• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kaiju Combat Kickstarter 2.0 from the team behind Atari Godzilla games ($100k goal)

Takao

Banned
Thought it might be worth pointing out and posting this here, the Kickstarter page has been reopened and updates will be posted there again. They've renamed it Colossal Kaiju Combat after that Wizards of the Cost mess.

I wonder if Hasbro will sue Warner Bros. I've heard "Kaiju" in a bunch of Pacific Rim ads ...

RM8

But I don't get it, isn't Kaiju just a word? :/ I wasn't aware it belonged to Hasbro in any form.

ixix

Exists in a perpetual state of Quantum Crotch Uncertainty.
Colossal Kaiju Combat is the name of the brand which is, like, legally distinct from it being the name of the game.

I'm just gonna copy and paste part of the email I got explaining it.

What is up with the new name on the Kickstarter page?

Kickstarter changed the displayed name of both Kickstarter pages to "The Fall of Nemesis: Clash of the Kaijujin" without consulting us. It's a bit confusing, we agree.

Remember, we are working on two games to release: a free-to-play game featuring the characters for KaijuLand, and a premium ("costs money to buy") game featuring Nemesis and 10 of our original monsters created by fans.

(BTW, our initial roster is Nemesis, Ikameijin, Tornaq, Katyusha, Moratitan, Duncan, Tursacra, Macrosaurus, Lycanoid, DragonLotus and Heart Eater! The roster was selected via these three votes.)

Our free-to-play game will come out first, and it will be called "KaijuLand Battles." Our premium game will come out second (or simultaneously with KaijuLand Battles) and it will be called "The Fall of Nemesis: Clash of the Kaijujin."

So it's not Kaiju Combat any more?

It still is! Colossal Kaiju Combat is still the name of our brand, even though it isn't the name of any specific game we release. This was actually always the case. You don't buy a product named "Lego" - you buy "Metro Hospital" or "Police Scooter" or "Lunar Landing Base" etc. "Lego" is just the brand name. We'll have our new "Colossal Kaiju Combat" logo on all of our products. Here is what it looks like!

I didn't bother to rehost the logo because I am indolent and a terrible person.

Takao

Banned
Top Bottom