebut subunits mess:
While the first release of Lime Soda will be with only Hyerim and Seungji, more members will be added this year to complete the group
Hyerim was part of the group in Kpopstar that featured Elris' Sohee and Kriesha Chu.

New girl group, with pre debut schedule.
10 members, and the debut is scheduled for September.

Has BBC released the promised MV's yet? I've been checking all day lol.

Also don't hate me BoA-GAF but Tonight, her OST song from The Best Hit with Mad Clown, is her better release.

Camo has finally hit the wall and I'm cooling down on it... I can explain later after work if y'all want lol.

llehuty

Also don't hate me BoA-GAF but Tonight, her OST song from The Best Hit with Mad Clown, is her better release.

Camo has finally hit the wall and I'm cooling down on it... I can explain later after work if y'all want lol.
You mean, the by the numbers singer + rapper OST ballad duet that brings nothing new to the table or that we haven't heard 1000 times before?

I mean, Camo is not a masterpiece, but c'mon.
But then again you say you had to change the tempo of Kiss my lips...

You mean, the by the numbers singer + rapper OST ballad duet that brings nothing new to the table or that we haven't heard 1000 times before?

I mean, Camo is not a masterpiece, but c'mon.
But then again you say you had to change the tempo of Kiss my lips...

Lol I'm not saying Camo sucks, it's just cooled off and isn't as fun as it was initially.

But yeah, it's by the numbers and all that but to steal a saying by feist, it's perfectly in the pocket and it's pretty chill.

Here's a really quick summary of my reasoning, Camo is a song that requires work to listen to whereas Tonight requires none of that.

Or maybe I'm just getting old and hate work/getting involved lol.

Lmao I still stand by my statement about KML.

llehuty

Camo is a song that requires work to listen to whereas Tonight requires none of that.
Oh, I think I see where you are coming from. I wouldn't call it "work" but I like more involved and layered music. I have some of these strip down, low-key, simple songs in my playlists, but are kept to a minimum. Most of the times I feel like they aren't memorable enough.

Like, I have listened to that OST BoA track 2 times (one some minutes ago) and I already don't remember how it sounds like.

llehuty

Yooooo this WJSN song goes off.

https://youtu.be/iNBLlmrExNw

Will have to check the album now.

Edit: As if that early Dal Shabet sound wasn't enough, they're doing a Kara here?

https://youtu.be/5QXtQLkIGlY

That has to be Sweetune, yeah? Can't check right now.

2nd track is by e.one, which has been around for a while (he did work for KARA, but it was Cupid :/). 1st one is by a guy called armadillo and that has not many works out there.

But both are quite good, maybe I have to check WJSN B-sides after all?

BTS - Come Back Home (Seo Taiji and Boys Cover)
I really like how they didn't just do a straight cover and added their own style to it. It reminds me of Dark & Wild/Skool Luv Affair era BTS. I wish they had been in the music video but they were touring so I'm not too shocked. Also, they used their new logo at the end too! I'll miss that cheesy looking bulletproof vest but I like the new logo and font choice better.

Another Red Velvet teaser. Excited for this as well.

Pendulum

I wonder when this was filmed. M&H sent two trainees to Produce 101 (Chungha and Oh Seojung), but I don't see Seojung there. Since Seojung isn't there, and judging by Chungha's hair, this could be around IOI's "Whatta Man". Chungha can easily be a solo artist for the rest of her career with her talent, so I hope the group put together is worthy of her.

·feist·;242469780 said:

I remember the first Marquese video I saw. I'd love to see some K-Pop dancers take inspiration from him.

---

WEKI MEKI
tumblr_o39jvePq9N1v89783o1_400.gif

Fantagio states that in one meaning of the name ”Weki Meki," ”MeKi" refers to eight unique girls who each hold keys that identify one another and ”WeKi" refers to the girls as a group once they meet and come to possess another key that opens a new world.
The name is twofold, with another meaning for the name taking the ”we" and ”me" from the two words to form ”WEME," signifying the eight members coming together to form a group.
https://streamable.com/koj4p

Oh, I think I see where you are coming from. I wouldn't call it "work" but I like more involved and layered music. I have some of these strip down, low-key, simple songs in my playlists, but are kept to a minimum. Most of the times I feel like they aren't memorable enough.

Like, I have listened to that OST BoA track 2 times (one some minutes ago) and I already don't remember how it sounds like.

Yeah, involved and layered is a good phrase for it.

And it's not that I don't like that kind of music, I do actually... in the case of Camo, I just feel that it's punch after punch after punch~ and there's really nowhere within the 3:20 to really take a breath besides the intro, the verse leading up to the bridge and the ending of the song. And once you get to the 2nd verse, it never really takes a rest there thanks to the cowbell and more layers of vocals that fill up the sound.

That leads to the song being unloopable imo. It doesn't help that it's a serious and moody song so it'll tire you out.

A really good example of another song that's exactly like this, minus the serious and moody part is SES' Paradise. It too is a punch after punch after punch of music, but it's redeemable quality is the fact that it's a fun and upbeat song and that by itself makes it a loopable tune.

That said, I definitely prefer simple and unlayered tunes... just look at my list for the year...

Out of the two lists I posted, Subin - Circle's Dream, Unnies 2 - Right, both Dreamcatcher songs, SES - Paradise, and John Park - DND are the only songs that are layered and involved out of the 27 I listed lol.

best time

Damn.

Girl just needs to keep her hair down forever and I'll stan her to death.

WEKI MEKI

And here I thought Gugudan, Loona and Pristin are dumb group names... way to go Fantagio!

BTS - Come Back Home (Seo Taiji and Boys Cover)
I really like how they didn't just do a straight cover and added their own style to it. It reminds me of Dark & Wild/Skool Luv Affair era BTS. I wish they had been in the music video but they were touring so I'm not too shocked. Also, they used their new logo at the end too! I'll miss that cheesy looking bulletproof vest but I like the new logo and font choice better.

Another Red Velvet teaser. Excited for this as well.
i was about to post some 1993 Seo Taiji last night but fell asleep. funny, i have these girls that are insane BTS fans. i tried to introduce that song a few months back and they hated on it. Now magically they will like it. lol

WEKI MEKI
R1920x0

Fantagio states that in one meaning of the name “Weki Meki,” “MeKi” refers to eight unique girls who each hold keys that identify one another and “WeKi” refers to the girls as a group once they meet and come to possess another key that opens a new world.
The name is twofold, with another meaning for the name taking the “we” and “me” from the two words to form “WEME,” signifying the eight members coming together to form a group.

https://streamable.com/koj4p
R1920x0

Boss Mog

I don't even know what's worse, the name or the explanation behind it. Even i-Teen Girls would've been 10 times better. Poor Yoojung...

I think Weki Meki is a really cute and unique name. We've gone past the limit of acceptable names for a group years ago already. I think the point when I gave up was MBLAQ.

Only issue with Weki Meki is that the English name and korean don't seem to match well since it's pronounced Wiki Miki. Besides that it's much better than i-Teen Girls which is just sounds like an early 2000s tryhard pop group.

llehuty

The worst thing of the name is that it sonds like it's going to be a cutesy galore group. Let's hope it's not the case.

So I saw on AJ a commenter saying that Meki is a rather dirty slang for the female reproductive organ in Indonesian. Thought that was a joke until I asked a friend about it and confirms that it is indeed correct.

She put it this way: "the c-word is probably the closest equivalent in English but you multiply that by 5 and you get the Indo equivalent."

*michaeljacksonpopcorn.gif*

llehuty

This is cute and everything, but it should have been out before Kimlip and Jinsoul. BTW, the alternative "Singing in the rain" MV will be released on the 10th, exclusively on VLive.

Predictable for the most part, but on the bright side we already know half of the songs are great. Going to be my first physical CD purchase in a long time.

C9's 10 member girl group first reveals:

(Tell me your wish) Genie and Nayoon.
I just realized that we don't usually get big numbered groups with mature concept very often. Could be interesting.

llehuty

nannannan I'm a I'm a babyface
I'm a I'm a babyface
jago ireo nassneunde
da yeppeudago hane

I'm a I'm a babyface
I'm a I'm a babyface
banggeum sesu haessneunde
deo banjjakbanjjak hadae

I'm a I'm a babyface
I'm a I'm a babyface
sigani deo jinado
nan ttokgateul geo gatdae

nae pibuneun babypink
nae hyanggineun babypowder
gajgo taeeonassneunde ige da maeryeogirae

Bless dice for showing me the light.

Jisoo still funniest member.

Blackpink would have no business in doing variety if it wasn't for Jisoo, she is hilarious and it gets reinforced by how shy the others are. Lisa also has potential but I think the language barrier is holding her back.

Hokuten

Neo Member
Mina best TWICE followed by Dahyun.

Jisoo best Blackpink.

LOONA's Rain 51db is not what I hoped for, but I just think of it as an extra for the fans. Good to see the 1/3 crew in something "new".

WEKI MEKI is so strange for a name, but OK. Let's see what they got.

WEKI MEKI, MY SUPA WEKI MEKI MEKI.

This makes it better.

Doul

Neo Member
Bona is a Goddess.
evidence 1 evidence 2
Consider me on the WJSN train.

Bless dice for showing me the light.

Hahaha you're damn right. Babyface is awesome ! WJSN is my favorite group right now. I was strangely reluctant to admit that TWICE wasn't the first group in my heart but you got to be honest with yourself. I stan WJSN 24/7. They've got the prettiest girls around in my opinion and I can almost name every single one of them. Each of their releases so far hold little side-B gems. They have TONS of fancams on Youtube. What's not to love ? Glad to see more people getting into this train !
Also check out Robot, Prince, Good Night, Would You Kiss Me?, Perfect!, Miracle, Mr. Bad Boy, Closer To You, Plop Plop...

edit : everytime I read Kpop GAF :
tumblr_or6a635NEH1v69hruo5_400.gif

Top Bottom